SLAP eemployees still in GEN

craignorden

For those of us from SLAP who are still in GEN and are not taking a buyout, what does the future hold?

Can we sit in here for another contract? We are out-of-zone to everything so can't really make us transfer.

Thoughts?

Dude do you really think that they are going to keep GEN the same man you must live in a cave. for 1 thing nobady knows what will happen until the contract is redone in september of 2007 my guess is the free ride is over and if you are not willing to relocate to another plant or did not take a buyout you probably are just screwed. it has been all over the news the shape ford mo co is in do you really think they are going to continue to pay you to sit in GEN for the rest of your life so dude not going to happen. I sincerlly hope you have not MADE A VERY BAD DECISION FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY GOD BLESS AND GOOD LUCK IN OLD ST. LOUIS

Dude do you really think that they are going to keep GEN the same man you must live in a cave. for 1 thing nobady knows what will happen until the contract is redone in september of 2007 my guess is the free ride is over and if you are not willing to relocate to another plant or did not take a buyout you probably are just screwed. it has been all over the news the shape ford mo co is in do you really think they are going to continue to pay you to sit in GEN for the rest of your life so dude not going to happen. I sincerlly hope you have not MADE A VERY BAD DECISION FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY GOD BLESS AND GOOD LUCK IN OLD ST. LOUIS

DUDE, hard to read.

Craig, Were the people in SLAP GEN recently offered a transfer to KCAP. We heard you'd get another chance with these buyouts taking place.

Gettlefinger said repeatedly and is quoted in numerous publications that GEN is not going away. If he holds true to that, you can bet it will be modified though. If that's the case, I foresee the GEN protection being aligned with your seniority. People with low seniority won't have the same protections as those with higher seniority. For example, 10 years or less may only get 26 weeks of protection while those with 10-20 could have 52 weeks and those with 20+ could have 104 weeks. Just a guess on my part but it's been discussed around here.

The union is telling us here at KCAP that a NO vote on the upcoming COA is a vote to close the plant. How bogus is that? If every plant out there approves a COA, 2 plants will still close according to Ford. I don'r plan on voting for it. All this company needs is products that sell and all will be right again. Us giving up the farm won't help them any and we shouldn't have to pay for managment's bad decisions. Many won't agree with me but that's their opinion and I have mine. If the COA passes, it won't happen with my help, I'll guaranteee you that.

Good luck to all of you left in GEN.

DUDE, hard to read.

Craig, Were the people in SLAP GEN recently offered a transfer to KCAP. We heard you'd get another chance with these buyouts taking place.

Gettlefinger said repeatedly and is quoted in numerous publications that GEN is not going away. If he holds true to that, you can bet it will be modified though. If that's the case, I foresee the GEN protection being aligned with your seniority. People with low seniority won't have the same protections as those with higher seniority. For example, 10 years or less may only get 26 weeks of protection while those with 10-20 could have 52 weeks and those with 20+ could have 104 weeks. Just a guess on my part but it's been discussed around here.

The union is telling us here at KCAP that a NO vote on the upcoming COA is a vote to close the plant. How bogus is that? If every plant out there approves a COA, 2 plants will still close according to Ford. I don'r plan on voting for it. All this company needs is products that sell and all will be right again. Us giving up the farm won't help them any and we shouldn't have to pay for managment's bad decisions. Many won't agree with me but that's their opinion and I have mine. If the COA passes, it won't happen with my help, I'll guaranteee you that.

Trust me dude,you vote NO on a COA for your plant and consider it closed!!! Ford said along time ago that if a plant did not adopt new work rules that new product would not be given to that plant..Its all about competeing with the Japs now...They run their plants with COA agreement rules so Ford will too.

The good ole days are over....You give the farm away or FORD will take the farm from you and give it to someone else....With DTP starting to run 3 shifts KCAP better watch out!

DUDE, hard to read.

I'm with you twin cam.......If ford doesn need your plant they will close it, no matter what you give up.

the state and local gov. offered all those incetives for ford to stay in st. louis and we closed anyway.

hope the guys in KC don't fall for this black mail.

DUDE, hard to read.

TC,

They have not offered any transfers to us officially. Tom did say at a meeting recently that he THINKS they will once the numbers are in for the buyout. Me personally, I think they will come after Dec. 22 once you are officially bought out.

He also feels that the "in zone" issue will be resolved by elimination of "zones" into the entire US and once you are offered 3 transfer oppourtunities you will be cut loose out of GEN. He and others are submitting resolutions to eliminate zones under the pretense that it is unfair for those with less senoirity being offered jobs because they have plants in thier "zone" and others are left hanging because they do not.

Me, I bailed and am taking the buyout and am pursueing my career field as an electrician. I have several offers to consider but am waiting until after the holidays to accept, citing my contractual obligation to FoMoCo until January 1, 2007. None of these pay as much as FoMoCo unless the deal with IBEW local 1 pans out, then I will be making more after 4 years otherwise I will be in the $19.00 to $25.00 an hour range depending on the offer I accept, benefits are what I am looking at more closely.

