Dearborn Truck Buyout's

napman

850 production, 62 skilled. How many at NAP took the transfer? I'm sure most will leave after the NAP people are trained.

Yeah from what I was told in the office on friday it is alittle over 300 and that is all because that is all that signed up. Now look at what wixom is doing in the coming weeks. Most likely they will be shipping those guys over the same time NAP comes because temps are being hired in to take over the plant until may's closure date. MTP should be on the list also but not heard that one yet. Ask around if anyone is talking about that as I a sure someone will. I am thinking low cost plant...

Yeah from what I was told in the office on friday it is alittle over 300 and that is all because that is all that signed up. Now look at what wixom is doing in the coming weeks. Most likely they will be shipping those guys over the same time NAP comes because temps are being hired in to take over the plant until may's closure date. MTP should be on the list also but not heard that one yet. Ask around if anyone is talking about that as I a sure someone will. I am thinking low cost plant...

Whats your production schedule look like?

My husband asked a union guy and he said that on Wed we will get transfer packages.

Candee

The union (local 919 @ least) has certainly left the building! We had about 350

take transfer packages @ NAP i've heard (unofficial)...not very many really....

MI area ppl & plenty of others will have lotsa opportunity to transfer into DTP

if desired....we ALL better make that a great running plant!

I heard NAP will be 1st to transfer into DTP, anyone else hear this..supposedly

terms of a "transfer of operation" aggrement per/ contract etc

The union (local 919 @ least) has certainly left the building! We had about 350

take transfer packages @ NAP i've heard (unofficial)...not very many really....

MI area ppl & plenty of others will have lotsa opportunity to transfer into DTP

if desired....we ALL better make that a great running plant!

I heard NAP will be 1st to transfer into DTP, anyone else hear this..supposedly

terms of a "transfer of operation" aggrement per/ contract etc

Yeah you guys will but they are going to flood the floor with all of you at once or in 2 groups. The list went up last night with the people that are leaving as of christmas and not returning. I got a call saying it went up at the union office outside. I am going to take a look to see how many is leaving so derek if you did see it maybe you could give the approx. number on the list. I thought the person said it was around 200 but I could be mistaken. I would think they would do NAP in one wave and then begin to start Wixom then MTP. Did anyone bother to notice that wixom has put up on michworks.org that ended on the 1st for temps to get hired into wixom. That may start at the time they transfer people on the 8th of Jan. from NAP because they need to get the 3rd shift set up soon. Projected time frame for training is no more than 2 months time.

I have not heard anything on Atlanta employees lately but I would expect them to take some spots as well.

Whats your production schedule look like?

Paint is posted for 9,everyone else for 8.5. We only did 8 last night. Job 2 rolled through after lunch last night. It was supposed to go through on days but our system got all f :censored: ed up by a computer glitch that caused the body shop to balance out the super cabs 200 units early. What a freaking mess in the plant Thursday and Friday with all the cut outs. We had carpets, bumpers, B &C pillers all over the place. And thats just what I saw from my line. I know trim had to be worse.

Yeah you guys will but they are going to flood the floor with all of you at once or in 2 groups. The list went up last night with the people that are leaving as of christmas and not returning. I got a call saying it went up at the union office outside. I am going to take a look to see how many is leaving so derek if you did see it maybe you could give the approx. number on the list. I thought the person said it was around 200 but I could be mistaken. I would think they would do NAP in one wave and then begin to start Wixom then MTP. Did anyone bother to notice that wixom has put up on michworks.org that ended on the 1st for temps to get hired into wixom. That may start at the time they transfer people on the 8th of Jan. from NAP because they need to get the 3rd shift set up soon. Projected time frame for training is no more than 2 months time.

I have not heard anything on Atlanta employees lately but I would expect them to take some spots as well.

Yeah I heard about the list but I did not check it out. I heard (but can not confirm) that the list was made up of mostly slack asses, union people and friends of union people. Did you hear we lost our plant chair, bargining rep, both time studies and the dayshift chassis rep. I know the control point guy on my line has over 30,took the buyout and is not on this list. As far as MTP...well if the buyout numbers I heard for local 900 (I think someone posted it was like 1200 for all of 900) hold we might not get anyone from there. Guess we just wait and see.

I think maybe 1 or 2 at most would come into DTP from AAP.

Well we still have plenty of room for you.

