Wizard/Anyone with info-Auto Alliance/buyouts

shvworker

:shrug: Hi Wizard or anyone who may have helpful information:

Absenteeism is so bad at AAI that Mazda may not put in another car after 2008 and Ford has not pledged to keep the Mustang in the plant beyond 2008 either. Absenteeism is so bad that it dragged down quality and brought in tpt's on a weekly basis. Is there any chance buyouts are coming to our plant too? Would it be a limited number or company wide by seniority? Also our building is on a lease which is not good news either.. Any info?? Thanks :shrug: :titanic: :doh:

It would be nice if they just fire the slugs in all the plants, might even take care of the problem shedding 30,000 employees but unfortunately the UAW & FORD have not done much to go after those workers. It could be different after the new contract next year. I noticed most of the good workers want to leave, and the lazy slugs rather stay and keep bringing the company down. I try to tell all the low seniority to take advantage of the current ETAP funds but many are not interested or feel they do not want to give some of their life up going to school and work the same time. :shrug:

Hello wizard,

I have to say that my wife has been following your advice and comments for many months now. I am a worker at AAI and I am wondering if you have any idea what is going to happen here. She had been telling me for years to prepare myself for the worst, but me being me I haven't listened. Talks have been flying around the plant about the buyouts, and I am wondering what I should do..Here in Michigan there is no work, so it isn't like ten years ago where you could get employment within a few weeks. The idea of moving out of state has been bouncing around in our heads for awhile, but I have a father that is ill and lives close to me now..It makes the decision very hard..I have a wife that is ill, and her health issues can eat up the money within months if I don't have health benefits..She is so stressed because I wasn't a better husband and prepare things like she has asked all along. I hate watching her not able to sleep at night or breakdown in tears because of my poor choices. The rumor of Ford filing for bankruptcy protection is another one that is flying around the plant..Any insight of what might be coming our way would be greatly appreciated, so I know what decision needs to be made for my family..I don't complain about the work, the pay, or even concessions that need to be made, because I am just grateful I am still getting a paycheck..Thank you for all of your inside wisdom that you have conveyed to us at the plants, because we wouldn't know the truth about anything if it wasn't for you. :shrug:

Instead of offering buyouts, why not just enforce the absenteeism rules and fire them. :shrug:

I have heard talk about his topic that some plants are doing exactly that. But like I said, it could be just that....talk. :blah: :blah: But then again, maybe not. Anyone got any info on this? :shrug:

I've heard these rumours as well. Especially the Mazda pullout due to the quality issues and the money Mazda lost last year (88 million $ as mentioned in the townhall meeting last week). We were told that AAI leads all North American Ford plants in absenteeism and restrictions. What a great distinction. Also heard we have about 440 people we need to shed.

Who knows what to expect anymore...plan for the worst and hope for the best.