I wish for a 2 door Fusion

High Voltage

as soon as one hits my local dealer lot i go pick it up :happy feet:

give us sport compact gurus something to cheer about from Ford!!

Would you like it better if it had a panorama roof option and a Shaker 1000watt Audio option?

That may be seem like overkill, but it would set Fusion further apart from the imports.

Honda thinks coupe sales will increase. A 'totally radical' Fusion coupe would be... totally radical!

Edited by joihan777

Are coupes typically shorter than their seden siblings? I think they stay the same unless a slightly shallower bumper is used somewhere.

I think coupes are about the same. But shaving 4-6 inches off the chassis would barely impact the back seat, where coupes by design pay less attention to, and give the benefit of reducing weight/ steering inertia in order to boost economy & performance. And it just might look better! FORD can not afford to hold back.

• 4 weeks later...

I am not sure about this, so take it for what its worth. But if you were to alter the chasis by shortening it. It would make sense that it would require its own crash testing etc... If this were the case, I think it would be highly unlikely that Ford would create a Fusion coupe on a different wheelbase. The development costs alone would be too high for the limited sales volume.

Did you create that pic? Kool! Ford is really screwing themselves by not offering a compact coupe. Something like that fusion would really be the ticket.

are they? Toyota is nixing their coupe ( Solara ), Nissan already has ( Altima )...and 300 z sales aren't setting the world on fire, honda soldiers on.....perhaps research doesn't justify the expenditure....shame....unless of course SVT gets a hold of the projest and drops in sat the Twin turboed 3.7...screamer halo car along the lines of the GT500...would probably be spendy though....35k?

are they? Toyota is nixing their coupe ( Solara ), Nissan already has ( Altima )...and 300 z sales aren't setting the world on fire, honda soldiers on.....perhaps research doesn't justify the expenditure....shame....unless of course SVT gets a hold of the projest and drops in sat the Twin turboed 3.7...screamer halo car along the lines of the GT500...would probably be spendy though....35k?

Nissan already has what? The Altima coupe JUST came out!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I believe there's a market for it. I feel Toyota Solara is gone because it had no sporting pretensions. Honda Accord Coupe and Nissan Altima Coupe does. Contour based Mercury Cougar was not sporty enough and no recognition from the old school alum handicapped it to its eventual demise. Too bad because it wasn't a bad car but the overall mishandling (IMHO) of that platform (Contour/Mystique/Cougar) is another topic. I'd love to see a Fusion Coupe with the D35, AWD and a 6M in Black w/ Black and Blue interior.