Phil Michelson

The last two weeks I noticed Phil not wearing his shirts that have the Big Ford emblem on the front, it's Callaway. Even in the Golf Digest magazine he wasn't wearing the oval. Could Ford not afford him anymore or was this cutback to fund a NHRA ford engine that will never be accepted? I'm sure golf has millions of viewers every weekend and the golf world loves following him. Tiger is so involved with Buick it's scary. Ford or Lincoln need to get with Howell or some other young buck and stay with him.

The last two weeks I noticed Phil not wearing his shirts that have the Big Ford emblem on the front, it's Callaway. Even in the Golf Digest magazine he wasn't wearing the oval. Could Ford not afford him anymore or was this cutback to fund a NHRA ford engine that will never be accepted? I'm sure golf has millions of viewers every weekend and the golf world loves following him. Tiger is so involved with Buick it's scary. Ford or Lincoln need to get with Howell or some other young buck and stay with him.

They dropped him. They said he did not fit with the image ford wanted to convey.

They dropped him. They said he did not fit with the image ford wanted to convey.

I had read the same thing.....sometime last year they started looking at their relationship with the pga tour in general. It is obvious not their target market.....maybe lincoln's.

Besides I hear he is not the person who everyone believes he is. Have talked to numerous people who know him-one from a marketing company that works with Mickelson and Ford-said he is not polite or pleasant while doing corporate outings. Also heard from a freind who is around the tour and they say he is one of the more disliked person's on the tour.

That is why you see them in bull riding and other more blue collar sports.

I had read the same thing.....sometime last year they started looking at their relationship with the pga tour in general. It is obvious not their target market.....maybe lincoln's.

Besides I hear he is not the person who everyone believes he is. Have talked to numerous people who know him-one from a marketing company that works with Mickelson and Ford-said he is not polite or pleasant while doing corporate outings. Also heard from a freind who is around the tour and they say he is one of the more disliked person's on the tour.

That is why you see them in bull riding and other more blue collar sports.

I felt kind of bad for Phil when he had his "Tin Cup" moment last year. Tiger usually gets all the press in PGA Golf anyway. IIRC Tiger won the Ford GT in a tournement and gave it to his caddy since his deal with Buick wouldn't let him keep it. Golf was traditionally the sponsorship playground for Chrysler/Buick and the higher end imports. No loss for Ford to go elsewhere.