2006 or 2007 mustang?

yamahaR1

You can install seat heaters on the existing seats.

And who searches "all over" for Mustang parts? Make one post on any forum worth it's salt, and you should get your answer within the hour.

You don't seem to get the picture. YOU want heated seats. YOU want a compass in your mirror. Ford can't cater to YOU. Ford has to provide a car for the 200,000 people that buy Mustangs every year. That's why we have limited options and option packages, but a very low sticker price.

Again, maybe Ford will be interested in adding bling to a future special edition, and I honestly think it would sell well, but for now, sales are doing just fine. Even if they are "slipping", they're only dropping to where Ford anticipated sales for model year 2005 would be; which is still pretty darn good.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can install seat heaters on the existing seats.

And who searches "all over" for Mustang parts? Make one post on any forum worth it's salt, and you should get your answer within the hour.

You don't seem to get the picture. YOU want heated seats. YOU want a compass in your mirror. Ford can't cater to YOU. Ford has to provide a car for the 200,000 people that buy Mustangs every year. That's why we have limited options and option packages, but a very low sticker price.

Again, maybe Ford will be interested in adding bling to a future special edition, and I honestly think it would sell well, but for now, sales are doing just fine. Even if they are "slipping", they're only dropping to where Ford anticipated sales for model year 2005 would be; which is still pretty darn good.

Ok, bama, I hear you, but I think you are crazy if you think if I am the only one who would want these things. Maybe I will start my own mustang site and take a poll or something :D Try to tell me the same thing this time next year when they still have virtually the same car as the '05, hate to be able to say told you so, but I would be willing to bet they will lose sales because of it, especially in the V-6 "rental car" trying to be a mustang, it will need lot of sales help, like it already seems to need now. Oh wait, there is always the last resort of incentives...isn't that where the pandora's box was opened by GM with the other two following like puppies? Hey, here is a thought, maybe instead of cutting down the sales strategy of Acura or Lexus, maybe Ford should take some note here, since last time I checked, Toyota is poised to be the #1 car company in the world. Right, I forgot, everything is fine and they are not trying to build a world class car, sorry for being so smug, just dissappointed in Ford, as usual. I love my '05 Expediton though,,,,,,,good day. Oh, almost forgot, bama, installing seat heaters in my seat sounds like something that sounds good as you are looking at it on the web, and when you realize it was a bad idea, you need two new seats.

Edited by yamahaR1

I believe there are a bunch of us who would like a Lincoln version of Mustang. And for my taste....forget the fake scoops, gaudy stripes, and non functional wing. And give me the HID head lights, memory seats pedals and mirrors, nicer interior, green rear view, built in door openers, etc. I'm maybe ready to pay a litle more than the targeted Mustang buyer. So I'm one of those who probably won't buy another Mustang. But will most likely remain a Ford buyer.

Edited by Ralph Greene

Ummm - I didn't have to search all through 'Kingdom Hell' to add to the car what I did.......

And second, there are plenty of people running V6s at the track.

"And give me the HID head lights, memory seats pedals and mirrors, nicer interior, green rear view, built in door openers, etc. I'm maybe ready to pay a litle more than the targeted Mustang buyer. "

Buy a Saleen or a Roush - that's exactly what they are there for.

Ummm - I didn't have to search all through 'Kingdom Hell' to add to the car what I did.......

And second, there are plenty of people running V6s at the track.

"And give me the HID head lights, memory seats pedals and mirrors, nicer interior, green rear view, built in door openers, etc. I'm maybe ready to pay a litle more than the targeted Mustang buyer. "

Buy a Saleen or a Roush - that's exactly what they are there for.

Saleen's and Roush have the wrong engine. And add a lot of the fake weight adding stick on stuff I don't like.

Edited by Ralph Greene

THE WRONG ENGINE?

Oh please explain this to me..........

HELLO - its the stock engine.

I know exactly which engines are in what.

For a good while (Since 96), Ford's premium Mustangs have used the 4 valve engine. During this time, the Saleens and Roush's used the 2 valve engine. (I am aware Saleen did make a few 4 valve cars) 05 and 06 GT's use the work horse 3 valve engine. The Shelby GT 500 will again use a 4 valve engine. I suspect future specialty Mustang engines wil again use some version of a 4 valve, whether 4.6 or 5.4. The 4 valve 4.6 with more technology can be moved into the 350 HP range easily for production models and future specialty models. The Roush's and Saleens....to me....are just marketing exercises with some suspension mods, and some blower mods for even more upscale models, to capture the "Bling" market....with Ford reserving the higher output (in stock form) engines for themselves.

