cost cutting

zaz

so do they let you leave for lunch or dinner or is it brown bag city

At Wixom, they have ended food service in the #3 cafeteria in the Body Shop. I'm not sure about the rest of the plant. I know that the #1 cafeteria is still serving food (for now).

They have a catering truck that comes into the plant for those that don't want to make the trek to the main cafeteria.

:violin:

As far as leaving for lunch, you can always leave, the question is if you can make it back in time. Between the distance to the parking lot and getting your food, it's not very much of a "break". :speedie:

Got rid of cafe and brought in roach coaches. They come in at break times and lunch. havent heard anything about gym yet.

Wayne Assy lost the cafe right after the Labor Day break, roach coach for about 20 mins, twice per shift, Tubbys Submarines ( hogies) on Fridays.

The dopers and alcoholics still go out at lunch/break times :redcard:

A gym at an automobile assembly facility? My, my, my.

Do they also have an on-staff masseur, barber and manicurist as well? :doh:

Those are good ideas, another way the plant could make some $? Don't get too excited, that's all tax benefit for the Co. for promoting 'better health'. They do not do it (nor anything else) just because they are nice, it was negotiated and there is an upside for them! Management uses it also.

Bad news: cafeteria closed.................Good news: Medical calls are cut in half! :hysterical:

Edited by BLIND_SQUIRREL

No, we don't have masseurs, barbers or manicurists.

And sadly, we don't have a brothel here either. SO Melanie, don't send us your resume. You're stuck working local. blowjob.gif

Toodles!!

I would love to keep those benefits, but I think Ford is cutting cost and I'd rather give up the fitness center, childcare, the learning centers before I give up my pay or health care. As a matter of fact, we should have the union cut the essp reps(crack heads need to ask the committeeman for help, the committeeman will know when they are being fired), benefit reps (let the nec handle that we dont need a union man to hold our hands to get our medical bills paid, and the committeeman needs to have benefit knowledge). Even though I have used over $10000.00 on educational benefits and will continue to further my education, I think the union should give up the benefit to save the money for health care and pay. I am 100% a union man but if the companys going to cut cost we really need to have a gut check and let things go that wont affect our familys health or our take home pay.

Yea so what ? what kind of moron are you?

many many factories and office buildings have gyms for their employees and it is porven to be a health benefit for the workers and cuts down on many injuries so its a benefit to the company also.

you must think auto workers are too low to deserve these benefits I suppose...

Do you not realize melanie, that the people who built your mustang along with all the other auto workers, that with the hours that they put in at the plant, along with driving time to and from work, that they do not have the time to go to a private gym? So after they bust their asses on the line, they manage to make it to the gym in the plant for maybe half an hour and hurry up to get back on the line. Let's see your fat ass try to do that!

And we should have masseurs to relieve the stress of having unappreciative morons like you owning a vehicle that was made with our blood and sweat.

Do you not realize melanie, that the people who built your mustang along with all the other auto workers, that with the hours that they put in at the plant, along with driving time to and from work, that they do not have the time to go to a private gym? So after they bust their asses on the line, they manage to make it to the gym in the plant for maybe half an hour and hurry up to get back on the line. Let's see your fat ass try to do that!

And we should have masseurs to relieve the stress of having unappreciative morons like you owning a vehicle that was made with our blood and sweat.

Save your breath, Melanie didn't pay for her Mustang, she got it out of her divorce, just like she got everything else in her life, including her education.

The only hard work she did to get it was on her back. Until her man felt she wasn't worth the time and went elsewhere. She's still bitter about that. Ask her. That's why she still comes here. She gets verbally spanked, runs away for a few weeks then comes back to skulk. It's her way of making herself feel better by putting line workers down, must be frustrating that none of us would give her the time of day in the real world.

Save your breath, Melanie didn't pay for her Mustang, she got it out of her divorce, just like she got everything else in her life, including her education.

The only hard work she did to get it was on her back. Until her man felt she wasn't worth the time and went elsewhere. She's still bitter about that. Ask her. That's why she still comes here. She gets verbally spanked, runs away for a few weeks then comes back to skulk. It's her way of making herself feel better by putting line workers down, must be frustrating that none of us would give her the time of day in the real world.

Oh my dear little man, you and your cohorts have yet to "spank" me as you would like to believe. Unfortunatly in your tiny pea brains, when you make insults or use vulgarity you claim that as some sort of victory when in fact, you just continue to feed into the stereotype of the uneducated blue collar worker with plumbers behind. Sad really.

I'm not bitter at all. I am thrilled with the way things turned out. Unfortunatly, your other assumptions about my education and what has happened after my divorce are quite ill informed. However, I have learned to expect that out of an individual who continually makes statements with only half of the facts.

And I am sorry that you miss me when I am away but I do travel a great deal and contrary to what you may believe, I do not plan my life around these little boards. As apparently you do according to the number of posts you have made on here. But I will make an effort to stop by more often, if anything just to quell the misconception that you have "gotton the best of me."

Taa taa!

You people are bitching about they took your gym and cafeteria away waa waa, shit how about all the ex-employees of Ford dealerships that closed and or shrunk. When you're fired, laid off whatever you want to call it all you get is whatever vacation pay if you have any coming, you were offered buyouts educational training ETC. And i've never seen a gym or cafeteria at a dealership, and before you start whining abut how many hours you worked per week be aware alot of dealership emploees work 54 to 60 hours per week on salary.

Oh my dear little man, you and your cohorts have yet to "spank" me as you would like to believe. Unfortunatly in your tiny pea brains, when you make insults or use vulgarity you claim that as some sort of victory when in fact, you just continue to feed into the stereotype of the uneducated blue collar worker with plumbers behind. Sad really.

I'm not bitter at all. I am thrilled with the way things turned out. Unfortunatly, your other assumptions about my education and what has happened after my divorce are quite ill informed. However, I have learned to expect that out of an individual who continually makes statements with only half of the facts.

And I am sorry that you miss me when I am away but I do travel a great deal and contrary to what you may believe, I do not plan my life around these little boards. As apparently you do according to the number of posts you have made on here. But I will make an effort to stop by more often, if anything just to quell the misconception that you have "gotton the best of me."

Taa taa!

I have an even better idea: don't stop by at all.

You people are bitching about they took your gym and cafeteria away waa waa, shit how about all the ex-employees of Ford dealerships that closed and or shrunk. When you're fired, laid off whatever you want to call it all you get is whatever vacation pay if you have any coming, you were offered buyouts educational training ETC. And i've never seen a gym or cafeteria at a dealership, and before you start whining abut how many hours you worked per week be aware alot of dealership emploees work 54 to 60 hours per week on salary.

MAYBE you should think about trying to get the union in, thet may help you get these sort of things

Where are you getting this comparison from? Ford doesn't own the dealerships..dealer employees work for the DEALER.whatever gripes you have about working conditions, benefits or hours should be taken up with your employer. If you'd like, you can visit an assembly plant and see what we do and see how different it is from working at a dealer. I really doubt you'd envy us then.

BTW, the Ford dealer here has a Powerhouse gym right nextdoor. I don't think any of the dealership's employees are members though. I guess since I work out in my Fitness Center every day, I can beat them all up, lol.