Gasoline has passed $3.00 a gallon

i can see you are just a typical bush hater. has there been another attack in our country since 9/11? thats whats hes done. if we were to get attacked again, then i will say that he hasnt done anything

It's not being a hater. Give me facts to what "he" has done. I've seen many instances where funding has been cut, less and less is being inspected. On one hand you say that is what he has done and on the other you say

everyone needs to step up and watch for suspicious activity. yes, if not for the video store guy, it probably would of happened. thats why we are americans, thats why we live in the greatest country in the world. because we can make a difference
. Yet you give him all the credit saying he is our savior.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bushs trade agreements suck too so there ya go, our little arguemental discussion turned in to agreeing. it is about "us"..... wether dem or rep, they need to focus on the country as a whole, and whats best for it, not just on making thierselves look good.

Agreed. Just always remember that though. So many times people say this then when you ask them about a candidate they say they would never vote for them because of what side they are labeled. They don't even take a true look at what they are about. I'd vote for a guy who legally immigrates from mars if he was going to do his job how he is supposed to.

Agreed. Just always remember that though. So many times people say this then when you ask them about a candidate they say they would never vote for them because of what side they are labeled. They don't even take a true look at what they are about. I'd vote for a guy who legally immigrates from mars if he was going to do his job how he is supposed to.

Yeh, most don't even care to become informed. The get their political view points from Jay Leno's monolog and, The View with Rosie O'Donnel!

Edited by Furious1Auto

ok smart ass, how about impeaching bush. there is a start

And many a dumb ass says just that. He is not a saint but the so called "law makers" in the house and senate do more damage that any seated president. It's ok to dislike the guy but get real. The current republicans are like a condom with a hole in it and the democrats are just a rim of a condom with the rest missing. Both are doing nothing in the working class persons interest. You do have to choose between the two and I will never trust any liberal to run our nations defense.

cashed A LOT of 12 hour 7 day a week checks under Clinton to! I would rather do that then get a fucking rebate check!

id rather cash those checks as well, but i honestly dont think that clinton had anything to do with us working overtime. besides, we are working MANDATORY saturdays and sundays as we speak, but its not because of clinton.............or bush for that matter, its because we are behind on production. everything, good or bad that happens at ones job, is blamed on the president for some reason or another.

i can see you are just a typical bush hater. has there been another attack in our country since 9/11? thats whats hes done. if we were to get attacked again, then i will say that he hasnt done anything

But what you seemed to have missed in the last 7yrs is Bush and his buddies cut spending for border and port security, so are we safer not by a long shot. Under Clinton we x-rayed over 10% under Bush we are down to less then 5% and thats straight out of the 911 commision report, whiched warned about the cutting of funding that by the redumblican when there where running the show.

But what you seemed to have missed in the last 7yrs is Bush and his buddies cut spending for border and port security, so are we safer not by a long shot. Under Clinton we x-rayed over 10% under Bush we are down to less then 5% and thats straight out of the 911 commision report, whiched warned about the cutting of funding that by the redumblican when there where running the show.

I'd like to know where your getting you figures!

All posts that lead too a subject about anything referring to the Republicans and Democrats, always get more arguments then any other subjects on this forum. You can write replies until hell freezes over but you will never win any argument about the parties, because both are CLOWNS. I have never felt so unsure about the world or a republican president until Bush came along, he will go down in history as being the worst president ever, his own party has distance themselves from him. :finger:

I called this before the mid-term elections. I Did not need crystal ball for this prediction either.

Gas has dropped $.02 or $.03 a day here it is now down to $2.98. Funny how it jumped up no less then $.13 at a time yet it always trickles back down. Three steps forward and two steps back, so you can be thankful it dropped yet it is still higher then it was a month ago.

Edited by Captamrica

Oil companies profit approx 8 cents on a gallon of gas. Federal, State and local taxes account for approx 50 cents a gallon at the present price, who's making more?

As for tax reform it was just reported that the US Gov took in it's largest haul in history, approx 70 billion for the month of April. Me personally I am paying less but it seems more are paying across the board.

