Your real tax rate: 40%

fmccap

Your real tax rate: 40%

Politicians rarely talk about what real people experience: the true maze of taxes and government benefits. If someone put them all together, we could see what our actual tax burden was. We could see who pays at the highest or lowest rates. Discussions of tax policy wouldn't be a waste of time.

Well, two researchers did it.

In a study for the National Bureau of Economic Research, Boston University economists Laurence J. Kotlikoff and David Rapson have found that our all-in marginal tax rate is 40%, give or take a bit. Yes, you read that right: 40%.

Is everyone paying attention to what they are reading?

If you are in shock, just think how the politicians are doing everything in their power.............probably including homeland security, to close this thread.

WE who post and spend time doing............NEED to investigate this if we honestly think it is untrue.

IT IS NOT, and for many it is WORSE. They just hide the taxes so you do not realize what is going on.

Again------------------>this is not a desertation for the presidency of GW Bush, but rather a desertation on why you ARE paying your fair share.

At these rates, never let them tell you that is not fact, and tell them to explain in PLAIN AMERICAN ENGLISH where the money is going.

It may frighten you, but sticking your head in the sand will never make it go away!!!

Look at your children and grandchildren my fellow posters. Do you want to leave them a tax rate of 60 to 70%?

It is not about you paying your fair share, it is about the government spending to much then telling it is YOUR FAULT cause you DID NOT supply their spending habits!!!!! You must get a handle on the difference before they spend you into oblivion, then blame it on you.

Is everyone paying attention to what they are reading?

If you are in shock, just think how the politicians are doing everything in their power.............probably including homeland security, to close this thread.

WE who post and spend time doing............NEED to investigate this if we honestly think it is untrue.

IT IS NOT, and for many it is WORSE. They just hide the taxes so you do not realize what is going on.

Again------------------>this is not a desertation for the presidency of GW Bush, but rather a desertation on why you ARE paying your fair share.

At these rates, never let them tell you that is not fact, and tell them to explain in PLAIN AMERICAN ENGLISH where the money is going.

It may frighten you, but sticking your head in the sand will never make it go away!!!

Look at your children and grandchildren my fellow posters. Do you want to leave them a tax rate of 60 to 70%?

It is not about you paying your fair share, it is about the government spending to much then telling it is YOUR FAULT cause you DID NOT supply their spending habits!!!!! You must get a handle on the difference before they spend you into oblivion, then blame it on you.

Too late ... and do you really think they will listen? :hysterical: we have been crying that our taxes have been too high for years...

Cutting taxes creates more revenue, as it creates jobs. Each person pays less, but more people are paying, and fewer people are on welfare. A prosperous economy is bad for the left. That is why they fight tooth and nail against any tax cuts.

So you're telling me that this country has prospered more under Bush with his tax cuts then we did under Clinton? I just don't see it.

So you're telling me that this country has prospered more under Bush with his tax cuts then we did under Clinton? I just don't see it.

Ya where is all this money coming from that is funding the wars? Clinton balances the budget so Bush can come in and put us back in the red? Eventually these deficits will come back to haunt us. How many 100's of billions has this war cost us already? Not counting future debts to our soldiers dead, injured, and alive who will recieve veteran benefits. Bush cut taxes and started a war. Brilliant!

Ya where is all this money coming from that is funding the wars? Clinton balances the budget so Bush can come in and put us back in the red? Eventually these deficits will come back to haunt us. How many 100's of billions has this war cost us already? Not counting future debts to our soldiers dead, injured, and alive who will recieve veteran benefits. Bush cut taxes and started a war. Brilliant!

Bush didn't start the war. The war was started by our enemies over 30 years ago. We are just now starting to take them seriously. Fighting a war of this magnitude is expensive, but the alternative is unthinkable. Just keep on living the good life, while our enemies continue to torpedo Ship America. It probably will not sink in your lifetime, anyway. Leave the fighting for your children and grand-children. Maybe they will have a clearer picture when they see the invasion forces on their own soil. Perhaps you should enroll them in Arabic immersion courses at school.

As I said before, the best way for the government to raise money is to cut taxes. Put everyone to work and we will easily finance the war.

Edited by Trimdingman

Clinton never balanced the budget, Gingrich did. Clinton twice vetoed the balanced budget and he also fought against welfare reform.