BTW I also know how to make a lot of power from the 2 valve and 3 valve engines. But they aren't the premium engines.

Edited by Ralph Greene

Personaly, I'm glad FORD kept the mustang on the low end. Brings the average paid person into the mix. They wouldn't sell near as many Mustangs if the price was upted $5,000 to $7,000 for the added bling. You can always put the stuff you want on the vehicle later.

There is no way the stuff I was talking about would cost $5,000 - $7,000. Are you also on Ford's payroll? Open your eyes up man, I am just seeing the future when the car will need help because it is the same model for like 2 or 3 years. I am betting the things I was asking for would be less than $2,000, maybe less than $1500. Correct me if I am wrong, doesn't Ford get a deal if they buy a lot of parts at the same time? So, maybe they could put some options on the car cheaper than you could time you pay shipping and taxes and stuff. If you have to pay someone labor to do something that is over your head, that will really add up. Like I said, I hate to say I told you so when the sales slip. I just want to be excited about the car. Guess what, the competition is getting their mustang competition ready, so you cannot count on having no competition any more soon.

My 3 valve made 312 at the crank in stock form, and it wouldn't take much at all to get 350.

Huh....How did you measure crank HP? And 4.6 4 valves can easily make 400 HP with direct injection and V V T technology, but doubt if production models will advertise that high or be factory tuned to that level.

I'm niot knocking your Mustang GT with 3 valve engine, just stating that it is the mass production hi volume standard model. The specialty models will have more power and lower production numbers....and higher price tags (except for maybe the CS).

Huh....How did you measure crank HP? And 4.6 4 valves can easily make 400 HP with direct injection and V V T technology, but doubt if production models will advertise that high or be factory tuned to that level.

I'm niot knocking your Mustang GT with 3 valve engine, just stating that it is the mass production hi volume standard model. The specialty models will have more power and lower production numbers....and higher price tags (except for maybe the CS).

I'm sorry, I was looking at the wrong numbers.

The car made 265.89 rwhp in absolulte stock form on a DynoJet with an SAE smoothing factor of 5. Assuming 15% drivetrain loss (which I verified through a 4.6L enginer who worked on the Mustang engine), that's 305.7735 horsepower at the engine. I was off by 7 horsepower.

Edited by Bama GT

Options & sticker price killed the F-Body, cheap power with standard options kept the Mustang alive. Ever wonder why the Mustang outsold the F-body twins for years? Because most Mustang buyers aren't looking for heated seats and fancy do-dads. They want a performance car they can afford that looks good in the driveway or at the track. V6's are traditionally the "kids" cars as far as daily drivers go, because they are cheaper and you can still mod them to go reasonably fast and keep the insurance affordable on a part time job. Mustangs have surpassed the standard daily driver car status. So, they dont come with all the luxo options-good. Then they get fat, slow and over loaded with junk, like the Transams did before they went the way of the do-do. If you want a Lincoln, buy a Lincoln. My Mustangs (2 of them) are not daily drivers-they don't suit me as a DD. I have a Subaru Baja as a DD because it is the most versitle vehicle I've ever had. It's a car, it's a truck, it gets good gas mileage and can haul stuff (including drywall). Now that's a vehicle I wish Ford would make a version of-with some PR behind it, you'd see Bajas everywhere.

There is no way the stuff I was talking about would cost $5,000 - $7,000. Are you also on Ford's payroll? Open your eyes up man, I am just seeing the future when the car will need help because it is the same model for like 2 or 3 years. I am betting the things I was asking for would be less than $2,000, maybe less than $1500. Correct me if I am wrong, doesn't Ford get a deal if they buy a lot of parts at the same time? So, maybe they could put some options on the car cheaper than you could time you pay shipping and taxes and stuff. If you have to pay someone labor to do something that is over your head, that will really add up. Like I said, I hate to say I told you so when the sales slip. I just want to be excited about the car. Guess what, the competition is getting their mustang competition ready, so you cannot count on having no competition any more soon.

I totally agree. It is disappointing that Ford doesn't offer a lot of the creature comforts that are standard on some of the foreign cars. But on the other hand, creature comforts is not what the Mustang was ever about. Speed and fun is what the Mustang has always been known for.

Which is again why the Cougar should be brought back as an upscale Mustang and offer a lot of what you are talking about. Truthfully, although I miss my Mustangs power and sense of fun, now that I have driven a Thunderbird for a few years that has a lot of options you are talking about, it would be very, very hard for me to forgo those things and return to a stripped down car like the Mustang. Which is why I am waiting to see if a more upscale Cougar or a Lincoln version comes back in the next few years.

