Want to Cure UAW and Ford?

Makeastand

A lot of you have some really good ideas like bringing back the Bronco, updating the Ranger, building better quality vehicles, better fuel mileage, competitive pricing and so on. Some of you just complain and whine about how union dues are a joke or blaming "piss poor management" on the state that Ford is in. We all know that not just Ford but the 3 American auto makers are in a huge pile of crap right now. If every one in this forum really wants to keep their job and see the good times and actually not dread geting out of bed to go to work again, then here is what you do. Show up for work, on time, every day just like you said you would when you hired in (yea, you remember, just after that time you were praying every day "Lord please give me this job"). Stop going to medical every time some one pisses you off. Stop saying "I'll show them, I'll just AWOL tomorrow." Yea you showed them alright, you showed them that you know how to lose a day's pay. But hey, you can afford to lose a day's pay because you make $28 or so an hour. By the way who fought for these wages. Stop crying about the union fighting for the worthless people. By law they have to, ask them about their lawsuits. Ask your self what worthless people are they fighting for. You maybe? Have you ever gone AWOL to go fishing or just because you just didnt feel like going to work? Have you ever filed a greivance? Been wrote up? Give your supervisor a bunch of crap just because you can? Let bad quality go down the line without writing it up because your angry at the person who does that job? We all have to make a change to our future around at UAW Ford and we all know this, it isnt rocket science. If your not happy then do something about it and stop crying "he gets to do this and she gets away with that." Everyone is acting like a bunch of babies. Lets snap back into reality and come to the realization that we are assembly line workers. Blue collar folks. We are not executives who can ask for better pay and benefits and get it. We have to demand it but we also have to be worth it. We have to make a change, a stand, and a difference. And we have to do it together. How can you expect to keep our great pay and benifits when you bad mouth the union and the company. "Our union wont stand up for us." Watch what you say because if you havent noticed..... YOU ARE THE UNION!!! WAKE UP and act like adults, run for office if you like. Get rid of the "good ole boy and girl syndrome." Treat people the way you want to be treated and build that vehicle like its your own because your livelihood depends on it. Or you can sit back, do nothing, and bitch and whine and vote the union out. See how fast we go back to minimum wage. Your choice.

i did work at aap took the buyout..i still read about ford...this post is the best i have read in a long time...so true..if you the ones still working for ford...want ford to make it..read the post and got by it...its not eazy out in the real world to even find a job...i have been blessed..i did get a good job...started out at 19 an hour..ins is 10 per week..everyone i know has statered out at around 11 or so per hour....do eveything you can to keep your plant open

A lot of you have some really good ideas like bringing back the Bronco, updating the Ranger, building better quality vehicles, better fuel mileage, competitive pricing and so on. Some of you just complain and whine about how union dues are a joke or blaming "piss poor management" on the state that Ford is in. We all know that not just Ford but the 3 American auto makers are in a huge pile of crap right now. If every one in this forum really wants to keep their job and see the good times and actually not dread geting out of bed to go to work again, then here is what you do. Show up for work, on time, every day just like you said you would when you hired in (yea, you remember, just after that time you were praying every day "Lord please give me this job"). Stop going to medical every time some one pisses you off. Stop saying "I'll show them, I'll just AWOL tomorrow." Yea you showed them alright, you showed them that you know how to lose a day's pay. But hey, you can afford to lose a day's pay because you make $28 or so an hour. By the way who fought for these wages. Stop crying about the union fighting for the worthless people. By law they have to, ask them about their lawsuits. Ask your self what worthless people are they fighting for. You maybe? Have you ever gone AWOL to go fishing or just because you just didnt feel like going to work? Have you ever filed a greivance? Been wrote up? Give your supervisor a bunch of crap just because you can? Let bad quality go down the line without writing it up because your angry at the person who does that job? We all have to make a change to our future around at UAW Ford and we all know this, it isnt rocket science. If your not happy then do something about it and stop crying "he gets to do this and she gets away with that." Everyone is acting like a bunch of babies. Lets snap back into reality and come to the realization that we are assembly line workers. Blue collar folks. We are not executives who can ask for better pay and benefits and get it. We have to demand it but we also have to be worth it. We have to make a change, a stand, and a difference. And we have to do it together. How can you expect to keep our great pay and benifits when you bad mouth the union and the company. "Our union wont stand up for us." Watch what you say because if you havent noticed..... YOU ARE THE UNION!!! WAKE UP and act like adults, run for office if you like. Get rid of the "good ole boy and girl syndrome." Treat people the way you want to be treated and build that vehicle like its your own because your livelihood depends on it. Or you can sit back, do nothing, and bitch and whine and vote the union out. See how fast we go back to minimum wage. Your choice.

