Mulally is listening to us....

I guess I'm one of them that doesn't have issues with Microsoft. Never had a blue window of death as many others have had, really no issues and it's pretty easy to tweak the system overall.

Windows XP is, while cumbersome, at least fairly reliable and fairly secure. My disgust for Microsoft stems from two things: 1) programming around bizarre Internet Explorer quirks and 2) The years of my life I wasted supporting their abysmal 'plug-n-play' and network support in Windows 95-ME, while working at Gateway. OTOH, I've always thought Office was one of the best product suites out there (except Access which does not work like any other database in existence).

But anyway........

Most of a car is recycled anyway, these days. I've seen the numbers, they're rather astonishing, given what you might expect. Practically all the metal in your typical car will be recycled, as will a good chunk of the plastics. Contact your local junkyard for details.

That was my point...

When Ford introduced the Capri in 1969 it was the Audi TT of it's day, but with thousands more Motorsports wins under it's belt than an Audi TT could only ever dream of. It was Fords Europe’s most successful car on the racetrack ever, making BMW CSL's and Porsche 911's look second rate on the European Touring Car racing circuits in the early seventies. Capri's were up against Europe’s best handling cars and beat the lot just have a look how at well handled on the racetrack. It's a shame Ford marketing at the time never used it's good record all that much, just stood by and let everybody else slag it off and put it down "Dagenham Dustbin" it was a bit of Merseyside Magic made in Hailwood or German Geniuses quality made in Cologne, what was that all about. The Capri was a love/hated car as it trod on so many toes, other car manufactures hated it because the sale's graphs of their sports cars were hitting the floor for more than a decade with no sales, even Ford stopped selling it in the States as the 500,000 sold there started to eat into the Mustang sales a bit. and it also put a few noses out of joint in the Motor sports world.

http://www.fiatouringcars.com/2k4/?callpag...s/track0003.asp

Ford gave the Capri two cosmetic make-overs, and with very little investment making it the Cinderella of the Ford range, come 1985 it's Horse and Cart suspension & handling was the only sports car in the market with these shoes, so for the last two years of its life it was made only in Germany, and sold only in the UK. No car would ever survive being sold only in one country. It died in 1987. Ford sold three flops the Probe, Puma and Cougar. British Ford Capri owners that were left with Capri's in 1987 either hung on to the Capri they or deserted Ford sports car brand forever, l personally would never buy the Probe or the Puma as they didn’t appeal to me in any shape or form, l do think Ford will always have a problem selling any sports car in the UK as it will all never match up to the Capri we loved to bits, a Focus shape with a token bonnet bulge and hockey stick pressed into the body panel will just not do. Ford sports cars are something that just won't well in the UK, only a RHD Mustang would break this trend, but it's big engines would be a bit of a no. We nearly pay near on $10 a gallon in the UK , 80% of this is a Fuel Tax for the British Government. May be a smaller hybrid engine would work in the Mustang for European market place, as we are about to get some very tough emissions targets to meet under European Union legislation in the near future, using the Mustang would save on having to design a new Capri.

Most Capri owners that have spoken to want the same Capri with new shoes, it's just not going to happen. l would like Ford to prove them wrong by bring out something better, as most think the Mk3 was a much better car than the Mk2. Anyway l have wasted enough time on this website, and there far more important cars & issues want addressing on this website, rarther than than reminiscing over the Capri. I will always keep an eye on the future, and on new Ford cars only,

l want to see Ford back up there at number 1 spot in the World where they belong.

All the best

Rick

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

When Ford introduced the Capri in 1969 it was the Audi TT of it's day, but with thousands more Motorsports wins under it's belt than an Audi TT could only ever dream of. It was Fords Europe’s most successful car on the racetrack ever, making BMW CL's and Porsche 911's look second rate on the European Touring Car racing circuits in the early seventies.

Ford gave the Capri two cosmetic make-overs, and with very little investment making it the Cinderella of the Ford range, come 1985 it's Horse and Cart suspension & handling was the only sports car in the market with these shoes, so for the last two years of its life it was made only in Germany, and sold only in the UK. No car would ever survive being sold only in one country. It died in 1987. Ford sold three flops the Probe, Puma and Cougar. British Ford Capri owners that were left with Capri's in 1987 either hung on to the Capri they or deserted Ford sports car brand forever, l personally would never buy the Probe or the Puma as they didn’t appeal to me in any shape or form, l do think Ford will always have a problem selling any sports car in the UK as it will all never match up to the Capri we loved to bits, a Focus shape with a token bonnet bulge and hockey stick pressed into the body panel will just not do. Ford sports cars are something that just won't well in the UK, only a RHD Mustang could break this trend

Ford Focus remained best-selling car in the UK

Ford was Britain’s best-selling car nameplate for the 30th consecutive year, Transit was the most popular commercial vehicle for the 41st consecutive year.

One in six cars and commercial vehicles sold in Britain last month was a Ford (October 2006)

COLOGNE, 10 January, 2007 – 2006 was a year of growth for Ford in Europe with sales across all markets in Europe up by 81,000 in 2006, compared to the previous year.

And vehicle output across Ford's seven manufacturing plants, including those vehicles for export to other territories around the world, rose by 125,000 last year, helped by production records at the plants in Cologne, Kocaeli (Turkey) and St. Petersburg.

While Ford sales grew in key markets like Great Britain (new car market leader for the 30th consecutive year), Italy and Benelux, it was in Russia that the company posted all-time record sales and volume growth.

Total Ford sales in Russia rose by over 100 per cent to 124,500 units, up 64,400 units over the previous year. St. Petersburg produced a record 62,400 Focus units, an 89 per cent increase over 2005 that helped maintain the Focus as the best-selling non-Russian brand in the market for the fourth consecutive year.

The best-selling Ford car in Europe in 2006 was the Ford Focus, with sales up three per cent versus the previous year. Ford Fiesta sales climbed over eight per cent and the 'Van of the Year 2007' Ford Transit and its Ford Transit Connect stablemate, recorded a three per cent sales gain.

"With S-MAX and Transit having won the 2007 Car of the Year and International Van of the Year titles respectively, and our World Rally Team becoming World Champions, 2006 was clearly a year of progress, strengthening our position in Europe," said John Fleming, president and CEO, Ford of Europe.