Blue Oval News Says No More Verbal Abuse Will Be Allowed

Tony James

Maybe we can send a big space supertanker to refuel it once a month! Lets put it before the UN and debate on who will pay for the research!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

Can we raise our taxes to fund it also?????

We will also have to raise taxes to fund another program to research a better "GREEN" way to send that big space supertanker up there that will not make our global warming problem worse.

In the end, to make it easier, I say that we just give the minute fraction of a percent of the world leaders all our money so they can have us all live the "right way". Think hard about this one, it would be the end to all world problems, we could all finally live peaceful happy lives.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But global warming!!!! You guys will try anything in an attempt to force stricter government control of every aspect of life. The history you base most of your findings on are from the last 400 years, if that. Almost everything before that is unmeasurable, and if it is, you don't know what actually caused it, you are speculating.

The first mercury thermometer

Gabriel Fahrenheit (1686-1736) was the first person to make a thermometer using mercury. The more predictable expansion of mercury combined with improved glassworking techniques led to a much more accurate thermometer.

For millions of years the earth has been heating up and cooling down without the help of cars, buses, airplanes and factories. 300 years of measurement is a pretty small sample size to base any future events. Any weatherman is lucky to get the right forecast two days ahead.

Remember when Mt.St.Helen blew her top? A lot of so called "experts" predicted the dust cloud choking off light and damage the entire U.S. or perhaps even the world. Also said was that it would take "decades" for the damage to be repaired. Looking back everything bounced back pretty well without human help.

When Saddam light on fire several oil wells from the 1st gulf war it was also predicted that the dark cloud would do world wide damage and it would take years to un-do the extensive damage caused by him. Truth be told the damage was minimal at best and mother nature is pretty resilient. The point being is man's predictions are pretty bad when it comes to the environment and weather trends.

Maybe we can send a big space supertanker to refuel it once a month! Lets put it before the UN and debate on who will pay for the research!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

No, no, no!!!!!!! Now you want to mess up space, how dareth you!!!!! And if it leaks?!?!?!?! Why Michael Rennie will come back from the dead, and Gort will destroy earth, lolol!!!!!

Can we raise our taxes to fund it also?????

We will also have to raise taxes to fund another program to research a better "GREEN" way to send that big space supertanker up there that will not make our global warming problem worse.

In the end, to make it easier, I say that we just give the minute fraction of a percent of the world leaders all our money so they can have us all live the "right way". Think hard about this one, it would be the end to all world problems, we could all finally live peaceful happy lives.

Do you notice that everything discussed has several components aimed at us?

1. To slow America from continuing to pull away.

2. To make American taxpayers foot most of the bill.

3. To stop you from going anywhere due to cost, and keep you in the city.

4. Scare you to death with unproven science so as you see it all their way.

5. Raise taxes to fund whatever they want by doing it for our own good.

6. Also notice that they have insured by their insistance, that our one natural fuel source is deemed unusable, AKA coal.

7. They also figured a way to stop a lot of nuclear plants being made.

8. Nowhere do they suggest we change to this or that to fuel ourselves; and when they did try to convince everyone to change to corn based fuel, now their own people are saying it is gonna screw things up too.(probably because the leaders of this movements real agenda is NOT to find an alternative fuel source; but rather to socialize the strongest capitalistic country in the world)

9. They do NOT want you to choose from a LIKEABLE list of fuel sources, they want to tax the fuel so you use less of anything available.

10. And finally----------->Al Gore lied through his teeth about his REAL agenda. He lied more than GW Bush has. When asked about his enviro stand, he straight faced got up there, and just did a 180.

How do we know this?

Because he was an enviro kook before the election, then after the election when no pretense for being reasonable was needed, he reverted to his true form. The only time he denied these views was, WHEN HE WAS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!

WMDs? At least THIS president told us what he was gonna do BEFORE he got elected, and he did!!!!! Your guy LIED through his teeth, and if it wasn't for Florida, we woulda had a president elected totally through deception.

Of course YOU guys woulda proclaimed that the ends justified the means. But that is bogus!! If ya can't win on YOUR issues; AND IN FACT DENY UNEQUIVICABLY THAT YOU BELIEVE IT, then isn't it time you realize that America when educated believes like most of us on here----------->YOU ARE DANGEROUS because you are willing to deceive America if it is in the cause of your pet project!

