LAST '07 PRODUCTION?

Dave M.

Greetings all. I wish to order an '07 GT convertible, but want the latest possible delivery time (I just know my investments will improve before then!!). I know last year they stopped taking orders in late February...but my sales person is thinking mid-June this year. I find that hard to believe...does anyone know for sure?

Also, an ideas on creature-comfort changes for '08, i.e. like the offering of Sirius, heated seats, mirror compass this year?

Thanks!

Greetings all. I wish to order an '07 GT convertible, but want the latest possible delivery time (I just know my investments will improve before then!!). I know last year they stopped taking orders in late February...but my sales person is thinking mid-June this year. I find that hard to believe...does anyone know for sure?

Also, an ideas on creature-comfort changes for '08, i.e. like the offering of Sirius, heated seats, mirror compass this year?

Thanks!

I thought Sirius was now an option already on the '07? I believe I heard something about heated seats becoming available soon as well. The '08 may also be getting Synch and stability control.

June does sound a little late to be ordering an '07 though.

Thanks!

MUSTANG FINAL ORDER RECEIPT DATES & START-UP DATES

2007 MODEL YEAR

2007 MODEL YEAR Final Order Due Date 05/11/2007

Last Day to Spec Change/Cancel 05/04/2007

2007 MOdel Year Job Last Date TBD

2008 MODEL YEAR

2008 MODEL YEAR Order Bank Opens 04/16/2007

2008 MODEL YEAR Scheduling Begins 05/17/2007

2008 MODEL YEAR JOB #1 DATE 06/25/2007

NOTE: All dates are subject to change. Vehicle lines and/or options may balance out earlier than reflected due to high demand and/or commodity shortage.

FYI... Sirius radio, heated seats & mirror compass are currently available.

Thanks!

Sorry I didn't make it clear....I was using the Sirius, heated seats, etc comparison showing the changes 2006>2007. Anything good like aux audio controls or anything coming?

Sorry I didn't make it clear....I was using the Sirius, heated seats, etc comparison showing the changes 2006>2007. Anything good like aux audio controls or anything coming?

No problem Dave! Per usual, Ford keeps pretty quiet on changes to models and the dealers usually hear about a lot of the upcoming changes through the automotive press like everyone else. Officially, Ford doesn't tell the dealers anything until the actual order guides are published. I'll try to get in touch with our Ford Zone Manager next week to see if he's either heard anything yet or can find out. Our Ford Zone Manager is very good and we have a lot of contact with him.

I'll post this as a follow-up to the information I posted earlier regarding the 2007 Mustang "Balance Out" & 2008 Mustang "Start Up" dates. As referenced in the schedule is the note about models and/or options and commodities that may balance out early. If you're looking to order late in the model year, I strongly recommend that you do not wait until the last minute. The more options or short supply commoditiesthat your vehicle has, the higher the risk that it won't get built because options or commodities have balanced out early.

For example... the 18" wheels have always been a controlled commodity with limited availability. Ford knows but doesn't tell us how many vehicles they'll build with the 18" wheels based on their agreement with the wheel manufacturer and the manufacturer's production capacity. So, hypothetically, if Ford were to change the 18" wheels on the 2008 Mustang GT's they could easily run out of the 2007 18" wheels well before "balance out" occurs.

Also, talk to your Dealer and find out what their average monthly Mustang GT allocation is like and how much of that allocation is usually filled by "Retail" orders for customers like yourself. Also, keep in mind that allocation is set a month before the production month... for May production allocation will be set in early April... and very often the final allocation going into "Balance Out" is set even earlier. It's possible that the April "Wholesale" (allocation) meeting could be the "Balance Out" wholesale/allocation meeting with the Dealer's Ford Rep that will cover May & June production.

As a side note, Ford has not posted a final production date for the 2007 Mustang, only a Job #1 date for the 2008 Mustang. It probably means nothing, as we already expect the next generation Mustang in a couple of years, but in years where there are only minor changes from one model year to another (2005 > 2006, 2006 > 2007) the model changeover at the plant is usually done over the weekend prior. Again, it probably means nothing and Ford isn't releasing a final production date for 2007 to hedge their bet on commodities balancing out early or some other reason.

I hope that this helps anyone that may want a late production 2007 model. I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on an outstanding Mustang driving experience!

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering about production dates too because I'm trying to decide on an '07 or '08. I'd also like to know if there's going to be anything new for '08 especially, colors, and if the GT/CS pkg will be around. I'd like to know if there will be any colors added for that pkg. If I do order an '07 though, how much time would I have either to change something in the order or to cancel?