This makes entirely too much sense............. :shades: :shades: :shades:

LAY OFF THE WEED!!! joint.gifjoint.gif

A lot of us did ALL the things you listed above and it didn't make a god damn difference!!! So keep thinking you have the keys to turn everything around :finger: And keep on thinking that the members are the union, that's the best joke of the day!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: You need to spend some time out here reading these threads and understand how the union is only looking out for it's self and NO ONE else!!! Keep on drinking the Kool Aid my friend and see where it gets you!!! Have a nice trip!!

A lot of us did ALL the things you listed above and it didn't make a god damn difference!!! So keep thinking you have the keys to turn everything around :finger: And keep on thinking that the members are the union, that's the best joke of the day!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: You need to spend some time out here reading these threads and understand how the union is only looking out for it's self and NO ONE else!!! Keep on drinking the Kool Aid my friend and see where it gets you!!! Have a nice trip!!

That is exactly the attitude that makeastand was refering to.

If we "the Union" would try to be a lot more willing to help Ford "our jobs"produce quality and hold management as well as other production people accountable WE CAN MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE! I know their 1000s of people that would like to have the jobs we have. Even with Ford being in the shape it is ,people will fight to get in. So my thought to you is, if you hate it so bad then fricking quit your job and stop complaining or try to be part of the solution. We have a plant full of "i hate this place people" but if we had a plant full of "what can we do to help people" things would definitely change for the better.(This goes for management also!)

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is exactly the attitude that makeastand was refering to.

If we "the Union" would try to be a lot more willing to help Ford "our jobs"produce quality and hold management as well as other production people accountable WE CAN MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE! I know their 1000s of people that would like to have the jobs we have. Even with Ford being in the shape it is ,people will fight to get in. So my thought to you is, if you hate it so bad then fricking quit your job and stop complaining or try to be part of the solution. We have a plant full of "i hate this place people" but if we had a plant full of "what can we do to help people" things would definitely change for the better.(This goes for management also!)

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what the fuck I did!!! Did you not read what I posted!!!!!!!!!!! I came to work everyday, I gave a shit about the quality, I tried to hold people accountable, I complained about slack asses. And guess what not a god damn thing was done about none of it. There were a lot of us at NAP that felt this way, but it seemed were we the minority. If it wasn't management turning a blind eye it was the union. I've earned the right to compain if you don't like what I'm typing then put me on your ignore list, cause quite frankly I don't give a fuck what you think of me.

Here's a PRIME fucking example of what I was talking about!!! A UAW SCREWING!!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL FUCKING!!!!

Edited by uRfk9AcDfo9Wui

That's what the fuck I did!!! Did you not read what I posted!!!!!!!!!!! I came to work everyday, I gave a shit about the quality, I tried to hold people accountable, I complained about slack asses. And guess what not a god damn thing was done about none of it. There were a lot of us at NAP that felt this way, but it seemed were we the minority. If it wasn't management turning a blind eye it was the union. I've earned the right to compain if you don't like what I'm typing then put me on your ignore list, cause quite frankly I don't give a fuck what you think of me.

You are so cute when you are angry!

I agree, but it still start at the top with management and UAW, if they follow the rules and contract that are in place, we would hear and see less of the things you mention, if the rules continue to be made up, change and broken as they go along...then we will continue to see all the things you wrote about go on in the plants. I've seen a lot of employees fighting for our rights and working to make a differance, so if you look down the line and see or hear someone with a loud voice, that doesn't always mean they are B or whining, some employees are just trying to get management and union to do the right thing.

I agree, but it still start at the top with management and UAW, if they follow the rules and contract that are in place, we would hear and see less of the things you mention, if the rules continue to be made up, change and broken as they go along...then we will continue to see all the things you wrote about go on in the plants. I've seen a lot of employees fighting for our rights and working to make a differance, so if you look down the line and see or hear someone with a loud voice, that doesn't always mean they are B or whining, some employees are just trying to get management and union to do the right thing.

EXACTLY!!!!

The cure for Ford is to continue to bring out cars that the buying public wants. The Fusion and Edge are good examples. Actually, I didn't think the Edge would do well but I'm very glad it is.

Market share can be regained by bringing out these new products and then in turn, keeping them fresh like our competitors do. First we stabilize and then we grow.

When September comes, we will most assuredly be asked for concessions. I'm not overly concerned as the UAW will limit the givebacks I believe. You will see a true two-tier wage system as well as future workers having a 401K versus a pension. I'd like to see the UAW and Ford agree on what each year of service is worth in funding a 401K plan as I'd give up my pension for an appropriately funded 401K.

