Go Tundra Go!

Hydro

Toyotas now. Ive done Ford, DCX, Toyota, plus worked at a tranny shop, a goodyear and an independent garage over the past 20 yrs or so. Toyotas are good to work on-not too much electrical problems or air and water leaks. They do have warranty and recalls but they pay pretty good. Plus theyre easy to work on. Ive always had good luck with ones Ive owned too. I OWN personally a Subaru outback, an 88 Mustang GT, a 97 Mazda Protege and the aforementioned GMC truck. They are all good vehicles.

Just can't hold a steady job, Huh?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I can hold a job-now that I work on a car line thats not going down the tubes. Where you actuall get paid for what you do-not getting six tenths of an hour for a job that takes 2 hours. I know that you consumers could give a crap but thats what it is. Most of you wouldnt understand. When you cant sell cars you must resort to other means like closing plants and dealers and laying off 40000 workers. Funny I dont hear anything like that from Toyota. I can attest to the fact they are selling TONS of vehicles.

What do you do Kokomo? Which fine establishment do you work for-McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell? Sit in your room in your Mom and Dads basement all day? Or do you manufacture those fine Ford autos and get paid 40 bucks an hour while the poor bastard of a tech gets 18 an hour non union flat rate to fix your screwups?

What do you do Kokomo? Which fine establishment do you work for-McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell? Sit in your room in your Mom and Dads basement all day? Or do you manufacture those fine Ford autos and get paid 40 bucks an hour while the poor bastard of a tech gets 18 an hour non union flat rate to fix your screwups?

Well as a matter of fact I'm retired from Ford and working at Delphi, and I did at one time turn wrenches for a living. yes it is a bitch of a job, but I was smart enough to do something else instead of pi** & moan about it.

As someone who owned, and worked in, our auto repair and towing business....................... for 9 years................. tommyboy, you are full of it.

If you are truly as "worldly" as you like to make yourself out to be, you would know that cars/trucks is cars/trucks. They all need maintenance, and they will all need to be repaired at one time or another. When you work on vehicles for a living, you see that some are lemons, or not great................ and some last forever, with next to no care. It is the way it is. I don't care whos badge is on the front.

If you are not smart enough to realize that, as a mechanic, you will always see the worst examples, then I don't see what anyone can do to help you. However, as you have pretty much qualified yourself as a disgruntled ex employee................... well then, I guess that explains all. It has nothing to do with reality, and everything to do with revenge. How very sad.

PS, please tell all which Toyota dealership you work at, so we can avoid it like the plague.