I was working for Uncle Sam (USMM) during the Clinton years and even though many here claim vast fortunes made during his term The Merchant Mariners Unions took some of the hardest hits and we all took major pay cuts. Our funding was also cut resulting in no on station tanker in the Red Sea to refuel ships passing through or working in the area, you know the rest of that story.

All posts that lead too a subject about anything referring to the Republicans and Democrats, always get more arguments then any other subjects on this forum. You can write replies until hell freezes over but you will never win any argument about the parties, because both are CLOWNS. I have never felt so unsure about the world or a republican president until Bush came along, he will go down in history as being the worst president ever, his own party has distance themselves from him. :finger:

G.O.P. Moderates Warn Bush Iraq Must Show Gains

Moderate Republicans gave President Bush a blunt warning on his Iraq policy at a private White House meeting this week, telling the president that conditions needed to improve markedly by fall or more Republicans would desert him on the war.

Right-Wing Blocks Funding For Port Security, Disaster Preparedness

Moments ago, the House of Representatives narrowly defeated an amendment proposed by Rep. Martin Sabo (D-MN) that would have provided $1.25 billion in desperately needed funding for port security and disaster preparedness. The Sabo amendment included:

– $300 million to enable U.S. customs agents to inspect high-risk containers at all 140 overseas ports that ship directly to the United States. Current funding only allows U.S. customs agents to operate at 43 of these ports.

– $400 million to place radiation monitors at all U.S. ports of entry. Currently, less than half of U.S. ports have radiation monitors.

– $300 million to provide backup emergency communications equipment for the Gulf Coast.

Senate Plan Cuts Security Funding for Big Cities
Major cities that compete fiercely for annual counterterror funding face a $12 million cut next year under a spending plan approved by a Senate panel Thursday.

The proposed funding drop follows bitter protests from the two cities targeted in the 9/11 terror attacks after the Homeland Security Department last month slashed their annual share by 40 percent.

The Senate Appropriations Committee also agreed to delay requirements for passports or other secure documents from travelers — including Americans — entering the U.S. from Canada or Mexico until June 2009.

I've been trying to locate this info and have been unsucessful. What I don't understand is why The democratic polotitians are focusing so hard on the Iraq war and not on Bush's free trade policies unless, they agree! If my assumption is correct than Repulicans hate unions openly and, democrats say they like us just to take donations from us. Neighter side has passed signifigant legislation to enpower unions. It seems the list of "right to work" states continues to grow making it impossible to have a closed shop! Down south and, out west it seem as though unions have diminished almost completely! What a bunch of treasonus scumbags, they've turned on the hard working men and women who drive this country. Both Dem's and Rep's.

Edited by Furious1Auto

I've been trying to locate this info and have been unsucessful. What I don't understand is why The democratic polotitians are focusing so hard on the Iraq war and not on Bush's free trade policies unless, they agree! If my assumption is correct than Repulicans hate unions openly and, democrats say they like us just to take donations from us. Neighter side has passed signifigant legislation to enpower unions. It seems the list of "right to work" states continues to grow making it impossible to have a closed shop! Down south and, out west it seem as though unions have diminished almost completely! What a bunch of treasonus scumbags, they've turned on the hard working men and women who drive this country. Both Dem's and Rep's.

And the worst part is the union endorses and tell's it's members to vote for the same people that sold the American worker down the river! Can you say Heinz Ketchup!

My other favorite one comes from a guy who claims to be for the working man and lower income earners claiming healthcare costs are too high after building a 50 odd thousand sq ft home with the money he earned sueing the medical industry! hmmm I wonder who paid for that?

Ross Perot predicted it and he was right. I miss that little Tolkien character.

And the worst part is the union endorses and tell's it's members to vote for the same people that sold the American worker down the river! Can you say Heinz Ketchup!

My other favorite one comes from a guy who claims to be for the working man and lower income earners claiming healthcare costs are too high after building a 50 odd thousand sq ft home with the money he earned sueing the medical industry! hmmm I wonder who paid for that?

Ross Perot predicted it and he was right. I miss that little Tolkien character.

