Stunning: Half of Ford's blue collar workers take buyout

Blue Oval Guide

More than 35,000 Ford Motor Co. hourly workers -- almost half of the automaker's U.S. factory work force -- have accepted buyouts and will leave the automaker by next September, according to people familiar with the final tally.

That figure, which will be announced as early as this week, exceeds the company's goal of cutting 30,000 hourly positions by 2008 and should provide a major boost to Ford's effort to slash costs and return to profitability by 2009.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.

Think of all the money Ford could save if they could have just let their low performing and unneeded employees go without these huge buyout package.

It's just another example of having to pay people to not work. Completely counterintuitive to an outside observer.

Edited by usa1mac

Think of all the money Ford could save if they could have just let their low performing and unneeded employees go without these huge buyout package.

It's just another example of having to pay people to not work. Completely counterintuitive to an outside observer.

I agree. Why not get rid of the lazy, workers who fail to come in to work,but know how to work the system or have a family member either in management or union positions. Ford should just "clean house". :stirpot:

think of all the bandwidth that would have been saved if you saved that bullshit ass comment you idiot. you are just pissed and jealous because because you would love to be a ford employee. it's dumb bitches like you that block themselves from happiness. instead of being worried on how ford employees are gonna spend their buyout money you need to look in the mirror and tell the demon inside you to leave. this is just a jealous comment you made because you spent so much time thinking about how you'd spend the money and hoping that we wouldn't get a buyout.

hate is a disease, come back here when you get well!!!!!!!!! :slap:

think of all the bandwidth that would have been saved if you saved that bullshit ass comment you idiot. you are just pissed and jealous because because you would love to be a ford employee. it's dumb bitches like you that block themselves from happiness. instead of being worried on how ford employees are gonna spend their buyout money you need to look in the mirror and tell the demon inside you to leave. this is just a jealous comment you made because you spent so much time thinking about how you'd spend the money and hoping that we wouldn't get a buyout.

Oh dear. I do hope that you took the educational buyout package. It is sadly obvious that you must have slept through your elementary and high school classes.

Bravo Messr. usa1mac for speaking the truth about the situation at Ford Motor Company. I find it highly offensive that while my investments in the company continue to decline we are forced to pay an obscene amount of money to ner-do-wells that should have been dismissed quite some time ago.

No, when you come into work everyday, do your job, maybe go home with a few aching muscles, and see people perfectly able to do jobs, work the system, get FMLA's, restrictions, go homes etc. it is not BULLSHIT!. If Ford Motor Company and the Union did their job and got rid of the dead wood, and layarounds, maybe Ford would not be in the trouble they are today.And I am wondering how many of the "Happy People" will be "happy" when reality sets in, there are no jobs, and no medical insurance. Don't be so quick to jump the gun. Not everyone is jealous! :finger:

There seems to be some really harsh people out here..

Just think, if Ford and the UAW rid themselves of all the bads AND designed some vehicles that people wanted to buy, your investment would be just fine....Hell, if they would just do the designing, everything would be ok. But they haven't and this has put us into a slump....which in turn causes a lack of work. Hmmm. Think about it. All of this dead wood out there prob. has the same investment as many of you on the outside, myself included.

this topic should say signed up for, not are taking it , there will be a big difference when all is said and done.

Absolutely true! We heard last night here at Batavia that 11 people were already called back from layoff to fill in where people already left. When a person with 10- years of seniority sees this happening, they could be more inclined to feel that "Wait a minute, maybe my job here isn't going to end so quickly, maybe I don't need to take a buyout after all". Ford should have a cut-off date for you to change your mind. The way it is now, being you can change your mind up until your last day worked, Ford won't really know until the last day of all quits which could be September of '07. There were a lot of people here who said they were signing up for the buyout only because they felt it was better to signup and then change their mind later than to not signup at all.

Oh dear. I do hope that you took the educational buyout package. It is sadly obvious that you must have slept through your elementary and high school classes.

Bravo Messr. usa1mac for speaking the truth about the situation at Ford Motor Company. I find it highly offensive that while my investments in the company continue to decline we are forced to pay an obscene amount of money to ner-do-wells that should have been dismissed quite some time ago.

oh dear my ass :blah:. i'm not about to waste my time arguing with a woman so i'll leave you with a classic LOL...........

Think of all the money that could be saved and the higher morale if they were gone. If you owned a buisness do you think it would be OK to keep paying someone for nothing?

If you do please let me know when you are hiring!!!

