Rumor: Boss engine canceled

Roadrunner

just gut your car. I bet my 18 foot long, all iron big block Galaxie weighs less than a new GT500.

not having a front bumper, back window, back seat, passenger seat, carpet, sound deadening, insulation, door panels, headliner, or front inner fenders helps.

;)

Edited by Sixt9coug

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just gut your car. I bet my 18 foot long, all iron big block Galaxie weighs less than a new GT500.

not having a front bumper, back window, back seat, passenger seat, carpet, sound deadening, insulation, door panels, headliner, or front inner fenders helps.

;)

LOL, as it happens, I have a brochure for the 65 Fords. The weight listed for a 65 Galaxie 500 XL 2-door hardtop was 3608. That's with the standard 289-2V and C4 Auto. That's without power steering, power brakes, power windows, power seats, power door locks, power mirrors, radio, cruise control or air-conditioning.

The weight is for all the safety and enviormental friendly parts of the car. Comfort is way down the list for added weight additions. A 65 Galaxie driver and passenger would be in a world of hurt should they do a head on with a Ford FiveHundred/Taurus. Or say a Fairlane driver and passenger vs. a Fusion occupant. Heck, I've owned a 62 Fairlane and a 68 Falcon when they were relatively new (about five years old) and they couldn't possibly compare to the current crop of cars. They were little more than metal boxes on wheels. Some plastic and stuffing lining the inside of the box, and an engine for movement. The new cars are packed with equipment, to the point of being overweight. But, they work wwwwaaaaaayyyyyy better than the old cars...

I still think fondly of the old cars. I'm just realistic about what I owned then and now.

And mpg? They got good but not great mileage. And remember, when they come to your front door and say they are from the government and they want to help you. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM! And check out the breakdown of actual price of gasoline that your buying in your state, and how much of that is taxes. You maybe surprised. A lot of that is tax. Probably more than the oil company makes as profit from it! And no, I do not have stock in the oil companies.

Edited by jonas1022