More Freestar/Freestyle Name Bungling

What's Hot and What's Not in 2007 - Lansing State Journal

Hot

» Alternative fuels. It's not just about gas-electric hybrids like the Toyota Prius. General Motors is making more cars that run on E-85 (15 percent gasoline and 85 percent ethanol), a renewable fuel made from corn. GM also announced plans to make so-called "plug-in" hybrids that can rely almost exclusively on electricity and use gasoline as an emergency backup.

* Then there's diesel. Once considered a sooty poor cousin of gasoline, it now powers half the cars in Europe. Diesel engines achieve 20 percent to 40 percent more fuel efficiency than gasoline.

Not

» The minivan. The family car of the 1980s, became a punch line in the 1995 movie "Get Shorty." Now they're headed for the scrap heap. This past fall, Ford announced plans to stop making the Freestyle. And General Motors is converting its minivan assembly lines to manufacture so-called crossover SUVs. Not everyone has given up on the segment: DaimlerChrysler unveiled new versions of the Dodge Caravan and the Chrysler Town & Country at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit earlier this month.

Wow Ford. Your marketing department sure did its research with this one. :hysterical:

That's not so bad. I don't recall the site's name right now, but in the mail section someone was asking for advice on the MKZ ("Should I buy it or not?") and got a reply talking about the MKX ("Shop around, but it doesn't have a third row yadda yadda").

I can't believe the industry is full of people like that... and getting paid.