No, when you come into work everyday, do your job, maybe go home with a few aching muscles, and see people perfectly able to do jobs, work the system, get FMLA's, restrictions, go homes etc. it is not BULLSHIT!. If Ford Motor Company and the Union did their job and got rid of the dead wood, and layarounds, maybe Ford would not be in the trouble they are today.And I am wondering how many of the "Happy People" will be "happy" when reality sets in, there are no jobs, and no medical insurance. Don't be so quick to jump the gun. Not everyone is jealous! :finger:

some of what you are saying is true but the guy above is a troll who is jealous. this is a union regardless if the uaw want to play it's part or not. the uaw is far from perfect but do you think we would be getting any type of severance without them? HELL NO!!!!!!!! there are companies that downsize and give their employees a 40hr check for each year they worked and thats it. also, ford is not as stupid as you think they might be.

Think of all the money that could be saved and the higher morale if they were gone. If you owned a buisness do you think it would be OK to keep paying someone for nothing?

If you do please let me know when you are hiring!!!

i agree with you. i hate lazy asses also. my post was not intended to stand up for the lack of accountability in labor relations and the union. but you are my brother and usa1mac is a jealous troll. dont let the current state of te company affect the union values you learned with ford. usa1mac is not a ford employee and if that guy had came here and posted that bullshit 2 years ago you would have flamed his ass also.

oh dear my ass :blah:. i'm not about to waste my time arguing with a woman so i'll leave you with a classic LOL...........

Oh, my dear Mr. Man, so it all comes down to "I have a penis and you don't!" :doh:

And then we have Emigh.....

Thank God...another expert :blah:

Now go back to your cubicle and be productive :happy feet:

You know, I have actually been on both sides, hourly and salary. But when I worked salaried, I was told, "you came looking for work didn't you?" Now, a lot of the hourly don't want to work. And the people that come in every day, do their work for 9 or 10 hours a day, are keeping Ford Motor Company functioning. So why don't you just go back to sleeping, sweeping or what ever the hell else you do! :happy feet:

i agree with you. i hate lazy asses also. my post was not intended to stand up for the lack of accountability in labor relations and the union. but you are my brother and usa1mac is a jealous troll. dont let the current state of te company affect the union values you learned with ford. usa1mac is not a ford employee and if that guy had came here and posted that bullshit 2 years ago you would have flamed his ass also.

No sir. I noticed this kind of shit from day one. It's partly the unions fault for the current state of the company. Sorry to say that there have not been many good values learned. It's supposed to be united, not just to stand up to things and protect one another. We should all be united in doing the work that needs to be done. Since it's supposed to be together as one, then the union should keep that value and get rid of the people that don't want to take part in the work part of it and higher it's values. I believe they say that we are the best autoworkers, think about how good we would be with the deadweight gone.

How provincial. A monkey pretending he is superior because he has a small appendage.

I am sure Ms. Elena Ford could stomp that attitude out of you quite easily and not soil her Ferragamos doing it.

You need to show more respect my dear little man. Afterall, you work for me.

Taa ta!

No sir. I noticed this kind of shit from day one. It's partly the unions fault for the current state of the company. Sorry to say that there have not been many good values learned. It's supposed to be united, not just to stand up to things and protect one another. We should all be united in doing the work that needs to be done. Since it's supposed to be together as one, then the union should keep that value and get rid of the people that don't want to take part in the work part of it and higher it's values. I believe they say that we are the best autoworkers, think about how good we would be with the deadweight gone.

it would be wonderful if all the deadweight was gone. but thats up to management to do it's job. instead we have supervisors and union reps that are having sex with the employees. this is a mess that has been needed to be cleaned for a long time. my first 90 days with the company were so hard for me because everyone was lazy and didn't do shit. i remember i would do my job and sweep/mop my area and people thought i was crazy. but i thank God for my experience because i made a little paper and i learned alot about people. i'll be a better employee at my next job because of this.

Edited by JJ@Batvia

How provincial. A monkey pretending he is superior because he has a small appendage.

I am sure Ms. Elena Ford could stomp that attitude out of you quite easily and not soil her Ferragamos doing it.

You need to show more respect my dear little man. Afterall, you work for me.

Taa ta!

i just skimmed through all your posts that you made here an i have come to the conclusion that you are a very unhappy sour pussied bitch. also, you hold stock in ford and general motors so how the fuck do i work for you bitch? in everyone one of your posts you are either man bashing or calling somebody uneducated. i just love the one post you made where you claim that your support of ford enables all of us to go to walmart and buy our beer. lol! you are a fucking idiot you dumb bitch, lmao! get some class and stfu!