Any word on Wixoms actual closing date?

rougemillwright

Is that June 06 or 07?

Heard something interesting. Norfolk will close. Exp-Nav sent to Dearborn and MTP stays open making F150. Possibly 3 shifts. Wixom people may be on there way to MTP or DTP.

They ran 3 Expy down the trim line here at kcap last thursday.Hearing they might possibly transfer production here.

The week I hired into Wixom in 1965 I was told the plant would be closed by 1970, heard the same rumor several times through the next 40 years. Now Bill Ford said it will close. By June don't be surprised if Ford decides to utilize the plant for some new venture. I'm sure now that Bill said the plant will close the city of Wixom and the state will take the closing a little more serious and offer some super deals to Ford to utilize the plant for some use.

The week I hired into Wixom in 1965 I was told the plant would be closed by 1970, heard the same rumor several times through the next 40 years. Now Bill Ford said it will close. By June don't be surprised if Ford decides to utilize the plant for some new venture. I'm sure now that Bill said the plant will close the city of Wixom and the state will take the closing a little more serious and offer some super deals to Ford to utilize the plant for some use.

Denial is a sad thing.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From what I heard, here are the shutdown times:

SLAP March 8 or 11, 2006 depending on builds.

AAP Aug 31,2006

Wixam November 2006, exact date not known yet. Subject to change.

It sucks for all of us :(

We were told March 10 is our last day but thats only if they encounter problems. We should strip out Mar 8 if line runs as normal.

• 1 month later...

How much was Granholm's offer to subsidize Wixom that Ford turned down? $100M+? I think that tells you something. They're either getting bigger cake offered from the other state governments, or the land will make them that much money, or both.