COA Vote at MTP

Emigh

I was told today that MTP will be voting on the COA on Wed. and Thurs. next week. Also was told by the union that PFTs' (permanent full time employees) will be able to vote on the COA. Also, hourly employees that are taking the buyout and have paid union dues for this month also will be able to vote on the future of MTP. I feel that the union is manipulating the COA vote, even though we know that it will be "approved" anyway. :banghead:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told today that MTP will be voting on the COA on Wed. and Thurs. next week. Also was told by the union that PFTs' (permanent full time employees) will be able to vote on the COA. Also, hourly employees that are taking the buyout and have paid union dues for this month also will be able to vote on the future of MTP. I feel that the union is manipulating the COA vote, even though we know that it will be "approved" anyway. :banghead:

Sounds like the local elections. eh?

No matter who you vote for, the same clowns always win..........aargh !!!!!

Question,If the COA is voted in does MTP still loose a shift? Or will they keep it?

Question,If the COA is voted in does MTP still loose a shift? Or will they keep it?

From what I understand, we will definitely lose a shift for a while. COA or not. Many of us will go next door to Wayne Assy. But they want the COA so they can outsource Material Handling and some skilled trades. This is all what the union has told me, so I take everything with a grain of salt and then believe half of that.The union has an agenda to get the COA in.

From what I understand, we will definitely lose a shift for a while. COA or not. Many of us will go next door to Wayne Assy. But they want the COA so they can outsource Material Handling and some skilled trades. This is all what the union has told me, so I take everything with a grain of salt and then believe half of that.The union has an agenda to get the COA in.
:redcard:

We, aka the workers, do not want the COA, as we are not threatened with losing or gaining anything, management?, maybe, Local 900?, maybe....but not the workers.....

All of the plants that have approved a COA have been promised somthing ( new product, extra work, ect. ) Mtp has be promised zip, noda, NOTHING!!! Not even the YOU WILL STAY OPEN promise. Corporate needs to step up to the plate and dangle some sort of carrott in front of us. Besides why would I vote yes to the COA now when we're going to give away the farm in 6 months. I'm sorry but I just can't vote to eliminate my own job. Voting no will not effect the future of MTP one bit, the outcome of the national contract will.

So when MTP looses a shift will the ones from the shift lost go to Wayne? Is it true that the buyout numbers evened out so no one actually looses their job and gets laid off....I hope it all works out for everyone!

All of the plants that have approved a COA have been promised somthing ( new product, extra work, ect. ) Mtp has be promised zip, noda, NOTHING!!! Not even the YOU WILL STAY OPEN promise. Corporate needs to step up to the plate and dangle some sort of carrott in front of us. Besides why would I vote yes to the COA now when we're going to give away the farm in 6 months. I'm sorry but I just can't vote to eliminate my own job. Voting no will not effect the future of MTP one bit, the outcome of the national contract will.
Just because you are promised something dosen't mean you will get it. Last March, the company promised us @ Indy if we sign a COA they would guarentee us work until 2011.....this past Sept they told us our plant would close by the end of 08....now they want another COA to go through......I say why sign another one if they won't keep their word on the first one.

I really hope MTP turns this down, because we (WAP) will be next and i hope we turn it down also, it is nothing but a bullcrap way for the union to save there buddies and there own asses while ours are out on the street. they have offered nothing to us for accepting this crap. our uaw reps tell us that we are done in 09 anyway so what is the point of passing anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

today was a local election for our vp and other spots that out great reps have taken buyouts. Why do we have to fill all them spots? why cant we make them do more work to help save money? well this is really pis ing me off thinking about this so i am gonna leave it at that.

Just remember when voting, Just vote the way you want to vote dont listen to the " Oh we are gonna make it better for you" crap and i hope they dont offer any type of money for voting this in. i heard they was gonna offer us $500 to vote it in, nothing like a bribe.

JUST VOTE NO !!!!!!!!

I really hope MTP turns this down, because we (WAP) will be next and i hope we turn it down also, it is nothing but a bullcrap way for the union to save there buddies and there own asses while ours are out on the street. they have offered nothing to us for accepting this crap. our uaw reps tell us that we are done in 09 anyway so what is the point of passing anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

today was a local election for our vp and other spots that out great reps have taken buyouts. Why do we have to fill all them spots? why cant we make them do more work to help save money? well this is really pis ing me off thinking about this so i am gonna leave it at that.