PHONEY BALONEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Imawhosure

Your guy LIED through his teeth, and if it wasn't for Florida, we woulda had a president elected totally through deception.

Of course YOU guys woulda proclaimed that the ends justified the means. But that is bogus!! If ya can't win on YOUR issues; AND IN FACT DENY UNEQUIVICABLY THAT YOU BELIEVE IT, then isn't it time you realize that America when educated believes like most of us on here----------->YOU ARE DANGEROUS because you are willing to deceive America if it is in the cause of your pet project!

PHONEY BALONEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

None of them are my guys. Both sides are garbage if you ask me. I'd say 90% or higher have an agenda through lobbyists and special interests that lead to personal gain.

None of them are my guys. Both sides are garbage if you ask me. I'd say 90% or higher have an agenda through lobbyists and special interests that lead to personal gain.

CAP, my remark was not directed at you. Sorry if you thought it was.

It really was about their incessant whining on how we have been deceived, and yet their guy was deceiving before he was even elected.

I am not happy with GW, just as most aren't.

But as far as economics, he has done what he said he would do.

On the other hand, his opponent was not even up front enough to tell us what he believed........in fact denying his own words in a book that he wrote.

I am tired of being told that through this administration we have been misled, when their own guy was attempting to mislead all of America.

As you have said before, and I concur------------>both partys are out of touch, and the enviros are no more than a special interest group attempting to put the cape on of middle America. They are not, just as GW is not, just as Al Gore is/was not.

By my way of thinking, you are only ignorant if you let them convince you that any of these people think like we do. The far right tries it, the enviro kooks try it, and here we are, with no one to speak for us, middle America. Go figure!

The first mercury thermometer

Gabriel Fahrenheit (1686-1736) was the first person to make a thermometer using mercury. The more predictable expansion of mercury combined with improved glassworking techniques led to a much more accurate thermometer.

For millions of years the earth has been heating up and cooling down without the help of cars, buses, airplanes and factories. 300 years of measurement is a pretty small sample size to base any future events. Any weatherman is lucky to get the right forecast two days ahead.

It is called paleoclimatology, and they have gone back 800,000 years to record various levels of temperatures and greenhouse gases. They go to places like Antarctica and Greenland and take samples up to a depth of 3km. The "ice core" samples are taken and distributed to various labs, all agreeing on the data. Unfortunately, as far as the weatherman, it is a lot easier to see what the weather was like one hundred thousand years ago than what it will be two days from now.

I mean think about it, even for someone so dimwitted as myself, it is rather simple to understand. The arctic snows has not melted in that period, so each year a new layer is created, and each layer carries with it certain atmospheric particles. When the ice reaches a certain depth, air is actually trapped in the ice, so not only do they have the layer of snow, but now they have the frozen pockets of air from that period.

Also, in addition to "ice cores" sediment cores taken from the ocean floor are used as well, although, I do not think they can go back as far. Studies that I have seen go back approximately two-hundred thousand years and are yet still incomplete, but what data they do have coincides with the "ice core" samples.

My bad!!!! I am not suggesting that you want us to be like Cuba. But what many of us would like to know is---------------->what country would you like us to emulate? Go ahead and pick one, any of them please, or a couple of them if you prefer!!! This will give us a better idea of what you are proposing, the restrictions it will or will not add, and the debate can go from there.

Speculating what trying to change things to solve a problem that may not exist is one thing, but having solid factual examples of countrys that have tried and be able to see what it cost them in rights and money........now that is priceless!!!! So pick. If not, I will go to the archives and see which one has done many of the things you propose and pick it for ya.

Now we are getting somewhere!!!

P.S. By the way, lol. Did you know that some of the places that have actually tried a few of these things have shown no difference in the things they were monitoring and trying to reduce? The mantra is that it is because the population grew, so while they have reduced them per person, the total output from a higher population has replaced it in the atmosphere.

Just to let you understand, they are now arguing about this concept and reasoning. It is really interesting that what is proposed by many of you becomes a reality, it doesn't work, and we are right back where we started with the enviros making excuses, and still beating the drums for more regulation.

I am not against clean water or air whatsoever. I don't want anyone poisoned by dumping, none of that for sure.

But global warming!!!! You guys will try anything in an attempt to force stricter government control of every aspect of life. The history you base most of your findings on are from the last 400 years, if that. Almost everything before that is unmeasurable, and if it is, you don't know what actually caused it, you are speculating.