That's just like the argument that some illegal aleins are paying taxes or want to pay taxes. That's great if their tax money is going to subsidize the income of the American citizen that they just put out of work! It's definatly a motivation for the government "not to enforce" imigration laws. If their is to be comprihensive imigration reform that's fair then it must be based on the number of unemployed American citizens. We need a National Registry simular to the census report, to calculate a nearly accurate number of people who are unemployed in this country. You can't look at the number of people collecting unemployment because it does not reflect people who's benefits have expired or, people not working who's employer has screwed them out of unemployment! If a certain % of Americans are unemployed then stop issueing work visa's. For this to work we first have to secure our borders and, take an asessment!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Here's a good video about immigration. It is worth the 14 mins. Alot of facts about the numbers and effects on the labor market and middle class society.

Immigration_by_the_Numbers

Roy Beck's celebrated demonstration of the population consequences of current U.S. immigration policies has entertained and shocked ... all » audiences across the country. This video is packed with the facts and analysis that make moral and practical sense of a complex and highly contentious issue.

Here's a good video about immigration. It is worth the 14 mins. Alot of facts about the numbers and effects on the labor market and middle class society.

Immigration_by_the_Numbers

The only portion of the video that I found a dicrepency with was the statement "congress has done this inadvertantly". They have allowed this and contiue to allow this because, Companies that pay less for labor have more money to contribute to campaigns for elections! We're being sold out! When we suggest strike the first response is , "Do you know how many people their are in this country that would line up to do your job for half as much?" And if not for the union then our wages would never have reached these levels. From my perspective, auto manufacturing and city jobs are the only blue collar jobs that have kept pace with the cost of living. It would seem that this is all about to change though. God bless us in sept!

Edited by Furious1Auto

The only portion of the video that I found a dicrepency with was the statement "congress has done this inadvertantly".

Have to agree with that. It is pretty amazing when you really look at the numbers that nothing is being done and the American people are ignorant enough to let it happen.

The Temperamental Minimum Wage

On Jan. 10, the House of Representatives voted to raise the minimum wage from $5.15 to $7.25 per hour. Their bill, for the first time, extended the federal minimum wage to the U.S. territory of the Northern Mariana Islands, but it exempted American Samoa, another U.S. Pacific Ocean territory. American Samoa would have been the only U.S. territory not subject to the federal minimum wage. If increases in the minimum wage, like my 650 fellow economists claim, are so helpful to low-wage workers, why deprive Samoan workers from the benefits? Are Speaker Pelosi and my fellow economists anti-Samoan?

StarKist Tuna, whose parent company is Del Monte, and Chicken of the Sea employ nearly 50 percent of the Samoan workforce. Samoan cannery workers earn about $3.50 an hour. I'll give you one guess what would happen if the minimum wage were raised to $7.25 an hour. Here's a hint: The average cannery wage in Thailand is 67 cents an hour, and in the Philippines, it's 66 cents. If you guessed that StarKist and Chicken of the Sea might move their operations to Thailand or the Philippines, go to the head of the class. Perhaps Speaker Pelosi agrees that mandating a higher wage would have an unemployment effect, but just in Samoa.

There's a better explanation for Speaker Pelosi's position that has nothing to do with the possible fickleness of the law of demand. StarKist, which owns one of the two Samoan packing plants, has been a big opponent of increases in the U.S. minimum wage. Del Monte, its parent company, is headquartered in Speaker Pelosi's San Francisco district. Chicken of the Sea is based in Southern California. It's not unreasonable to guess that Speaker Pelosi's position has to do with the interests of her well-heeled constituents. In any case, Samoans are off the hook for now because the proposed legislation enacting a higher minimum wage didn't pass Congress.

Also the minimum wage increase was piggy backed with legislation that I was not aware of. I was told that it also changed the law as to how prospective employers can make inquires to prior employers. Supposedly, exemployers can now diclose every facit of your employment. specifics on you work record, ethics, attendence, their knowledge of your medical history if you disclosed it to them, eveything! If I had known this than I never would have voted yes!