Clinton never balanced the budget, Gingrich did. Clinton twice vetoed the balanced budget and he also fought against welfare reform.

Clinton was on the up side of the tech stock boom and the resulting surge in the stock market and Bush took over as it was crashing. Giving either one credit for the result is foolish.

A better question would be:"Where is all that money going that we are paying in taxes?" I paid over $1200 income tax last week, plus my wife paid over $500. What did I get for it? I already pay for my own utilities, and fire and police, etc. through property tax. Cut my taxes and I will spend, and create jobs.

Edited by Trimdingman

It's funny how things disappear that they truly don't want you to know. It's even more funny how people don't believe this stuff.

Edited by fmccap

Clinton was on the up side of the tech stock boom and the resulting surge in the stock market and Bush took over as it was crashing. Giving either one credit for the result is foolish.

Mulewright nailed it. Same thing happened at the state level, if you were paying attention.

Frankly, politicians get too much credit/blame for what is going on around us. A relatively small fraction of tax money is given away outside the US - by far, the lions share is spent on Social Security, Health Care programs, aid to states, and the salaries of American Citizens who are Govt employees and contractors.

Pogo said something about mirrors, if I recall....

The left likes to give blame and take credit for things over which government has no control. Muleright is right. The right just wants to steer the country in the right direction. Clinton used to bomb Iraq. Where was the outrage from the left? Muslims treat women worse than cattle. Where is the outrage from the feminist groups? Clinton wasn't much better. Where is the criticism? It doesn't matter what George Bush does, it is wrong. He hasn't done one thing right since he became president. He graduated from university, but just as soon as he became president, he lost his marbles. That is what the lefties are told to believe; and since they had no marbles to begin with, that is what they do believe. If they succeed in ending the war, then their children will be fighting it over here, in their own cities, towns, and houses; and they will be cursing their chickenshit parents.

The left likes to give blame and take credit for things over which government has no control. Muleright is right. The right just wants to steer the country in the right direction. Clinton used to bomb Iraq. Where was the outrage from the left? Muslims treat women worse than cattle. Where is the outrage from the feminist groups? Clinton wasn't much better. Where is the criticism? It doesn't matter what George Bush does, it is wrong. He hasn't done one thing right since he became president. He graduated from university, but just as soon as he became president, he lost his marbles. That is what the lefties are told to believe; and since they had no marbles to begin with, that is what they do believe. If they succeed in ending the war, then their children will be fighting it over here, in their own cities, towns, and houses; and they will be cursing their chickenshit parents.

While this war is highly uncomfortable, I must say that Trim does have a point.

The issue should be on IF it should've been started in the first place when it was, not if we should stop it now that it has.

I would not want to be running for President this time around for sure!!!!! If we do NOT decide to leave this to our children, (as we appear to do everything else also) this war is gonna have to escalate, and it will expand.

What is the sense of getting rid of one or two terrorist supply nations, and leaving 2 or 3 more. In a logical sense, that would be dumb, especially since most of the terrorists just ran to them when it became obvious that Iraq and Afghanastan would no longer be comfortable. Now they fund from there, kill our soldiers, and we aren't really even attacking their home basis now.

Politics and world sentiment are just terrible things to base your war strategy on. After all, the French ordered their troops not to fire a shot across the Maginot line at the Germans for months at the start of WWII, in an attempt to make nice. See where that got them don't ya, lolol. Come spring, the Germans just sent panzers around the Maginot line through the Ardennes and straight into Paris. France collapsed faster than a house of cards.

Therefore, if history teaches all things, (and I think it does) the last thing we want to do is---------->ever base anything we do on what the French think. And if at anytime we start seeing ourselves agreeing with them on ANY war strategy, CHANGE POLICY INSTANTLY, cause there is no doubt the thought process is flawed!!!

We saved Frances bacon 2 times now, (both world wars) and protected them through taxpayer money and our presence in Germany throughout the cold war.........and they hate us!!!!

No good deed goes unpunished, and they STILL tell us they have the solution to all conflict problems. FORGET IT, lol.

DISCLAIMER: I do not agree with everything TRIM, but nobody is 100% wrong, 100% of the time. He has a basis in fact here, and for those who do NOT want to leave deficits growing for our children to pay, you are disingenuous if you now want to leave this problem to them instead.