Good luck to you all at KCAP I have only heard good things coming from those who transfered aside from those who thought it would be like SLAP. There will never be another SLAP just like there will never be another TCAP, NAP, AAP, or any other place we all once called home.

Jerry Sheragane thinks the truck side will be in trouble after 07, along with LAP, but what does he know.

God Bless and Good Luck to you all, no matter what your decision.

twin cam the coa isnt the best but ask lorain about the escape they turned down the moa and kcap got it most of the coa is workrule changes and keeping jobs till contract make the international do the dirty work not the local. is it great no but it's livable and the biggest thing is the cap program that about 300 deadbeats will go into and be steps or less and there fired no doctor excuses will be taken no bidding on jobs bo flipping there fucked unless they keep a clean record for 12 months and its about time. on st louis old shorty there chairman bulled up on ford ford put them on closure list and after that they wanted to talk to little to late.we have 1 chance. ever seen anyone from the company ask to talk to the union at the hall well the plant manager tanksley jenkins majors and a few other came ove addressed the committeman took questions stated there case never thought i would see that they looked like they were in the principals office on enemy territory. but they answered the questions stated the facts we will get the 415 and be in line for the 11 escape. this is the chance like it or not want a job for 2 years or 5 plus. product or no product 3 plants are not on the colateral list ward told us louisville ohio van and wayne that means they are not long term assets. the international fucked us when they started this coa so now its ever plant for itself especialy if your not in michigan and the international wants you . wayne is one of there babies so stand up then bull up give the international what they want a no from kansas city so they can tell ford hey they dont care but here at wayne we do give us the escape after 2010 . did they take money from your pocket no did they fuck the deadbeats yes if your trades you took a hit on area overtime but its not totally fatal. did they keep the stock jobs yes clean up yes till o7 contract make the international do the dirty work is it the best deal no but it is liveable or local did not roll over like 600 did and agree to shit and not know what they agreed to or immediately outsourcing jobs to 3rd parties. read the handout talk to you committeman go to the meeting sunday but dont bull up and give the international what they want its a damn shame when the international wants your product and does not care how they get it the start of the coa's ive read detroits and ours read them both there different night and day different has the local been hard to explain this yes but at least the local made the international do there jobs in 07 instead of doing it for them. and they fucked the non showing medical deadbeats. and by the way no records will be cleaned before this might take effect you go in with what you got you made your bed you lie in it. hoorah so dont judge before you get the facts

twin cam the coa isnt the best but ask lorain about the escape they turned down the moa and kcap got it most of the coa is workrule changes and keeping jobs till contract make the international do the dirty work not the local. is it great no but it's livable and the biggest thing is the cap program that about 300 deadbeats will go into and be steps or less and there fired no doctor excuses will be taken no bidding on jobs bo flipping there fucked unless they keep a clean record for 12 months and its about time. on st louis old shorty there chairman bulled up on ford ford put them on closure list and after that they wanted to talk to little to late.we have 1 chance. ever seen anyone from the company ask to talk to the union at the hall well the plant manager tanksley jenkins majors and a few other came ove addressed the committeman took questions stated there case never thought i would see that they looked like they were in the principals office on enemy territory. but they answered the questions stated the facts we will get the 415 and be in line for the 11 escape. this is the chance like it or not want a job for 2 years or 5 plus. product or no product 3 plants are not on the colateral list ward told us louisville ohio van and wayne that means they are not long term assets. the international fucked us when they started this coa so now its ever plant for itself especialy if your not in michigan and the international wants you . wayne is one of there babies so stand up then bull up give the international what they want a no from kansas city so they can tell ford hey they dont care but here at wayne we do give us the escape after 2010 . did they take money from your pocket no did they fuck the deadbeats yes if your trades you took a hit on area overtime but its not totally fatal. did they keep the stock jobs yes clean up yes till o7 contract make the international do the dirty work is it the best deal no but it is liveable or local did not roll over like 600 did and agree to shit and not know what they agreed to or immediately outsourcing jobs to 3rd parties. read the handout talk to you committeman go to the meeting sunday but dont bull up and give the international what they want its a damn shame when the international wants your product and does not care how they get it the start of the coa's ive read detroits and ours read them both there different night and day different has the local been hard to explain this yes but at least the local made the international do there jobs in 07 instead of doing it for them. and they fucked the non showing medical deadbeats. and by the way no records will be cleaned before this might take effect you go in with what you got you made your bed you lie in it. hoorah so dont judge before you get the facts

Well, 249 didn't give up near as much as some other plants did that's for sure. I'm going to the meeting to hear more details and ask questions. I have no problems with an attendance policy program that gets people to come to work. I haven't had an AWOL in 3+ years.

I'm not Trades so they'll have to judge that part and I'll talk to my Trades friends and get their view.

