Oil Change @ Dealership= Damage to my truck

iluvford

Tonight I took my 2005 F-150 to my local dealership (I am not going to name them...yet) for an oil change. I came back to pick up my truck and as I was opening the door I noticed a huge gash in the side crease of the driver side door---which I KNOW was NOT there when I left it there. There is paint missing and metal that could cut your finger if you ran your hand down the side ofthe door. Thank god that the oil change was free (I had a free oil change certificate) :censored::cry::banghead:

They said they are going to have the "body shop" fix it. Well, they don't have a body shop because they are small town. I hope to god they don't plan on putting some damn touch up paint on the exposed metal.

This is not the first time that they have treated my vehicle poorly. I have found oil on the seats (which they later detailed), I have had an oil change only later found out they never checked the tire pressure (I happened to notice it when I filled my gas tank right after I picked my car up)........this is truly the last time I will go to this dealership.

Any suggestions? :sos::soapbox:

Edited by iluvford

Tonight I took my 2005 F-150 to my local dealership (I am not going to name them...yet) for an oil change. I came back to pick up my truck and as I was opening the door I noticed a huge gash in the side crease of the driver side door---which I KNOW was NOT there when I left it there. There is paint missing and metal that could cut your finger if you ran your hand down the side ofthe door. Thank god that the oil change was free (I had a free oil change certificate) :censored::cry::banghead:

They said they are going to have the "body shop" fix it. Well, they don't have a body shop because they are small town. I hope to god they don't plan on putting some damn touch up paint on the exposed metal.

This is not the first time that they have treated my vehicle poorly. I have found oil on the seats (which they later detailed), I have had an oil change only later found out they never checked the tire pressure (I happened to notice it when I filled my gas tank right after I picked my car up)........this is truly the last time I will go to this dealership.

Yes, like u said...get a new Ford dealership for service (... and new vehicle sales!).

They should be treatin you very well...if they are marginal, find another local

Ford store that im sure would love to make you a happy customer etc.... u drive

the best pick up truck on earth bar none...u deserve an equally great dealer brother!

Where are you located? The guys on here would be happy to help recommend a

better dealer...... can we help him fellas? :reading:

Thats is some B.S. to say the least. If the scrape is down to the bare metal,then the entire door will have to be re-painted. You cant spot paint bare metal. Because they have to re-do the e-coat also,and a couple other coats. You just better hope that the new paint matches the old paint.

This is one example of why I do all the maintenance on my car and my wifes car. Plus I just like wrenching. You need to name them,so maybe others can avoid the same problems.

My advice would be to buy a Haynes manual for your truck,and learn to do this stuff yourself. Its a hell of a lot cheaper,and you know it will get done right.

Are you a Ford employee?If so you have a dealer liason and you should contact him immediately.

There is one other dealership around here----but that one is not any better. :banghead: I think I am going to start taking it to the Lincoln dealership, but I was trying to avoid that because they sell Toyota and I am faithful to Ford. :doh:

My family works for Ford, I do not. I just know a lot about Ford because of them.

Thanks for all the advice! :hyper:

Go to a dealership where the service department is UAW. There is more pride with the techs then at other dealers.

The only problem is it sounds like he's in a small town, so who knows if there are any others around him.

Also, considering how many Ford dealerships are, it may be tough to find a new one.

There is one other dealership around here----but that one is not any better. :banghead: I think I am going to start taking it to the Lincoln dealership, but I was trying to avoid that because they sell Toyota and I am faithful to Ford. :doh:

My family works for Ford, I do not. I just know a lot about Ford because of them.

Thanks for all the advice! :hyper:

Know how you feel, got aFord dealer here in Cheasapeake, had trouble several times over the years with them. Finally went to Portsmouth to a Ford dealer, bought a (then) new Taurus, took it back to them for service, good service, Dam if the first dealer didn't buy them out. I now take the car up the street to the Mercury dealer, good service again.

Stay away from the Ford dealerships! You can get a better service at Wal-Mart! ha ha ha ha ha ha!