Do you also know that virtually every scientist has predicted that sometime down the road, the sun will burn itself out!!!!!!!

What do you suggest we do about that!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

My bad!!!! I am not suggesting that you want us to be like Cuba. But what many of us would like to know is---------------->what country would you like us to emulate? Go ahead and pick one, any of them please, or a couple of them if you prefer!!! This will give us a better idea of what you are proposing, the restrictions it will or will not add, and the debate can go from there.

Speculating what trying to change things to solve a problem that may not exist is one thing, but having solid factual examples of countrys that have tried and be able to see what it cost them in rights and money........now that is priceless!!!! So pick. If not, I will go to the archives and see which one has done many of the things you propose and pick it for ya.

Now we are getting somewhere!!!

P.S. By the way, lol. Did you know that some of the places that have actually tried a few of these things have shown no difference in the things they were monitoring and trying to reduce? The mantra is that it is because the population grew, so while they have reduced them per person, the total output from a higher population has replaced it in the atmosphere.

Just to let you understand, they are now arguing about this concept and reasoning. It is really interesting that what is proposed by many of you becomes a reality, it doesn't work, and we are right back where we started with the enviros making excuses, and still beating the drums for more regulation.

I am not against clean water or air whatsoever. I don't want anyone poisoned by dumping, none of that for sure.

Do you also know that virtually every scientist has predicted that sometime down the road, the sun will burn itself out!!!!!!!

What do you suggest we do about that!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Replace your furnace with a TRANE.........I love mine

It is called paleoclimatology, and they have gone back 800,000 years to record various levels of temperatures and greenhouse gases. They go to places like Antarctica and Greenland and take samples up to a depth of 3km. The "ice core" samples are taken and distributed to various labs, all agreeing on the data. Unfortunately, as far as the weatherman, it is a lot easier to see what the weather was like one hundred thousand years ago than what it will be two days from now.

I mean think about it, even for someone so dimwitted as myself, it is rather simple to understand. The arctic snows has not melted in that period, so each year a new layer is created, and each layer carries with it certain atmospheric particles. When the ice reaches a certain depth, air is actually trapped in the ice, so not only do they have the layer of snow, but now they have the frozen pockets of air from that period.

Also, in addition to "ice cores" sediment cores taken from the ocean floor are used as well, although, I do not think they can go back as far. Studies that I have seen go back approximately two-hundred thousand years and are yet still incomplete, but what data they do have coincides with the "ice core" samples.

Yeah its much easier to GUESS about the pasts weather then to GUESS about tomorrows weather. I suppose there aren't as many witnesses when you look at the past. There's nobody there to say there was 1 foot or 1000 feet a year of your "arctic snow" or whether it was 200 feet 2 or 3 times a year. Its merely a guess that supports an agenda. ITS ALL A THEORY you can make what you want out of it!

Yeah its much easier to GUESS about the pasts weather then to GUESS about tomorrows weather. I suppose there aren't as many witnesses when you look at the past. There's nobody there to say there was 1 foot or 1000 feet a year of your "arctic snow" or whether it was 200 feet 2 or 3 times a year. Its merely a guess that supports an agenda. ITS ALL A THEORY you can make what you want out of it!

Really? I would love to see the data that you drew your conclusions from. Ya know, something scholarly that shows how imprecise "ice core" samples are.

Really? I would love to see the data that you drew your conclusions from. Ya know, something scholarly that shows how imprecise "ice core" samples are.

I can show you plenty of proof of Santa Claus, Easter bunny, Superman, or even the Bionic Man if you REALLY need something to believe in..............I know.....how about the Abominable Snowman?........Or even Frosty the Snowman? Now he might have some GREAT info about global climate change..........................I think your scientists are snorting the "Arctic snow"!

They can tell that over 100 miles of the polar ice caps have melted; people have lost houses and everything. It is not that I think al gore is right, but it seems people would be a fool to believe that all of the automobiles and pollution has no effect on weather. I live in Michigan, and I can tell you the past 5 winters have been increasingly warm with less snow, if you want to back that up with facts you can call any bar in the North Country and ask them how business is

They can tell that over 100 miles of the polar ice caps have melted; people have lost houses and everything. It is not that I think al gore is right, but it seems people would be a fool to believe that all of the automobiles and pollution has no effect on weather. I live in Michigan, and I can tell you the past 5 winters have been increasingly warm with less snow, if you want to back that up with facts you can call any bar in the North Country and ask them how business is

What about the people in the southwest desert, California? Blizzards in the desert? In January I went to Florida to visit my aunt and get some good weather. I should of stayed home for the heat wave that Illinois had.

