KCAP Trades Info

SLAP SPARKIE

no maybee 7 tradseman if the go had 100 plus sign up that does not mean they will go rumor is no replacing on the trades still have to many will cut down to minnimum number and then cover shortages with overtime plus that does not count the apprentices on course 20 or so that when they turn out they will fill slots.

no maybee 7 tradseman if the go had 100 plus sign up that does not mean they will go rumor is no replacing on the trades still have to many will cut down to minnimum number and then cover shortages with overtime plus that does not count the apprentices on course 20 or so that when they turn out they will fill slots.

I take it from a repy like that , that you amy be one of the apprentices.LOL

Does anyone from KCAP have any info on tradesmen that are leaving. The rumors are running rampant. Were hearing over 100 leaving in Febuary.

We had 67 electricians sign up for the buyout with 4 leaving in Jan. since I have been fortunate enough to be of the first 4 I cannot verify any numbers other thwn I for sure know of 1 who made Feb. I hope this helps, you are mostly interested in electrician's right?

Were interested in all trades. We cant seem to get any info but that was expected. No one knows anything.

We had 67 electricians sign up for the buyout with 4 leaving in Jan. since I have been fortunate enough to be of the first 4 I cannot verify any numbers other thwn I for sure know of 1 who made Feb. I hope this helps, you are mostly interested in electrician's right?

Sorry. Should have been more specific. No flowbacks for trades except electricians. Trades have back filled some from their own GEN.

Our GEN MW's just went in GEN in Sept-Oct. If this isnt a flowback I dont know what it is. Woodhaven just GEN'd bunch of MW's and they were on the same list to be considered. Just so happened this MW had top sen. with '88 or '89. When Valeo takes over here and more of us get GEN'd, some will end up in Ford plants. Whether thru GEN or outright voluntary flowback.....call it whatever you want but for ACHers its more than welcome.

Our GEN MW's just went in GEN in Sept-Oct. If this isnt a flowback I dont know what it is. Woodhaven just GEN'd bunch of MW's and they were on the same list to be considered. Just so happened this MW had top sen. with '88 or '89. When Valeo takes over here and more of us get GEN'd, some will end up in Ford plants. Whether thru GEN or outright voluntary flowback.....call it whatever you want but for ACHers its more than welcome.

I have been reading these skilled posts and the only trades I have seen flowback to a new location have been Electricians. Are you saying a M/W was in Woodhaven GEN then picked up at Brownstown? If true this is the first trade other than Electricians to flow to a new location........Please respond

I have been reading these skilled posts and the only trades I have seen flowback to a new location have been Electricians. Are you saying a M/W was in Woodhaven GEN then picked up at Brownstown? If true this is the first trade other than Electricians to flow to a new location........Please respond

I repeat , s l o w l y .......Sheldon Road Plant (ACH), plant chair confirmed that one of our GENers was one of 15 MW's in GEN. This included some Woodhaven MW's. Our MW was offered Brownstown......not the Woodhaven guy. Our guy has 1988 or 1989 seniority. PC doesnt know if he accepted the offer . I repeat he was a Millwright. Electricians may be the main meal but they are not the only thing on the menu.

I repeat , s l o w l y .......Sheldon Road Plant (ACH), plant chair confirmed that one of our GENers was one of 15 MW's in GEN. This included some Woodhaven MW's. Our MW was offered Brownstown......not the Woodhaven guy. Our guy has 1988 or 1989 seniority. PC doesnt know if he accepted the offer . I repeat he was a Millwright. Electricians may be the main meal but they are not the only thing on the menu.

Not trying to knock anyones hopes of returning to Ford (ACH or a closed facility). Just stating what I have been seeing. I have forcast in past posts "Electricians will flow other trades will be very scarce". I was very surprised to see any location picking up other trades. I truly hope all trades get placed as quickly as possible.

. I have forcast in past posts "Electricians will flow other trades will be very scarce".

Just found out today that the MW from SRP turned down going to Browstown.Don't know who may be next on the list.

By the way dont want to sound shitty but are your Forecasts, from inside info or are you just gaming us. Most of us can see from the get go that EL are pretty secure and the rest of us are too starved of useful info to see where we may land.

Just found out today that the MW from SRP turned down going to Browstown.Don't know who may be next on the list.

By the way dont want to sound shitty but are your Forecasts, from inside info or are you just gaming us. Most of us can see from the get go that EL are pretty secure and the rest of us are too starved of useful info to see where we may land.

Neither.....Just what i have been reading in the posts. Its been 2 months since the closed window period and have not seen any posts of other trades going to new locations.

Neither.....Just what i have been reading in the posts. Its been 2 months since the closed window period and have not seen any posts of other trades going to new locations.

Here at CAP we haven't seen any indication that our trades will be replaced. We had 53 millwrights at one time and now it looks like we will have 35 after the buyouts are completed. The rumor mill says central engineering will get by with only two with the rest covering three shifts in three departments. Welders will stay but the tinners are supposedly to move into the millwright trade. It will be interesting to see what happens here before September.

I'd like to know how somebody can just be moved into a trade, when it takes a 4 year apprenticeship to become one.

I would like to know that myself! There has been quite an uproar about seniority issues and multitrade issues. We had powerhouse engineers in limbo for a while until they created an HVAC classification and they are currently enrolled in school as apprentices!

I would like to know that myself! There has been quite an uproar about seniority issues and multitrade issues. We had powerhouse engineers in limbo for a while until they created an HVAC classification and they are currently enrolled in school as apprentices!

The Ford world is upside down....................there is a veteran HVAC Tradesman now working Production because the plant he was transferred to does not have the HVAC classification. A good guy doing what it takes for his family.