:hysterical:

F**K You troll!.... still havent got a life we all see...hehehehehe :shades:

Need an X-plan pin # yet? You need to step up to a great vehicle....... its

obvious you have always wanted to be an integrated part of this forum......

FIRST TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO NEVER GIVE THAT DEALERSHIP ANY MORE BUSINESS.

SECOND, GO TO THE NEXT DEALERSHIP AND TELL THEM WHAT HAPPENED. TELL THEM THAT IF YOU TREAT ME LIKE THE PREVIOUS DEALERSHIP DID YOU WILL LEAVE THEM TO AND GIVE THEM THE WORST PR THAT THEY CAN EVER IMAGINE.

THIRD, START WRITING, CALLING, E-MAILING ETC FORD MOTOR COMPANY UNTIL YOU GET SOME SATISFACTION ON YOUR END. IF THEY DON'T WANT TO HELP YOU OUT CALL THE LOCAL NEWS. THEY HAVE A PROBLEM SOLVER GROUP. GIVE THEM YOUR STORY. THEY WILL EAT THIS KIND OF STORY UP!! IT WILL PUT PUBLIC PRESURE ON FORD MOTOR AND THE DEALERSHIP TO REACT.

GOOD LUCK!!

FIRST TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO NEVER GIVE THAT DEALERSHIP ANY MORE BUSINESS.

Big deal

SECOND, GO TO THE NEXT DEALERSHIP AND TELL THEM WHAT HAPPENED. TELL THEM THAT IF YOU TREAT ME LIKE THE PREVIOUS DEALERSHIP DID YOU WILL LEAVE THEM TO AND GIVE THEM THE WORST PR THAT THEY CAN EVER IMAGINE.

Some Asshole came to me with an attitude like that I would decline their work. Why would I want some picky bastard telling me what I was/would do? Ain't gonna happen.

THIRD, START WRITING, CALLING, E-MAILING ETC FORD MOTOR COMPANY UNTIL YOU GET SOME SATISFACTION ON YOUR END.

BFD, we don't work for Ford. You will get no satisfaction that way I promise.

IF THEY DON'T WANT TO HELP YOU OUT CALL THE LOCAL NEWS. THEY HAVE A PROBLEM SOLVER GROUP. GIVE THEM YOUR STORY. THEY WILL EAT THIS KIND OF STORY UP!! IT WILL PUT PUBLIC PRESURE ON FORD MOTOR AND THE DEALERSHIP TO REACT.

Yeah right

Where do you morons keep comming from? This place is like an airport with uneducated misinformed morons crash landing everywhere. I hope this kind of "person" is not representative of the Ford workforce

There should be no reason the Dealership does not make this right, period. If this dealership did not do a walk around at write up, then its your word against thiers (and they aren't very smart). I do believe they probably did it. It has happened at my Dealership. No hassel, you fix it. Thats a cost of doing business..... They fall off the carriers in the yards, and get wrecked on Fords lots........it happens. Make it right and move on.

Edited by Jeff Colgrove

I had the service advisor come out and look at the damage and he said he was going to take it to the body shop----the only thing is, they don't have a body shop on site....so i am hoping he isn't going to take it to the detail area and have them throw on some touch up paint. I hope he was meaning that they have a body shop they use.

Jeff Colgrove is right.

If the dealer did a walk around when the vehicle arrived and the damage was not there and noted then they will repair it, as they have offered to do. Do not freek out, minor damage sometimes occurs to vehicles durring transportation and even assembly but because it is repaired before the customer ever sees the vehicle they never know it happened.

I have seen a customer demand the dealer be held responsable for damage that occured on the lot that was proven to be caused by another customer (they admitted it). They thought the dealership should be responsable because it happened on their property, that aint how it works, try holding the mall responsable for lot damage.

And the biggest joke was that line about going to the local TV and newspaper... like they would launch an attack against a local dealer that spends hundreds of thousands of dollars advertising with them.

Jeff Colgrove is right.

