Lets build a big sexy Boss

CanadianBoy

I really would love to see some boss 302,351,and 429s back to beat the Hemis. The only thing I like about the GT 500 is the engine. I am a Ford man but the new Challenger is more of what I want. Very good looks, good motor, good interior. I was going to buy a GT 500 but now I really don't want to.

I think Ford should have an aluminum big block with a shaker, toploader trans with a hurst, 69-70s styled Boss mustang.

The Shelby is for poseurs.

I really would love to see some boss 302,351,and 429s back to beat the Hemis. The only thing I like about the GT 500 is the engine. I am a Ford man but the new Challenger is more of what I want. Very good looks, good motor, good interior. I was going to buy a GT 500 but now I really don't want to.

I think Ford should have an aluminum big block with a shaker, toploader trans with a hurst, 69-70s styled Boss mustang.

The Shelby is for poseurs.

I think we should get the big Boss ball rolling here. Ford needs all the help it can get with this one.

I think that since the Boss is as good as it is going to get, ever, and pretty much a straight race car that a 427 cammer after all these years should be optional.

I would like to see some retro performance things, like the shaker, hurst shifter, drag pack, this would be very cool. Also I hope Ford doesn't over do this car, they I would be happy if they took the stock 69-70 specs and just started remaking them.

I would be happy if they took the stock 69-70 specs and just started remaking them.

Impossible really with all of the changes in safety/environmental standards.

I imagine there WILL be a new Boss, but it'll likely be a Boss 281 or Boss 330 to slot in BELOW the GT500, which is where it needs to be in my opinion -- a quick car for the average working man. This may also appear simply as a new Mach 1 instead.

There's currently a HUGE gap between the Mustang GT and the GT500 as far as performance and price. A Mustang in the $32-35,000 range is most likely what Ford is looking for. Because of that, don't expect anything TOO exotic with it.

Here's my prediction for the new "step up" Mustang:

Name:

Boss 330 or Mach 1

Engine possibilities:

N/A aluminum DOHC 5.4

Supercharged iron DOHC 4.6

Power:

370-395 HP

Torque:

370-400 lb-ft

Rear-end:

3.55:1

Transmissions:

6-speed manual

5-speed auto

Styling details:

Shaker Hood

Hood blackout stripe

Rocker stripes with "BOSS" or "Mach 1" lettering

GT driving lamp delete

Lower lamps more similar to the GT500

Low profile wing, or possible integrated ducktail (or blacked out deck spoiler for Mach 1)

Unique interior trim package

18x9-inch polished "heritage" wheels

Edited by NickF1011

Impossible really with all of the changes in safety/environmental standards.

I imagine there WILL be a new Boss, but it'll likely be a Boss 281 or Boss 330 to slot in BELOW the GT500, which is where it needs to be in my opinion -- a quick car for the average working man. This may also appear simply as a new Mach 1 instead.

There's currently a HUGE gap between the Mustang GT and the GT500 as far as performance and price. A Mustang in the $32-35,000 range is most likely what Ford is looking for. Because of that, don't expect anything TOO exotic with it.

Here's my prediction for the new "step up" Mustang:

Name:

Boss 330 or Mach 1

Engine possibilities:

N/A aluminum DOHC 5.4

Supercharged iron DOHC 4.6

Power:

370-395 HP

Torque:

370-400 lb-ft

Rear-end:

3.55:1

Transmissions:

6-speed manual

5-speed auto

Styling details:

Shaker Hood

Hood blackout stripe

Rocker stripes with "BOSS" or "Mach 1" lettering

GT driving lamp delete

Lower lamps more similar to the GT500

Low profile wing, or possible integrated ducktail (or blacked out deck spoiler for Mach 1)

Unique interior trim package

18x9-inch polished "heritage" wheels

The Boss Mustang won the muscle car shootout on Dream Car Garage. That means the greatest muscle car of all time. The Boss is the pinnacle of Ford. I agree that the this car you describe would be great and a good car but I think a real Boss should be better than the GT 500 by about $5000. The smaller Boss should be less. The Boss stands for the greatest thing Ford has ever done. 302,351 and especially the 429.

I'd also like to see a Boss, but I'd like it to be at home on a road course. As much as I'd like it to slot above the GT500, I'm afraid of the cost. I see the Mach1 between the GT and GT500.

What are the legal issues using the "Boss" name? Does Ford own the rights, or does Shinoda's heirs?

http://www.bossninehemi.com/

Eat your out EH!!!

You Know guys the way to go about all of this is to use your head. The easiest and cheapest way to get what I think you are after is to go with a turbo mustang. These things are such a blast. I've seen some with over 800 HP all for about $3000. You could keep the cost down by going with a v6 or possibly a v8 of course.

Try this website www.turbomustangs.com

Let's put rear window slats and front spoiler on it. No gaudy graphics. Just a simple decal on each fender reading "Boss 429". Normally aspirated 429. Well, if Chevy can make a small-block 427 for their Z06, I'd like to see Ford stuff a small block 429 in the Boss.

I can dream, can't I ?

I like Nicks suggestions on likely boss...its exactly what I (and likely many others) would expect/hope for.

as a big fan of the big old lima motors, I for one would Absolutely love to see the guys at SVT be given the chance to outboss the boss429...Tasca ford campaigned a drag car- superboss429, never made to production, but it kicked some butt back in the day. 494 inch mag-friggin-nesium boss429 can am motor...probably the lightest/fastest bigblock EVER built. I bet it would fit the new chassis. Even if only a few hundred were built, it could 'up the bar' even further than the almost mythical boss429s. something like this would be extemely unlikely to happen...at any price, fords got bigger things to worry about, but I bet about every ford guy on earth would be droling over one even more than the new gt(40).

with current state of affairs, I do expect nicks comments 'likely to succeed'...its just the natural progression for this successful car. they havent offered yet, because they didnt need to. once demand meets production, then theyll add some 'stuff everyone wants' to get them back to the dealers.

Boss-three-twenty-nine...rolls off the tongue almost as good as four-twenty-nine dont it :)

if they could only get us >450 ft/lb again normally aspirated...

I guess i will just have to wait untill the new Dodge Challenger comes out. 425 Hp, I guess that'll be enough.

I'm pretty sure chryslers little hemi is still under 400 ft/lb...until torque gets back up around 500 ft/lb, people will still be modding them too :) too much aint enough...