Navigator Compression Problem

HalH1

:sos: OK, I need some verification on this one as I am still baffled but what I jsut saw! I have a 2004 Navigator2x4

While ago I started getting misfires accelerating up hills...no codes dealer could find so kept going. HAd a couple hard starts ( like no crank power but battery was fine) then finally got an engine icon (emission problem) and dealer took car in with diagnosis of dead hole on number 8. The repair was to take a while so I went to get things out of the car...service writer walked up to me, "don't freak out when you see your car" .

Low and behold I see my frame and drive train on the floor of the bay with my body hoisted high above it! I can't believe this is the way you access a Navigator engine, and don't see how they can put humpty dumpty together again without some serious problems.

AM i being paranoid?????? ANy one every heard of this repair method before?????

AS AN update to above check out this link....can't believe I saw this confirmation of my concerns

http://flatratetech.com/navigator1.htm

Edited by HalH1

:sos: OK, I need some verification on this one as I am still baffled but what I jsut saw! I have a 2004 Navigator2x4

While ago I started getting misfires accelerating up hills...no codes dealer could find so kept going. HAd a couple hard starts ( like no crank power but battery was fine) then finally got an engine icon (emission problem) and dealer took car in with diagnosis of dead hole on number 8. The repair was to take a while so I went to get things out of the car...service writer walked up to me, "don't freak out when you see your car" .

Low and behold I see my frame and drive train on the floor of the bay with my body hoisted high above it! I can't believe this is the way you access a Navigator engine, and don't see how they can put humpty dumpty together again without some serious problems.

My husband used to work for Ford and he said no one has ever done that. He said the only thing he can think of is maybe they are being lazy and not wanting to access it through the hood. But again the never did this at his Dealership. Good luck with your repair.

I don't understand what you mean by a "dead hole." The symptoms sound to me like the coil on cylinder #8 has gone bad. The coils often will not give a "Check Engine" light or set a trouble code immediately.

Ford has had a LOT of problem with those blankety-blank coils on spark plugs. I've replaced 4 in 183,000 miles, and my neighbor has replaced 8 in half that mileage. This is a job done from the top.

AS AN update to above check out this link....can't believe I saw this confirmation of my concerns

I work at MTP and yes this is how we replaced the engines in the plant also .There is no other way from my understanding..

thanks for reminding me to lease again........i d feel the same way seeing my vehicle in so many pieces.