If is wasn't for complainers, B and whinners management and the union would get away with all their lies. I also come to work everyday, I give them my all, I deserve every dollar I make, I give them 8-10 hrs of quality work, I'm never going to feel like the company and UAW are doing all the giving and not receiving.

Hey, It sounds like you have a voice and you care so why give up now? Because it is easy? If you raise hell loud enough and LONG enough, "hey this is wrong," you will eventually draw supporters of your cause, our cause. We cannot give up because we THINK no one is listening. The guys who fought for the things we have now, do you thank they gave up so easy? Do you think they are going to stand up and fight once again? HELL NO! They are all retired and in disgust because we are not able to stand on our on legs and fight another day for ourselves. It is easier to sit on the side lines and hope someone will do it for us. You sound strong, stand up and fight. Make the change that you want to see happen. Thats what we all need to do, stick together. If you make a stand your brothers and sisters will thank you, your family will thank you and I will thank you. In one voice let's stand together.

I guess I'm missing the part where you have some valid suggestions on how to cure the UAW and Ford. I don't know anyone who hired in with the thought of going awol or building crappy vehicles, just the opposite yet Ford does have a way of busting almost everyones good attitude in time. I also don't see where people are building bad vehicles, look at some of the vehicles we are building. The Ranger still has some water and wind issues that they solved in the f-series years ago through re-engineering, is that our fault? You advocate voting out the people in the union who we feel are selling us out but I don't remember having the opportunity to vote for out International President... when did that happen? I have seen people advocate that we switch unions, I have advocated it myself, but I have never seen anyone advocate to eliminate them, where did you get that?

I'll wait to see you present some real ideas.

PS what do you know about New Directions?

Edited by DSenstad

I guess I'm missing the part where you have some valid suggestions on how to cure the UAW and Ford. I don't know anyone who hired in with the thought of going awol or building crappy vehicles, just the opposite yet Ford does have a way of busting almost everyones good attitude in time. I also don't see where people are building bad vehicles, look at some of the vehicles we are building. The Ranger still has some water and wind issues that they solved in the f-series years ago through re-engineering, is that our fault? You advocate voting out the people in the union who we feel are selling us out but I don't remember having the opportunity to vote for out International President... when did that happen? I have seen people advocate that we switch unions, I have advocated it myself, but I have never seen anyone advocate to eliminate them, where did you get that?

Sounds like you obviously have not listened to anyone.

You advocate voting out the people in the union who we feel are selling us out but I don't remember having the opportunity to vote for out International President... when did that happen? I have seen people advocate that we switch unions, I have advocated it myself, but I have never seen anyone advocate to eliminate them, where did you get that?

Dsen,

Cause most of them haven't figured out yet that they are between a rock, (the company) and a hard place.(the UAW) Both entities are either needing to take things from the members, or negotiating away stuff to get more members, AKA.....dues.

We all have our opinion of the company, now don't we. And if you ask virtually anyone who works for, did work for, or is retired from Ford Motor, they will tell you it is about the bottomline; nothing more, nothing less. How they achieve that goal is up for debate, but that is what they are in it for.

Now ask the same people about the UAW, lol. The views will go from parasites, to the reincarnation of Jesus Himself.

How can that be?

Simple really! How much you personally need the UAW, dictates what ya think of their performance recently. Think about that, cause it is fact. (of course, if you are are rep, they are probably wonderful) If you believe that you would never have had close to your wages for your work, then you love the union. If you think you never woulda got in your position unless it was based on seniority, then you love the union.

On the other hand, if you believe you have been denied opportunity because of incessant rules and back room deals, you are not happy with the UAW. If you wince when your union rep is forced to protect a deadbeat while said deadbeat basically is smiling and telling the company to go to hell, you probably dislike them somewhat too.

And finally, if you are in a quandry wondering how you can be considered smart enough, and important enough to vote for the president of the most powerful country the world has ever known, and yet can't vote for the leader of a shrinking, Mickey Mouse union, then you my brothers and sisters have without revisiting your classes from school, just rediscovered the difference between a dictatorship/and/or/communism, as opposed to a free republic/and/or/democracy.

Guess which one is which. We'll give three guesses, and the first two don't count, lolololol!!!!!!!!!

Yes brothers and sisters, even if Gettlefumbler does everything everyone wants, the fact remains you belong to a DICTATORSHIP because if you ever want to remove him through vote, you can't. If any local dares to stand up to him, guess what happens.

I am with Dsen, time for a change of unions to one you have some control over, instead of the current status where they exert total control over you, and besides quitting, you have no alternative.

Sounds like you obviously have not listened to anyone.

Perhaps I have listened for so long that now I have learned to know the difference between when someone is speaking and when someone is simply moving their lips. I have read all 3 of your moving pieces on here and am ready for you to really say something.

