Employee Discounts?

goingcrazy

I work at STAP, and here in canada when i phoned dell they told me I have to get a certain number from labour relations at the plant(kind of like an employee discount number). I called labour relations and after searching different ford web sites they found the number and I got a discount for a relative. I think it's only like 5% but hey that's better then nothing. I hope this helps.

Try here. http://employees.ford.com//index.cfm

If you get the "The page cannot be displayed" go to here https://www.axz.ford.com/axzweb/home.do

register if your not already. once into the site click on log out and then go to http://employees.ford.com//index.cfm

the sign in process got all messed up when Ford changed it.

once inside the employee network look for the "channels" on the left hand side and click on discount market place. It will give you web links to most of the companies that give discounts to Ford employees, including Dell.

Edited by DearbornDerek

I have heard that as a Ford employee we get dicounts at various places, one of which being on a Dell Computer? Can anyone tell me how I would go about getting the discount there???

Thank you...

Check out dealnews.com or slickdeals.net. You can usually find better deals on Dell and a lot of other things at these sites

Why would you want a Dell? Unless all your looking for is cheap, and dont care if it breaks all the time. Both my current wife and my x-wife bought Dells around 1 yr. old both of them had power supplys go out. Around $60 to replace on your own. This was both in the last year. Now I have owned 5 or 6 PC's and have never had a power supply or anything else go wrong with my computers, outside of a virus that I downloaded. If you do get a Dell, dont get the printer, its a lexmark brand (another cheap product) but the only place you can get ink cartridges from is Dell, no store sells them.

Good Luck

Why would you want a Dell? Unless all your looking for is cheap, and dont care if it breaks all the time. Both my current wife and my x-wife bought Dells around 1 yr. old both of them had power supplys go out. Around $60 to replace on your own. This was both in the last year. Now I have owned 5 or 6 PC's and have never had a power supply or anything else go wrong with my computers, outside of a virus that I downloaded. If you do get a Dell, dont get the printer, its a lexmark brand (another cheap product) but the only place you can get ink cartridges from is Dell, no store sells them.

Good Luck

I've bought 2 hps' and a dell using the ford discount and it's the best deal out there 99% of the time. I recommend always buying the extended warranty(a lot of the discounts are applied to them). I haven't had to make a claim yet, and HP refunded the rest of my warranty when I reported to them my computer was stolen. I would comparison shop every day for a month(prices and packages change constantly) and get a good idea of what you want and the best price you will see. At first HP was the best deal(avg 500 dollars cheaper than same config) but Dell has become the better deal as of late.

Edited by chkchka