POLL: Did you see this coming?

Did you see the "bet the farm" move coming?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Did you guess that something "financial" was cooking?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who Cares, I'm gone!

I was suspicious when Ken Leet got hired and was supposed to evaluate the internals of the company and find buyers for parts of it, I knew it didn't have anything to do with Aston Martin, that would sell all by itself. Plus he's from Goldman Sachs, who sends a banker to do the job of a slick salesman.

THEN I really got a big hint when Rubin left the board of directors citing that given Ford's upcoming financial review that his position within Citibank could create a conflict of interest.

Then the finance deal comes out and guess who? Goldman Sachs and Citibank all set to give cash for some moldy old buildings (Building 1 - 5 are gross on the inside), intellectual property rights (can you say Innovation Website suggestions anyone?), and anything else that is directly owned by FNA.

I saw it coming, I just didn't put it together til now.

I was suspicious when Ken Leet got hired and was supposed to evaluate the internals of the company and find buyers for parts of it, I knew it didn't have anything to do with Aston Martin, that would sell all by itself. Plus he's from Goldman Sachs, who sends a banker to do the job of a slick salesman.

THEN I really got a big hint when Rubin left the board of directors citing that given Ford's upcoming financial review that his position within Citibank could create a conflict of interest.

Then the finance deal comes out and guess who? Goldman Sachs and Citibank all set to give cash for some moldy old buildings (Building 1 - 5 are gross on the inside), intellectual property rights (can you say Innovation Website suggestions anyone?), and anything else that is directly owned by FNA.

I saw it coming, I just didn't put it together til now.

Ford has been hinting at this for weeks.

Something had to "be cooking." Ford needs cash both for on-going operations and to remain stand-alone solvent in the short-term (no "who-wants-to-bid-for-Chrysler" fiasco in the 90s nor "big-monied investor who wants to make a quick buck" a la Kerkorian & GM) plus Ford had access to "easy money" by tapping the value of the company's assets.

IMO, a wise move for Ford. Enough for the pundits to quit snarking for at least a couple of months.

Scott