By the way "fighting does NOT solve everthing"....however beating the holy piss out of someone does :shades:

Edited by DearbornDerek

Thanks Dtpm & DearnbornDerek for info....yea, who knows how all of this will play out

w/ ppl leavin & ppl transferring to plants etc.....they (Ford) better do whatever it takes to

make sure quality is not compromised one iota thru this...im sure they've considered

this??..... on another note, you guys seem to give best info from your respective plant,

where near to DTP is a good (temp.) type apartment complex...maybe w/in 10min or so

from DTP...just till i familiarize myself w/ the area etc..gotta a realtor & internet of course

but no better to get info than from ppl that live somewhere...safety & cost are biggest

priorities. Thanks in advance guys!

Heard there is barely 350 ppl to be approved (wed. we get official announcement here) to

go to DTP from Norfolk...there will be alot more needed to fill vacancies...norfolk ppl wont

even fill HALF of buyout slots let alone need for 3rd shift in june! Good luck to all!

I think maybe 1 or 2 at most would come into DTP from AAP.

If ppl from AAP want to continue their careers w/ FoMoCo there wouldnt

be a better place to go than DTP...1 or 2 (i know u r jokin) but i hope more

would consider....i went up there to visit some wks ago (for 2 days) its nice

overall, of course they dont have nice weather like Norfolk or Atlanta seems

used to BUT you'll get job security (if u have @ least 10yrs seniority) & the

benies that go along w/ that...................

I took the buyout from DTP, and I leave on Jan 1st. Enjoy my job, I'm packing the family up and moving to Texas. Ford has done alot for my family for the past 29 years. Time to move on.

Death to the BCS!!!

So days I take it right? From what I was told it mostly made up of the medical people and union people that wanted to leave. They should have done this by seniority but I do understand the need to let the dead weight go. After all the non core jobs where people just hang out are going bye bye. This week started the COA on attendance so I am just waiting to see how things go.

So days I take it right? From what I was told it mostly made up of the medical people and union people that wanted to leave. They should have done this by seniority but I do understand the need to let the dead weight go. After all the non core jobs where people just hang out are going bye bye. This week started the COA on attendance so I am just waiting to see how things go.

I had heard one of the guys on chassis 5 awoled this week and got a month off. What did they do? offer to let him leave Jan.1 with his buyout! Personaly I would of rolled the dice because I know this lazy F :censored: would not have made it through the month of Jan. without missing another day, then the company could of saved 100k.

I believe there was only 90 or so names on the Jan.1 list.

I had heard one of the guys on chassis 5 awoled this week and got a month off. What did they do? offer to let him leave Jan.1 with his buyout! Personaly I would of rolled the dice because I know this lazy F :censored: would not have made it through the month of Jan. without missing another day, then the company could of saved 100k.

I believe there was only 90 or so names on the Jan.1 list.

Derek or DTPM, When does the 18 month freeze start on shift bumping?

Edited by fordnapworker1993

I dont believe with all the talk that know one knows shit about the skilled trades rights to a transefer etc. They want us to leave but they wont let us, They say we will have rights to transefer or flowback but NO one can say or do shit. WTF.

These idiots at the top treat us like dog shit after we have taken care of their stupid F******* ass for all these years. We work in, on and around industrial pollution and hazzards for many years and they dont show us or our families any respect.

Managers, production folk have a good idea where they will end up but supervisors and the trades are left to fend for themseleve like lost dogs looking for food next to a burned out hummvee in Iraq, WTF.

Its getting to the point where I'm treating them like they are treating me, except their the ant that the dog in Iraq takes a shit on. I cant wait to take the money and walk out of this place and give all of my skills and past trainning to a competitor, its just to bad I have to wait to June to have peace.

Buttheads also shit on ants and I have nothing left for you except your greed will come back to haunt you 1000 times over so dont ask, why me when your shitter doesnt work any more and you blow up.

To everyone else good luck and best to all. I hope you start to find peace with whatever decision you make

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE HARD WORKING BROTHERS AND SISTERS. YOU DESERVE THE BEST!

Well we still have plenty of room for you.

By the way "fighting does NOT solve everthing"....however beating the holy piss out of someone does :shades:

We'll see how it shakes out,oh and Fighting solves evrything and beating the holy piss out of someone just put's the exclamation point on it.

Good luck to all!

If ppl from AAP want to continue their careers w/ FoMoCo there wouldnt

be a better place to go than DTP...1 or 2 (i know u r jokin) but i hope more

would consider....i went up there to visit some wks ago (for 2 days) its nice

overall, of course they dont have nice weather like Norfolk or Atlanta seems

used to BUT you'll get job security (if u have @ least 10yrs seniority) & the

benies that go along w/ that...................