Just remember when voting, Just vote the way you want to vote dont listen to the " Oh we are gonna make it better for you" crap and i hope they dont offer any type of money for voting this in. i heard they was gonna offer us $500 to vote it in, nothing like a bribe.

JUST VOTE NO !!!!!!!!

VOTE NO!!!!!!

JUST VOTE NO !!!!!!!!

Who got VP?

WHO CARES, like it is gonna make a difference................

Local 900 would be stellar with ronald mcdonald (prez), the king (burger king) vice prez, mickey mouse and the rest of the disney world characters as the useless bunch of voted in jobs that accomplish nothing. Talk about cost savings, delete all those worthless voted in jobs.

It is funny, all the double talk gong on. Our union leadership can't even agree why the vote was postponed. Darryl told us in the information meeting a couple of weeks ago that he had the vote postponed because we all had got wind of the salaried personell bonuses and he knew we were pissed. I am sure he figured there was no way of the COA passing that weekend. Then Brian Quantz (Local 900 VP) tell the newspapers that it wasn't postponed because of the bonuses but because they hadn't had enough time to get all the information on the COA out to us. Which is it?

Darryl also told us in the meeting that we would not be voting on a COA here as long as talk of bonuses were still going on? Did I miss somewhere that salaried people won't be getting the bonuses now because we now have a vote set for this week on the COA? I think it is a big mistake, there is no way I will entertain the thought of a COA as long as salaried people may get a bonus.

add me to the

VOTE NO !!!

GROUP

Well, tonight and tomorrow is the COA vote. The union was at the door Monday with bulletins telling us to vote yes for the future of MTP. And also not to believe the

propaganda that they heard on the floor. Just one last reminder, VOTE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see people around the plant wearing these "vote no" red caps...and i wonder if they are just hard headed lazy fucks who think seniority gets you out of working.

you people are stupid if you think that this whole time .... ford has not been whipsawing us around... to either break the union or make us cut our own throat.

I think this is simply a prep to see "who is willing to work with us" (us as in ford mo co)

Yes i beleive in standing up for our rights but have you asked how many jobs we will actually lose?

have you gone and talked to bargaining and asked what we are really giving up?

prolly not...just a bunch of old fogeys who dont want to work the job...they want to go in and have a social party every night for $28 per hour.

the skilled trades is a different story though....but they have a SKILL and if i was one of them i would have took the buyout and gone and used my talent in a real job not sit around at ford and play spades while waiting on a call at J-12 or somehting like that.

The problem is.....most people dont want the COA cuz they are ignorant and were too lazy to actually inquire about it...they just read the bullitenn and talk with their beer buddies about how they aint doin it...blah blah blah

why would they announce a shift reduction so early if they didnt want us fighting each other for "who keeps their job"

wether it is one shift or not.....the COA is not much different than what we are doing now. :reading:

And i like it cuz it will filter out the good workers from the ones that play the system.

FUKITALL.bmp

In response to Young Ford man, Yes we do know what Vote NO Really means. Vote No means that this whole COA is bullshit! And before I go any further, please check your spelling because you lose all credibility when you don't care what you write. Next, We have not been promised anything, we vote on the COA and they are going down to one shift anyway. Outsourcing our skilled trades and Material Handling. Stacking the vote by letting the TFTs' vote on the COA when they have no future at MTP and the buyout people who are gone anyway. The union is probably getting perks for getting this thing pushed through. So once again I say VOTE NO!!! :happy feet:

In response to Young Ford man, Yes we do know what Vote NO Really means. Vote No means that this whole COA is bullshit! And before I go any further, please check your spelling because you lose all credibility when you don't care what you write. Next, We have not been promised anything, we vote on the COA and they are going down to one shift anyway. Outsourcing our skilled trades and Material Handling. Stacking the vote by letting the TFTs' vote on the COA when they have no future at MTP and the buyout people who are gone anyway. The union is probably getting perks for getting this thing pushed through. So once again I say VOTE NO!!! :happy feet:

Are buyout people allowed to vote? My last day was 1-1, and if I can, I'll love to cast a big NO vote for you guys.