I agree the Mustang needs to remain an "affordable" car. Price and fun are what it is about.

I'm also not sure if the crowd (including me) who wants more upscale features in their cars, really likes retro styling. I can say for sure, the current Mustang styling is getting old to me in a hurry and I really liked the car when it came out. But am sure Ford will do a good job keeping it interesting. There is a lot they can do with engines (both smaller and larger than current engines), transmissions, and even eventually offer IRS in some driving models.

I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see a turbo version of the 3.5 engine and IRS. Possibilities are almost unlimited.

I agree the Mustang needs to remain an "affordable" car. Price and fun are what it is about.

I'm also not sure if the crowd (including me) who wants more upscale features in their cars, really likes retro styling. I can say for sure, the current Mustang styling is getting old to me in a hurry and I really liked the car when it came out. But am sure Ford will do a good job keeping it interesting. There is a lot they can do with engines (both smaller and larger than current engines), transmissions, and even eventually offer IRS in some driving models.

I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see a turbo version of the 3.5 engine and IRS. Possibilities are almost unlimited.

I didn't care for it as much as I thought I would when it came out. I like some retro cars-the fourty nine was hot-but the new stang is kinda blah-it doesn't have the presence the previous years had. It seems to be selling well though, so someone must like it!

R1, with all due respect, its obvious youre really not a Mustang enthusiast. Go buy the rice burner, thats youre perogative. You obsess about horsepower numbers.... horsepower alone a good sports car does not make! All I know is when I drive my Torch Red 06 GT on the sreet, EVERYONE knows its a Mustang! No need to look at the badge to see if its an Acura, Honda, Lexus, or whatever. I was a kid when the classic Mustangs roamed the streets, and now Im finally an owner at age 54! Im very proud to drive my GT as I truley believe that it is a MODERN CLASSIC with a heritage that is unparalled by any of the Jap cars! I peronally dont give a hoot if the japs or Dodge or Chevy puts 500 horsepower in their cars,as opposed to my 300 HP.......Theyre NOT A MUSTANG! No offense R1, to each his own, But maybe youd be better served at a jap car website....

R1, with all due respect, its obvious youre really not a Mustang enthusiast. Go buy the rice burner, thats youre perogative. You obsess about horsepower numbers.... horsepower alone a good sports car does not make! All I know is when I drive my Torch Red 06 GT on the sreet, EVERYONE knows its a Mustang! No need to look at the badge to see if its an Acura, Honda, Lexus, or whatever. I was a kid when the classic Mustangs roamed the streets, and now Im finally an owner at age 54! Im very proud to drive my GT as I truley believe that it is a MODERN CLASSIC with a heritage that is unparalled by any of the Jap cars! I peronally dont give a hoot if the japs or Dodge or Chevy puts 500 horsepower in their cars,as opposed to my 300 HP.......Theyre NOT A MUSTANG! No offense R1, to each his own, But maybe youd be better served at a jap car website....

^^^^^ And example of why Detroit is in trouble.

Now I agree, Mustang was never meant to be a luxury car and many of the options he is looking for just aren't meant to be put on it. But instead of making statements such as "go buy a Jap car, your not a Mustang enthusiast" what people should be doing instead is demanding that Mercury or Lincoln produce an upscale Mustang baseed vehicle that does offer both the HP and creature comforts.

I am a Mustang enthusiast but have advanced on to also wanting a lot of the options he mentioned as well as the hp. And I want good old American muscle, not a rice burner. The option - at this point a 4 door Charger, which I don't want a 4 door and is not available as a 'vert, which is a must for me.

As far as a Mercury or Lincoln based S197 taking sales away from Mustang, it might but it would be minimal. It might also bring over some of us who want an upscale pony car as well.

Just my .02 cents.

Edited by 96 Pony

R1, with all due respect, its obvious youre really not a Mustang enthusiast.

With all due respect, you are a moron. As I have already posted, I have owned 2 mustangs, ('98 v6, '01 GT) so I guess that makes me twice the enthusiast that you are, because you have only owned 1. I have owned American cars all my life. I grew up in Michigan brainwashed by the "tiny" 3. As I have traveled the US, and world for the matter, I have realized that there are lots of cars making around 300 hp that are loaded with more of the options that I want. At this point I am looking for a second car. I own an '05 Ford Expedition Sport. I would like to park a new Mustang next to it, but I am not interested in having a car that is basically the same for 3 years or more. I don't care for the overpriced Rousch, or Saleen. This mustang will need help in sales if they don't make any changes next year, mark my words. Nuff said, I was done with this topic, until moron put his two cents in. Old age does not always make people wise I guess.

