07 Expedition Exhuast

ELlover

I just got back from getting the new muffler on the EL and all I can say is WOW. I have never heard a Ford sound this good with just a muffler except the mustang gt. Our F-150 has the flowmaster and it only sounds good at start up and take off. This thing gets real loud and has an awesome deep powerful sound. Even on the freeways you can hear it. If you are someone who doesnt like noise I wouldnt get this, but if you like the deep powerful sound I would get it!!! I already had some heads turn when I took off at each light, I never expected it to sound this good. :happy feet:

Wow

After all the expense Ford went through making this the quietest Expy yet why would yoy make it louder?

Noise doesn't mean H.P.

I'd rather have people look because of styling (etc.) not because it makes a racket or is noisy.

Even if you gain a little H.P. I still can't see undoing the efforts that they went through to quiet the ride.

PLEASE no Flaming, just my opinion having been owing one and appreciating the quiet ride.

Bob

Wow

After all the expense Ford went through making this the quietest Expy yet why would yoy make it louder?

Noise doesn't mean H.P.

I'd rather have people look because of styling (etc.) not because it makes a racket or is noisy.

Even if you gain a little H.P. I still can't see undoing the efforts that they went through to quiet the ride.

PLEASE no Flaming, just my opinion having been owing one and appreciating the quiet ride.

Bob

Different Strokes for Different Folks.

Wow

Noise doesn't mean H.P.

Bob

Maybe its the age difference but I love it. And Ford did go out of there way to make this quiet but I do remember reading that they did make it a point to make the exhuast louder. Also the flowmaster allows your car to breath better which in turn gives you better gas mileage. Maybe 1 or 2 MPG but thats fine with me.

Also I have children I will never get the quietness that some get in theirs. The sound that comes from my muffler is by far not a racket, nor is it anything like a rice rocket. It sounds like a SUV with power. I am very into cars and cars with loud exhaust sounds.

But you know to each their own. You may not like it, but thats doesnt mean I am the same.

I have a flowmaster on my Explorer. I love the way it sounds. When I step on the gas, it reminds me of my old Mustang GT.

Yes reminds me of my old GT as well as the old V8 T-bird we had.

Now I cant wait till we get out 69 mustang that we are getting to rebuild with our kids. That is gonna sound NICE... :drool:

Wow

Noise doesn't mean H.P.

Bob

i agree bob, the exhaust noise is a big turnoff for me on the yukon denali s and escalade... that s why i think i m heading back towards a navigator...had 3 , last being an 03 which was the best of them.

i agree bob, the exhaust noise is a big turnoff for me on the yukon denali s and escalade... that s why i think i m heading back towards a navigator...had 3 , last being an 03 which was the best of them.

I'll have to agree with the Denali's exhaust, my dad has one with the 380 hp engine. It sounds like a racecar when he takes off or passes, all factory exhaust. I wish Ford had a little better exhaust note, but not as agressive as GM's.

Dan

I just got back from getting the new muffler on the EL and all I can say is WOW. I have never heard a Ford sound this good with just a muffler except the mustang gt. Our F-150 has the flowmaster and it only sounds good at start up and take off. This thing gets real loud and has an awesome deep powerful sound. Even on the freeways you can hear it. If you are someone who doesnt like noise I wouldnt get this, but if you like the deep powerful sound I would get it!!! I already had some heads turn when I took off at each light, I never expected it to sound this good. :happy feet:

Hey Tiff:

Sounds like you got that EL humming. Maybe you can make an audio tape and post it so we can hear it. Did you get your windows tinted yet.

Mike

Hey Tiff:

Sounds like you got that EL humming. Maybe you can make an audio tape and post it so we can hear it. Did you get your windows tinted yet.

Mike

Hi Mike,

No tint yet, but will be this week. Cant be to pushy its getting done as a favor. Its nice having my husband manage a dealership. :happy feet: As soon as I get my new camera this week I will do a audio video for you so you can see the tint and hear the sound!

I just ordered a 2007 Expedition Limited (Black) to replace my 05 expy that's going back (lease is up in a month).

Anyhow, I'm thinking about doing a cat-back or muffler upgrade on the 07 this time around. However, I'm looking for something a little more agressive, but not flowmaster loud. Having owned several mustangs (all modified - superchargers, heads/cam/intake, etc xpipes, flowmasters, etc) I'm past that phase and noise level, haha. I don' t need people hearing me coming from a 1/8th mile away.

Anyone have a recommendation for a muffler or catback that is a little louder than stock, but not obnoxious? A few years back I had a borla cat-back on a V8 explorer that sounded great - little louder than stock but had a great tone to it. Can't remember the part number tho...

Oh, and the only other requirement would be an exhaust setup that doesn't have that flowmaster "drone" @ 1500-2000 rpm. Wasn't a big deal on the mustangs because I could just down shift out of it, but with an auto, you're kind of stuck.

Suggestions?

thanks

d

I just ordered a 2007 Expedition Limited (Black) to replace my 05 expy that's going back (lease is up in a month).

Anyhow, I'm thinking about doing a cat-back or muffler upgrade on the 07 this time around. However, I'm looking for something a little more agressive, but not flowmaster loud. Having owned several mustangs (all modified - superchargers, heads/cam/intake, etc xpipes, flowmasters, etc) I'm past that phase and noise level, haha. I don' t need people hearing me coming from a 1/8th mile away.

Anyone have a recommendation for a muffler or catback that is a little louder than stock, but not obnoxious? A few years back I had a borla cat-back on a V8 explorer that sounded great - little louder than stock but had a great tone to it. Can't remember the part number tho...

Oh, and the only other requirement would be an exhaust setup that doesn't have that flowmaster "drone" @ 1500-2000 rpm. Wasn't a big deal on the mustangs because I could just down shift out of it, but with an auto, you're kind of stuck.

Suggestions?

thanks

d

The cat back would probably be just enough. The flow made mine very aggresive but thats what I like. The 07 already have a nice exhaust tone to it so the cat back might just be what you are looking for. Good luck, you will have to send some pictures.

I have a flowmaster on my Explorer. I love the way it sounds. When I step on the gas, it reminds me of my old Mustang GT.

I put the Gibson exhaust on my 04 Explorer V8 last year, and it sounds great. The guys that I carpool with always jokingly comment on how I am the only person with an Explorer that sounds like a Mustang GT. I bet a aftermarket exhaust sounds good on these new Expeditions too. I was looking at the 07 Expedition at the Louisville Auto Show a couple of days ago, and just wish I could afford to get one right now. Maybe by the time the 6.2L V8 or Diesel comes out, I'll be in a better position to move up. I'd have to say it is my favorite SUV on the market right now.

Edited by KWMJ-KTP

• 3 months later...

To the original poster, what exactly did you do to your exhaust? I've been planning on an exhaust for my wifes 07 also. I just had the windows tinted, I removed her luggage racks, and now I have a billet grille, trailer hitch cover, and new 22" wheels and tires ordered. Should look sweet when I'm done!

Magnaflow just released a cat back exhaust for both the regular and the el! I read very good things about this company and the exhaust tones a deep and not too loud! They both msrp for around 730.00 but i found some companies that sell magnaflow that were asking around 550 shipped! Anyone have any experience with these?

Link to 2007 Ford Expedition

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd...cks&id=1161

Lint to 2007 Ford Expedition EL

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd...cks&id=1313

This one is asking 545 shipped!

http://www.bestmagnaflowsource.com/default.aspx