I am tired of being told that through this administration we have been misled, when their own guy was attempting to mislead all of America.

As you have said before, and I concur------------>both partys are out of touch, and the enviros are no more than a special interest group attempting to put the cape on of middle America. They are not, just as GW is not, just as Al Gore is/was not.

By my way of thinking, you are only ignorant if you let them convince you that any of these people think like we do. The far right tries it, the enviro kooks try it, and here we are, with no one to speak for us, middle America. Go figure!

They all mislead us. I just get sick of someone saying that "well the Dems did the same thing too". That should not make it OK. Change it and demand better.

If I remember correctly there is a saying that "ignorance is bliss".

Damn, you would think that we would be the happiest people ever.

There have also been discovered areas in Iceland which were farmed over 1000 years ago, but now are covered with ice. I guess that the earth has not warmed up to that level yet. Were much of Europe and America under water at that time? It shouldn't be too hard to determine. Just study the ice core samples. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Edited by Trimdingman

There have also been discovered areas in Iceland which were farmed over 1000 years ago, but now are covered with ice. I guess that the earth has not warmed up to that level yet. Were much of Europe and America under water at that time? It shouldn't be too hard to determine. Just study the ice core samples. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Hey Trim,

Just suppose they are right and the earth is warming.

OK, lets agree with them for about 15 seconds, and let them show us what % of the warming is due to the human race.

Whatever gas they come up with, we can show that it is naturally produced times 100 by natural occurences, in some instances, a 1000 and then some.

They just don't get it!!!!!!

Everyone wants a safe enviroment for all to live in. We want clean water, air, and beautiful places to go to. They focus on a miniscule amount compared to what is natural, then tell you to fix the worlds problems.

It is BOGUS!!!!!!!!!

They tell you that YOUR links are supported by oil to deter you and everyone who reads the link, then they quote Al Gore; or some ORG site that is obviously when you look into it, totally green. You tell me the difference. (or is Al Gore the smartest enviromentalist dude in the land, kinda like Hillary is the smartest woman)

Many of these people are going to be very upset when they find out that their leaders are NOT about what they proclaim to be. It is sad they are being deceived by the insistance that this is all fact, when in reality it is just another agenda to get the populace to do what certain people want.

By the time the media and middle America comes to the conclusion that this is just another phoney baloney bogeyman, the taxes will be in place, and I can't ever remember a politician who rescinds taxes that are proven to be put in on a faulty basis.........at least not a socialist, liberal one.

I challenge any SOCIALISTS who read this, to tell all of us an instance where YOUR politicians of favor, have removed any tax, for any reason in the federal government! THEY DO NOT, they add it to the general fund, then tell you when they come up short, you are not paying your fair share.

WILL YOU EVER LEARN???????????????? I doubt it, but one can always hope.

Hey Trim,

Just suppose they are right and the earth is warming.

OK, lets agree with them for about 15 seconds, and let them show us what % of the warming is due to the human race.

Whatever gas they come up with, we can show that it is naturally produced times 100 by natural occurences, in some instances, a 1000 and then some.

They just don't get it!!!!!!

Everyone wants a safe enviroment for all to live in. We want clean water, air, and beautiful places to go to. They focus on a miniscule amount compared to what is natural, then tell you to fix the worlds problems.

It is BOGUS!!!!!!!!!

They tell you that YOUR links are supported by oil to deter you and everyone who reads the link, then they quote Al Gore; or some ORG site that is obviously when you look into it, totally green. You tell me the difference. (or is Al Gore the smartest enviromentalist dude in the land, kinda like Hillary is the smartest woman)

Many of these people are going to be very upset when they find out that their leaders are NOT about what they proclaim to be. It is sad they are being deceived by the insistance that this is all fact, when in reality it is just another agenda to get the populace to do what certain people want.

By the time the media and middle America comes to the conclusion that this is just another phoney baloney bogeyman, the taxes will be in place, and I can't ever remember a politician who rescinds taxes that are proven to be put in on a faulty basis.........at least not a socialist, liberal one.