The Company is putting out alot of propaganda right now and I just can't buy ALL of it. The evidence is in the hallway downstairs with the "Ford Under Attack" display. All they have to do is bring out a few cars people REALLY want and this thing starts to turn around. Lowering some of the cost of running a plant via this COA isn't going to improve the bottom line all that much for the company. New, exciting product will. Unfortunately, I don't see anything that fits this description in the pipeline leading up to 2011.

Captain America, Great to hear from you. Thanks for the info and good luck with the new career. I'm sure you'll be quite successful. I heard that the SLAP GEN won't get transfer incentive $$$ to come this time. Any truth to that?

MHOP, going to the meeting? If so, I'll see you there.

For those of us from SLAP who are still in GEN and are not taking a buyout, what does the future hold?

Can we sit in here for another contract? We are out-of-zone to everything so can't really make us transfer.

Thoughts?

You wonder why the big two and a half are in the trouble they are in. Just like in Norfolk, everything is out of your zone. The parameters of GEN have to change in order to survive. Nobody's employment should be guarenteed if you are unwilling to transfer. Me personally, I would say you turn down two oportunities to to transfer, you lose your GEN. The packages gave you an opportunity to start a new career. DUH----Remember, CHANGE OR DIE. :doh::doh::stirpot::stirpot:

DUDE, hard to read.

Clean up people making $100,000.00 plus is killing the big 2 1/2. Toyota- no retirees and low cost clean up equal big profits. :stirpot::doh:

THIS IS LOGIC----------------->Suppose everyone takes the COA/MOA, or any other name you wanna call it; who then will close?

ANSWER---------->The plants they intended to close all along of course!!!!!

Now suppose everyone sticks together and says--------->Forget it, we aren't taking any of your blackmail and will not vote in the COA/MOA, or any other name you want to call it; who will close?

ANSWER--------->Again, why the plants they intended to close all along of course!!!!!!!

So Ford uses the hammer with those most likely to close; they vote it in, then the rest of the plants perceive they are now on the bubble and follow suit. BRILLIANT tactical move on Fords part, don't you think!

So then, how can we stop this from taking place?

The only way anyone is going to stand together, is if they KNOW they actually have a place to go should their facility close...............and that is only IF they are willing to relocate, which certainly is not a given.

The point is-------------->while we are all angry and upset about these prospects coming, it is not Ford whos' feet should be held to the fire here. They could not offer such a deal to locals without the tacit approval of the UAW International.

Remember, YOU are not the ones negotiating these deals with Ford, you are only voting on them..............and who can blame you regardless of which way you vote, yes/no? Rather, you SHOULD be asking the hard question, of why another local even HAS the opportunity to attempt to change your status through undercutting you. Is that the way a union works????????

It appears to me that the International does not have the gonads to change our work rules to COA as everyone would be highly pissed with such a non forced agreement. Therefore, they instead allow this to happen, so as when any particular plant, local, or group complains, they can always fall back on, "hey, your plant voted for it, so don't blame us."

All this is just a perfect example of politics at work. "Don't blame us, you voted for it," will be the refrain from the leaders, instead of, "we failed to unionize our competition cause we were having fun at our coventions through the years, so you gotta take this deal cause we were fat, dumb, and happy;" and those with low IQs will buy it, lock, stock, and barrel.

If I was staying, I would fight to figure out a way to allow everyones lives who are affected by the Internationals doings; or lack of doings, to at least have the unalienable right to vote for them, yay, or nay!!!!!

This is how your congressmen are removed, your senators, even the United States president when they pull something like this; putting the blame on the constituents for screwing themselves.

Isn't it amazing you have the right to vote for the leaders of the most powerful country in the world, and yet you do not have the same right to vote for the leaders of a union????? Guess they think you are to dumb to know whats best for ya, so they gonna not only tell ya what is, but make it happen; not to mention: in the process should it fail, spin it politically so it ends up being your fault to boot!!!!

Edited by Imawhosure

Ima I agree with your post except that they are using the plants LEAST likely to close first. With local 600 (Dearborn) having the F-series and local 249 (KC) also with the F-series I think they are using the bread and butter plants to weaken the lesser plants. With NAP slowing to a close these 2 are the a big part of Ford's cash cow even today.

You wonder why the big two and a half are in the trouble they are in. Just like in Norfolk, everything is out of your zone. The parameters of GEN have to change in order to survive. Nobody's employment should be guarenteed if you are unwilling to transfer. Me personally, I would say you turn down two oportunities to to transfer, you lose your GEN. The packages gave you an opportunity to start a new career. DUH----Remember, CHANGE OR DIE. :doh::doh::stirpot::stirpot:

Clean up people making $100,000.00 plus is killing the big 2 1/2. Toyota- no retirees and low cost clean up equal big profits. :stirpot::doh:

YOU!!!!! are another TYPICAL fucken JAP ASS-KISSER MOTHER FUCKER!!!! you rather be on your knee, suck off the JAP dicks so you can bring home the bacon to your family? you have no fucken shame.