Van Dyke Rumor?

Dr X

Heard that Van Dyke is shipping back its layed off people to AAI, and the people in the Chesterfield GEN pool are going to Van Dyke. Any truth in this rumor? :stirpot:

Here is some official word for what it's worth, and some gossip

Official: some chesterfield people are sitting in gen AT van dyke, but it is just a space issue. they are still chesterfield and are not and will not be van dyke people.

gossip: AAI doesn't really need any bodies, but dearborn does. so instead of laying off the 200 or so extra people, and forcing some to go, they are putting everyone in gen starting monday morning.

Official: some chesterfield people are sitting in gen AT van dyke, but it is just a space issue. they are still chesterfield and are not and will not be van dyke people.

gossip: AAI doesn't really need any bodies, but dearborn does. so instead of laying off the 200 or so extra people, and forcing some to go, they are putting everyone in gen starting monday morning.

Flat rock did call and ask about possible available people, DTP has sent their doctors down to Atlanta, and Norfolk. There will be transfers fillin those spots including TPT's for the third shift down there. :idea:

The offical word is.... Chesterfield people are not at the plant. They are sitting at the Family center and a boss from Vandyke brings them there checks. They will be filling in at utica, and Romeo after all the buyout numbers there are final. :reading:

As for Van dyke it's self. Offically. 200 people total will be in Gen pool starting monday morning. Those in 6F are on T.L.O for the next two weeks. Those people left in FN will be on T.L.O the week after christmas break. The people who have taken the buyout packages,(that be me) are extended on T.L.O till the first of the yr. when the packages will then become final! Good luck to everyone. Sounds like things may turn out ok.

End of jan early feb will see a afternoon shift added to the 6F trans line. :hyper:

Flat rock did call and ask about possible available people, DTP has sent their doctors down to Atlanta, and Norfolk. There will be transfers fillin those spots including TPT's for the third shift down there. :idea:

The offical word is.... Chesterfield people are not at the plant. They are sitting at the Family center and a boss from Vandyke brings them there checks. They will be filling in at utica, and Romeo after all the buyout numbers there are final. :reading:

As for Van dyke it's self. Offically. 200 people total will be in Gen pool starting monday morning. Those in 6F are on T.L.O for the next two weeks. Those people left in FN will be on T.L.O the week after christmas break. The people who have taken the buyout packages,(that be me) are extended on T.L.O till the first of the yr. when the packages will then become final! Good luck to everyone. Sounds like things may turn out ok.

End of jan early feb will see a afternoon shift added to the 6F trans line. :hyper:

I am up in the gen pool this morning, and i think you are right, have not found any people from other plants here. only thing different is that the low seniority 6f people were put in gen also, not on tlo. do you know how long fn will be down for?

AAI will need people, they have 700 plus buyouts. As of last month they wanted to reduce a little over 400. There would have to be some back fill unless they are going to allow TPT or TFT. Who knows with that place. :doh:

Not sure on trades I just heard the total number. I know AAI doesn't have many trades anyways.

Trades There is no word on yet, we really don't have many skilled trades in AAI compared to other Plants.

As for 700 people leaving with Buy Outs I think that number is dropping off so that Number is getting smaller, and you cant forget that AAI is rolled over so we don't really how many people we will need till the smoke clears..........

What do you mean by "AAI is rollover"?

Also, how many people orginially from AAI second shift are still out there with RTBU rights? Many of those people were distributed out among the Ford/Visteon/ACH parts plants.

I think he meant over rolled by 400 so that leaves with approx. 300 for buyout (if they don't back out) and there are Livonia people at our plant that still want to return to Livonia ASAP.

I am up in the gen pool this morning, and i think you are right, have not found any people from other plants here. only thing different is that the low seniority 6f people were put in gen also, not on tlo. do you know how long fn will be down for?

:redcard: Well From what I was told today Fn is only scheduled T.L.O the first week back from christmas shutdown. Then they should be picking back up. They also said some (bout half) in gen pool will be back filling those that will be leaving with the buyouts on jan 2, the rest should be absorbed into 6f afternoons sometime around mid feb.

Hope all the info helps you guys out. :shades: I will try and find out more this week.

20 trades signed up but they can still back out

Trades There is no word on yet, we really don't have many skilled trades in AAI compared to other Plants.

As for 700 people leaving with Buy Outs I think that number is dropping off so that Number is getting smaller, and you cant forget that AAI is rolled over so we don't really how many people we will need till the smoke clears..........