With all due respect, you are a moron. As I have already posted, I have owned 2 mustangs, ('98 v6, '01 GT) so I guess that makes me twice the enthusiast that you are, because you have only owned 1. I have owned American cars all my life. I grew up in Michigan brainwashed by the "tiny" 3. As I have traveled the US, and world for the matter, I have realized that there are lots of cars making around 300 hp that are loaded with more of the options that I want. At this point I am looking for a second car. I own an '05 Ford Expedition Sport. I would like to park a new Mustang next to it, but I am not interested in having a car that is basically the same for 3 years or more. I don't care for the overpriced Rousch, or Saleen. This mustang will need help in sales if they don't make any changes next year, mark my words. Nuff said, I was done with this topic, until moron put his two cents in. Old age does not always make people wise I guess.

Anybody out there missed YamahaR1's wish for a Camrystang?

Anybody out there missed YamahaR1's wish for a Camrystang?

There has already been a lot of people just on this post who have agreed with me. That means that there are even more people who agree with me who don't look at this forum. Use your head, people buying the same cars that I am looking at vs. the mustang could be mustang buyers. These cars are no longer flying off the lots anymore, what happens when it is the same car again next year. I started this post by asking if they are going to put a real Special Edition out next year. If not, maybe they would add some cool things like body colored mirrors and heated leather seats. It is called the evolution of a model 3 years after it was introduced. I am not looking for a camry moron. I want some gadgets to keep me happy in the car, I want some comparible bling to other cars in this price range and horsepower range. People like you blind to what is happening in the automobile industry are why we will never regain the top spots again. Pathetic, just like the heads of the "tiny" 3 american auto companies. Maybe I will look towards the acura, lexus, or infiniti after all, people buying all those foreign cars must know something that you guys don't?

There has already been a lot of people just on this post who have agreed with me. That means that there are even more people who agree with me who don't look at this forum. Use your head, people buying the same cars that I am looking at vs. the mustang could be mustang buyers. These cars are no longer flying off the lots anymore, what happens when it is the same car again next year. I started this post by asking if they are going to put a real Special Edition out next year. If not, maybe they would add some cool things like body colored mirrors and heated leather seats. It is called the evolution of a model 3 years after it was introduced. I am not looking for a camry moron. I want some gadgets to keep me happy in the car, I want some comparible bling to other cars in this price range and horsepower range. People like you blind to what is happening in the automobile industry are why we will never regain the top spots again. Pathetic, just like the heads of the "tiny" 3 american auto companies. Maybe I will look towards the acura, lexus, or infiniti after all, people buying all those foreign cars must know something that you guys don't?

I drive an 06 Mustang. My wife has an 04 Infiniti G35 with the sports suspension, etc. I am fairly sure the G35 looks hasn't changed since it came out in three or four years ago (one of your main requirements). The dash is an absolute mess of chicklet buttons (major gadgets) and cheap plastic. It has a uncorrectable throttle-by-wire problem which causes a major hesitation when accelerating. Check the boards on this.

You certainly won't have to push this moron out of the way at an Infiniti dealer to buy this painted mirror, bling machine.

I drive an 06 Mustang. My wife has an 04 Infiniti G35 with the sports suspension, etc. I am fairly sure the G35 looks hasn't changed since it came out in three or four years ago (one of your main requirements). The dash is an absolute mess of chicklet buttons (major gadgets) and cheap plastic. It has a uncorrectable throttle-by-wire problem which causes a major hesitation when accelerating. Check the boards on this.

You certainly won't have to push this moron out of the way at an Infiniti dealer to buy this painted mirror, bling machine.

I don't know much about the infinity, thanks for the info. I can't find any problems on the web with the current model coupe. Does your wife have the sedan or coupe? It looks pretty sharp, and 300 hp from a v6, wow. I think I am more interested in the acura tl or the lexus IS350 though. What about the nissan 350Z. Isn't that just the same as the infinity? I have always been a mustang guy, but lately, I am not sure what the powers that be are doing keeping the car the same for so long. I do love the mustang, but I don't want to see that car get "old" very soon by Ford not keeping it fresh. Just my take, I am close to deciding on my next car though, thanks for everyone's input.