Scale Models

Do you build models? Diecasts are cool (I have a few as well) but I prefer to build them .

Im working on a plastic 1/16th 64.5 Mustang Coupe right now. You have to do something during the winter months.

Shitty part is I have to wait til spring to paint the body. :(

It will look just like this when Im done. Wheels and all. I dunno If I want to do the cowl hood though.

Listing220-slot1.jpg

Edited by wildosvt

Do you build models? Diecasts are cool (I have a few as well) but I prefer to build them .

Im working on a plastic 1/16th 64.5 Mustang Coupe right now. You have to do something during the winter months.

Shitty part is I have to wait til spring to paint the body. :(

It will look just like this when Im done. Wheels and all. I dunno If I want to do the cowl hood though.

Listing220-slot1.jpg

I used to build plastic models all the time, but I got busy with life and recently I have been getting a hankering to build them again ever since the rerelease of some of my favorite models, like the 1973 Cougar. That might give me something else to do besides sit here and post on a rainy day.

I still have a lot of models that I painted, detailed and built. Almost all of them are in storage at the moment. Two if my favorites are sitting right here next to me. A 1996 Mustang SVT Cobra Convertible painted laser red to match the 1994 Mustang Convertible I used to have..

And a 1966 Shelby GT 500R painted a teal green with 1994 Mustang GT 16" tri-spoke wheels on it. It has no bumpers, a roll cage with a fire extinguisher, a pebble gray interior with woodtone dash accents and white gauges, cool chromed side exit exhausts with red glasspacks, yellow Delco-Bilstien rear shocks. Looking at this model in scale I just love the original Mustang's authenic crisp clean lines.

I also have a 1966 Tbird convertible painted teal green, with pebble gray interior and hard top, and the same woodgrain and white gauges. Oh yeah and I used the kit's custom rectangular aero headlamps.

I also did a custom 1992 Tbird using the same year Cougar kit and swapped the hood, bumpers, wheels and taillamps to create a notchback Tbird. I did the reverse with the Cougar by sticking the Cougar parts on a Tbird body. I think the Cougar looks great as a fastback!

I remember a long time ago I loved building the gigantic 1982 Camaro Z28. That car was the shit back then. Now it is just shit.