Now, I repeat, can you tell me anything about New Directions?

Ima, good to read you again.

I am of the opinion that my local union does what it can with what it has. They are obligated to fight for the parasites that the company hires... go figure. Because of this I don't begrudge them for doing their job. I don't feel the International in anyway represents the people any longer. Check this out, if you remember last year when everyone was saying we would not have GEN I said we would, why? Because they would need the union dues. I don't feel anything we get from them is because it is good for us, I feel it somehow works itself right back to them. They can't totally sell us down the river since I believe they probably have family that works in the plants... thank God for nepotism.

Ford Motor Company is its own worst enemy. They are so afraid of making a mistake that they will not allow the people to do their jobs. Every decision has to be sent up the ladder to be discussed and made. When our local union does the companies job for them and show them how to save money it still takes several months as the company has to send it up the latter to be examined to see how we are screwing them. Then after months of continued waste they finally agree but they come back and say "What are you willing to give up if we give you this?" The company is so stupid and greedy that when you give them a golden egg they act as if they are doing you a favor. Then they turn around and say "This is your company, it is up to you all to help save it". Do they really think we are so simple that we can't see through there antics? That was a rhetorical question, so I expect our new village clown to respond to naturally. Later

Perhaps I have listened for so long that now I have learned to know the difference between when someone is speaking and when someone is simply moving their lips. I have read all 3 of your moving pieces on here and am ready for you to really say something.

Now, I repeat, can you tell me anything about New Directions?

Ima, good to read you again.

I am of the opinion that my local union does what it can with what it has. They are obligated to fight for the parasites that the company hires... go figure. Because of this I don't begrudge them for doing their job. I don't feel the International in anyway represents the people any longer. Check this out, if you remember last year when everyone was saying we would not have GEN I said we would, why? Because they would need the union dues. I don't feel anything we get from them is because it is good for us, I feel it somehow works itself right back to them. They can't totally sell us down the river since I believe they probably have family that works in the plants... thank God for nepotism.

Ford Motor Company is its own worst enemy. They are so afraid of making a mistake that they will not allow the people to do their jobs. Every decision has to be sent up the ladder to be discussed and made. When our local union does the companies job for them and show them how to save money it still takes several months as the company has to send it up the latter to be examined to see how we are screwing them. Then after months of continued waste they finally agree but they come back and say "What are you willing to give up if we give you this?" The company is so stupid and greedy that when you give them a golden egg they act as if they are doing you a favor. Then they turn around and say "This is your company, it is up to you all to help save it". Do they really think we are so simple that we can't see through there antics? That was a rhetorical question, so I expect our new village clown to respond to naturally. Later

Im not sure which "New Directions" are you refering to? The New Directions which is funded by the Ford Foundation or simply the bar down the road. What are you refering to?

Change is coming, and a lot of people are not going to like what they see. Just remember, for those of you who like to work three days a week, abuse medical or slack off: There are companies that bid to Ford for running their body shops, paint departments and final areas. You think clean-up replacement was just a gimme? They looked at what they spent versus what they received in value. Is what you are doing adding value? Just watch the next round of FPS training, you'll see soon enough. If we don't take FULL control and run with it, we will have to accept whatever they give us (and we'll deserve it because we didn't take control). If you are not sure what to do to help, stand up and ask.

Change is coming, and a lot of people are not going to like what they see. Just remember, for those of you who like to work three days a week, abuse medical or slack off: There are companies that bid to Ford for running their body shops, paint departments and final areas. You think clean-up replacement was just a gimme? They looked at what they spent versus what they received in value. Is what you are doing adding value? Just watch the next round of FPS training, you'll see soon enough. If we don't take FULL control and run with it, we will have to accept whatever they give us (and we'll deserve it because we didn't take control). If you are not sure what to do to help, stand up and ask.

Sad, but so true.

I think the whole arguement in this thread is one of work ethics. I go to work everyday and have not missed unless it was beyond my control. I work hard and do my job to the best of my ability. I don't do this for Ford's sake. When a business hires they don't do it because they wish to pay an additional person. They hire because they have a job that needs to be done. So if I am given a job I try to perform to expected levels (that's not saying let them bury you in work). I come to work everyday because They depend on me. I'm part of a team. If i didn't go then they have to pay someone else to do my job. I don't try to get out of work or pass the buck. I'm not trying to sit on my ass and get paid for it. At the end of the day I go home with the satisfaction of knowing I've earned my wages (A fair days work for a fair days pay). This is the way I have always been. Ford or no Ford. We cannot expect someone to pay us and render no services. If you where paying someone to perform a job for you and, the work was not getting done what would you do?

Edited by Furious1Auto