If the dealer did a walk around when the vehicle arrived and the damage was not there and noted then they will repair it, as they have offered to do. Do not freek out, minor damage sometimes occurs to vehicles durring transportation and even assembly but because it is repaired before the customer ever sees the vehicle they never know it happened.

I have seen a customer demand the dealer be held responsable for damage that occured on the lot that was proven to be caused by another customer (they admitted it). They thought the dealership should be responsable because it happened on their property, that aint how it works, try holding the mall responsable for lot damage.

And the biggest joke was that line about going to the local TV and newspaper... like they would launch an attack against a local dealer that spends hundreds of thousands of dollars advertising with them.

All I want is my truck fixed, and fixed the right way. When I lived in Michigan I had excellent service---here they don't even know what they word means. I have a choice of 3 dealers:

Dealer 1: Sucks

Dealer 2: Sucks even more

Dealer 3: A Lincoln dealership that sells Toyota! (This is my dealer I will go to after they fix my truck!)

I had the service advisor come out and look at the damage and he said he was going to take it to the body shop----the only thing is, they don't have a body shop on site....so i am hoping he isn't going to take it to the detail area and have them throw on some touch up paint. I hope he was meaning that they have a body shop they use.

So Jeff Colgrove, let me see if I am reading you correctly. Are you saying that consumers that have issues at dealerships should just accept bad customer service and bad workmanship. If this is true your F'in crazy. Over the past eight years my family and I have purchased around fifteen cars at an average price of $30,000.00 a vehicle. I don't mind paying that price for a good quality car or truck but I will not, have not and am not going to accept any form of bad service or workmanship.

Let me give you an example. You take your car in the dealership to get an oil change. You come to pick-up your vehicle and find that they haven't performed all the services that were on the oil change advertisement, you go into your vehicle and find that their are oil stains on the inside of your car. Finaly, you check out the outside of your car and you come across a dent or major scrape on a door pannel.

Here is your response to this example Jeff Colgrove. Its all part of doing business. Scrapes, oil in the vehicle, and none performance of service that consumers are paying for with thier hard earned money. You the customer should just bend over take it in the ass and smile. Don't stand up for yourself just fill out their Ford Motor Company comment card with all positives. Don't worry that you just got screwed on services not being full filled or that you have oil in your vehicle or that you have a dent in your car.

Yes accidents happen, but these dealerships need to be PROACTIVE on customer service issues. You realize that dealerships should do all service work that is paid for. They have to put the little paper on the floor so that they won't get oil on the carpet. They need to have your car in an area where it has a better possibility of not getting damaged. Again, accidents happen but the good dealerships the ones that truely care about customer service and satisfaction have tools in place to prevent most of this garbage.

Lets see what crap you throw out next!!

Eric I. Wilson

Xtremesynthetic.com

I agree.

Experts say that the average person spends 150,000 in their lifetime on cars. Well I know that I will never buy another car from them again.

My truck that they scraped/dented, I bought from them. Never again though.

Support Ford Motor Company, but don't hessitate to change dealerships. Some are so large they figure they don't have to have good customer service, If you don't like their service who cares. Next customer!!

Ford needs to monitor these dealerships alot better. This is a determining factor if a customer stays with a lable or not!!

-Xtremesynthetic

I did not say any of the above. What I said was your advice was piss poor.

The Dealership should stand up for what they did if they did it, just like Ford should stand up for their product which they do not.

Your suggestions were fucking retarded.

Ford has quality issues and poor workmanship and they force the consumer to take it in the ass, and this is different?

AND you are already cranking tails for something that is not yet a problem. Use your fucking head before your mouth and fingers.

Then go back and read your post then mine and try real hard to absorb the material in an impartial thought process.

Where do you morons keep comming from? This place is like an airport with uneducated misinformed morons crash landing everywhere.

I have to say my dealership is top notch. They take good care of me, and my cars. One thing they do not do is shoot their mouthes off like this "Jeff" guy does! :rolleyes:

Besides, isn't this forum for Ford employees, and if I remember correctly.....

BFD, we don't work for Ford.
Edited by Charged92