I am not joking.Why the hell would I joke about that?There are maybe 5 total that would be serious about going to DTP me being:

Down here there are 4 types of people,

1.people who moved here from Michigan and don't mind moving back

2.People from Michigan who would rather take the buyout than move back to Michigan,which they did.

3.People who are from the south and will no way in hell move to the north,not really knowing that louisville gets snow too.

4.people who were born in Georgia and will die in Georgia.

But honestly who would voluntarily move to Michigan?

Derek or DTPM, When does the 18 month freeze start on shift bumping?

I think we will still have our normal bump in February and I think the 18 month freeze will start as soon as the third shift starts. More or less whomever comes in to DTP after days and afternoons is filled will be on the C crew (Fri-Sat days, Sun-Mon nights) for 18 months.

I think we will still have our normal bump in February and I think the 18 month freeze will start as soon as the third shift starts. More or less whomever comes in to DTP after days and afternoons is filled will be on the C crew (Fri-Sat days, Sun-Mon nights) for 18 months.

Can you request to be on 3rd shift once it starts up?

We'll see how it shakes out,oh and Fighting solves evrything and beating the holy piss out of someone just put's the exclamation point on it.

I am not joking.Why the hell would I joke about that?There are maybe 5 total that would be serious about going to DTP me being:

Down here there are 4 types of people,

1.people who moved here from Michigan and don't mind moving back

2.People from Michigan who would rather take the buyout than move back to Michigan,which they did.

3.People who are from the south and will no way in hell move to the north,not really knowing that louisville gets snow too.

4.people who were born in Georgia and will die in Georgia.

But honestly who would voluntarily move to Michigan?

Hey i hear you Hendew ,i was part of the preferential placement that came there in june of 84 and return to my plant [nap ]in august of 87 while i was there at atlanta i met and and married a georgia gal who told me that VA.was as far north as she was willing to go ,so yes i do understand your sentiment lol

Last I heard no, you have to wait the 18 months before you can bump to c crew.

hey derek or dtpm ,y'all seem very knowledgeable i have a few questions for y'all while i myself amm not comming there,their are some that would like to know, 1 you said you'll work in groups switching jobs every 20 or so min.,does that apply to body shop ? how are you gonna to handel does that come up with some sort of medical restriction ?and last but not least i saw that you'll were joking about someone getting a month off for awol was that for 1st time or accumaltive since COA?

hey derek or dtpm ,y'all seem very knowledgeable i have a few questions for y'all while i myself amm not comming there,their are some that would like to know, 1 you said you'll work in groups switching jobs every 20 or so min.,does that apply to body shop ? how are you gonna to handel does that come up with some sort of medical restriction ?and last but not least i saw that you'll were joking about someone getting a month off for awol was that for 1st time or accumaltive since COA?

Well I can't speak for body because I've never been over there.The groups are our teams. Almost all teams do some kind if rotation (only one or two don't rotate at all). How they rotate is up to the team. My team does it after every break, some once a day and some every 20 min. to half hour. If someone has a restriction on my team they are usually loaned out, and if they are not needed anywhere they push a broom or go home "no work available". The COA went into effect this past Monday. For attendence, anyone who had less than 2 weeks D.A. at the time had thier records zeroed out. Anyone with 2 weeks D.A. or more had thier record stand. That guy had 2 weeks served before awoling on Monday...so he got the whole month off. Next awol after a month off is termination...like I said, I would have rolled the dice on him to miss again before his seperation date. Hope that helps.

Well I can't speak for body because I've never been over there.The groups are our teams. Almost all teams do some kind if rotation (only one or two don't rotate at all). How they rotate is up to the team. My team does it after every break, some once a day and some every 20 min. to half hour. If someone has a restriction on my team they are usually loaned out, and if they are not needed anywhere they push a broom or go home "no work available". The COA went into effect this past Monday. For attendence, anyone who had less than 2 weeks D.A. at the time had thier records zeroed out. Anyone with 2 weeks D.A. or more had thier record stand. That guy had 2 weeks served before awoling on Monday...so he got the whole month off. Next awol after a month off is termination...like I said, I would have rolled the dice on him to miss again before his seperation date. Hope that helps.

Have you heard when trucks will be starting to be produced on 3rd crew? And when it starts what's the time frame they expect 3rd crew to be up to production number?