Toyota would consider partnership with Ford

I sure hope Ford doesn't start buying steering columns from Toyota. Now there's a disaster. Course, the public would see failing Ford parts and not care if it was Toyota who actually made them.

I'd rather Ford went elsewhere, or keep the parts to a minimum. Parts that won't be "major" to the car.

If Ford partners with toyota I'll never buy a ford again...I'm sure some people won't understand, but I despise toyota.

Although I probably despise Toyota more than you, I can't ignore all the positive sides for a partnership or alliance between Toyota and Ford. Just imagine the good press and warmth from Wall Street. That alone could save Ford billions in speeding its return to health IMHO...

Judging from the previous meeting, this would likely center on hybrids/alternate fuel technology.

This may be a reaction to the hybrid tech being co-developed by GM, BMW, and DCX...even Toyota can't match three companies' R&D efforts by itself.

Interesting...

This could be an interesting partnership if it is limited to high-tech powertrain development. Let Toyota do the brunt of R&D for hybrid programs and let Ford focus on the hydrogen and diesel aspect of things where they appear to have more expertise. It would greatly benefit both companies.