New Fusion Owner

fordfalcon65

Hi all, I've been reading Blue Oval news for some time now. I finally decided to join in on some conversation. i just picked up an 07 Fusion SEL V6. I'm really enjoying it. I had an 01 Lincoln LS. After serious thought, I decided to trade it for the Fusion. The Fusion is really surprising me with the handling. I haven't been much for FWD cars, but this is really refined. The only problem I see with the car is it will have to go back for the headliner. It's loose by the sunroof. I'm sure it will be no problem for Ford to fix. Nice to be aboard.

Hi all, I've been reading Blue Oval news for some time now. I finally decided to join in on some conversation. i just picked up an 07 Fusion SEL V6. I'm really enjoying it. I had an 01 Lincoln LS. After serious thought, I decided to trade it for the Fusion. The Fusion is really surprising me with the handling. I haven't been much for FWD cars, but this is really refined. The only problem I see with the car is it will have to go back for the headliner. It's loose by the sunroof. I'm sure it will be no problem for Ford to fix. Nice to be aboard.

I went from a 2000 LS V8 Sport to a 06 SEL V6 Fusion. The Fusion is a lot more comfortable for daily driving and gets better fuel mileage. And it's just as quick although with a bit of torque steer. I do miss the LS on road trips though. My plan is to use the Fusion as a daily driver and get a Mustang GT convertible w/manual as the "fun" car.

I went from a 2000 LS V8 Sport to a 06 SEL V6 Fusion. The Fusion is a lot more comfortable for daily driving and gets better fuel mileage. And it's just as quick although with a bit of torque steer. I do miss the LS on road trips though. My plan is to use the Fusion as a daily driver and get a Mustang GT convertible w/manual as the "fun" car.

Hi, I think there alot a like in many ways. I had a V8 Sport LS with the his/hers shifter. I think it was quicker than the Fusion. But then again my Fusion only has 200 miles on it so I haven't really opened it up yet. And I agree withthe gas. The LS premium gas, and about 13.8 in the city. I'm getting about 19 already on regular fuel, and the isn't broken in yet.

I've found that the Fusion is great in the low gears and has good acceleration (albeit sometimes choppy), but it gets to be a drag once you hit past 60 mph. It doesn't accelerate nearly as fast.

Of course, I have an I4, so that affects my POV here.

// Took mine to 100 mph with just 300 mi on the clock.