I challenge any SOCIALISTS who read this, to tell all of us an instance where YOUR politicians of favor, have removed any tax, for any reason in the federal government! THEY DO NOT, they add it to the general fund, then tell you when they come up short, you are not paying your fair share.

WILL YOU EVER LEARN???????????????? I doubt it, but one can always hope.

I'm not a scocialist but, what about the Spanish - American War federal Excise tax on phones? Although I'm not positive it was fully removed. Still people should question why it was around for 100+ years.

There is a good comedy movie with Robin Williams "Man of the Year". He is a talk show host that runs for president. In his first debate in the movie he says the same thing. Many laugh at it but with a little research would find out it's the truth.

I'm not a scocialist but, what about the Spanish - American War federal Excise tax on phones? Although I'm not positive it was fully removed. Still people should question why it was around for 100+ years.

Mr Cap,

Forgive me, I had forgotten that you found one for us, and kudos to you.

It is very sad when you and I have to search the dark corners of the tax code to keep our total obligation below 45% in yearly overall tax.

When you look at the rate, it beomes obvious that the liberals are winning long term, (even if they say they are not) and the stupid conservatives.............even if they win can never roll it back or the financial structure of this country would collapse.

Regular people like us only have the possibility of forcing them to hold the line at 40 to 45% in total taxation. DID YOU PEOPLE HERE ME, 40 TO 45% in total!!!!!!!

And yet they want more to fund wars, or supposed national healthcare which will be dumped into the general fund for them to spend, or a huge tax on fuel which they will collect to also dump.

And some of these people actually buy into this as long as it is their pet project. It will never end until you pay 80 or 85%. They gotta leave a little so as you have a reason to go to work.

And you all thought we defeated the USSR and socialist communism. Surprise, we just took their terrible ideas which they paid for in tax, and turned them into our good ideas that you will pay for in tax, lolol.

Their system failed miserably; in fact every country who has tried their system has failed miserably, and if we continue down this road, we will fail miserably too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Center claims that Nashville Electric Services records show the Gores in 2006 averaged a monthly electricity bill of $1,359 for using 18,414 kilowatt-hours, and $1,461 per month for using 16,200 kilowatt-hours in 2005.

the Tennessee Center for Policy Research needs to respond to this article in the Chicago tribune-----

The group said that Gore used nearly 221,000 kilowatt hours last year and that his average monthly electric bill was $1,359. Johnson said his group got its figures from Nashville Electric Service.

But company spokeswoman Laurie Parker said the utility never got a request from the policy center and never gave it any information.

if we can't agree on global warming, can we at least agree on pollution as an issue we might want to address ? mercury in the fish, plastic in the food chain, etc...one good volcano erupting will change things more than we ever will, but we are sorta peeing in our food dish here...

Edited by Savetheplanet

the Tennessee Center for Policy Research needs to respond to this article in the Chicago tribune-----

The group said that Gore used nearly 221,000 kilowatt hours last year and that his average monthly electric bill was $1,359. Johnson said his group got its figures from Nashville Electric Service.

But company spokeswoman Laurie Parker said the utility never got a request from the policy center and never gave it any information.

if we can't agree on global warming, can we at least agree on pollution as an issue we might want to address ? mercury in the fish, plastic in the food chain, etc...one good volcano erupting will change things more than we ever will, but we are sorta peeing in our food dish here...

It might just be prudent to turn off the PC. Please don't consume unnecessary power. Start off the movement, be a leader. I'm sure there are other who will follow. Imagine how many lumps of coal are being burned RIGHT NOW for the power to pull up the BON! I'm shutting down now, doing my part........................................

I can show you plenty of proof of Santa Claus, Easter bunny, Superman, or even the Bionic Man if you REALLY need something to believe in..............I know.....how about the Abominable Snowman?........Or even Frosty the Snowman? Now he might have some GREAT info about global climate change..........................I think your scientists are snorting the "Arctic snow"!

<lol> That is what I thought - all glitter no substance. Hey, who needs coal, we just need to channel all that "hot air" you provide us.

I like the banter, but not useless banter. This ends it for me. It just shows the ignorance of those debating when asked what they base their observations on and you get smartass comments. I think there is doubt on the overall issues but on certain issues the evidence is clear. Either way, I have an open mind, hey I could be wrong. That is why I ask for data, not assumptions. You obviosuly have nothing but rhetoric, and precious little of that.

Edited by methos