Foose, Rousch, Shelby

falconman13

Went to get the oil changed on my Fusion. While I waited I walked around the showroom.

They had 6 Roush Mustangs, a GT500 and a Foose Mustang

Initial impressions

The Foose was the most elegant, the Shelby, the most desirable, the Rousch, the most racer looking.

There were a couple of things I really didnt like about the Roush. The most glaring thing is that the rear quarter window louvers appear to be riveted on. and the rivets are visible. This in itself wouldn't be SO bad, but they weren't centered in the holes for them so they just looked like someone put them on in their backyard.

The rear spoiler was large, maybe larger than I would want.

The Foose car had hidden attachments on their scoops. Theirs looked more like the original 68 Shelby scoops and the fit was perfect. It also uses a unique hood, its subtle but noticeable side to side with the other cars, and the rear spoiler is a lot more subtle. Didnt care for the graphics, although they were well done.

The Shelby, well everyone has seen the Shelby so you all know it has that rockin hood and just screams "RACE ME DAMMIT"

So, my personal observations are that the Foose car looks the most like a 69 Fastback. The Shelby looks all Shelby and the Rousch, well , I don't know. I want to say I liked it, and I did, just not in the company it was in. It looked a bit too "Fast and Furious"

I haven't been impressed with the S197 Roush (again no C dangonnit!!!) Mustangs much either. They look a little more cobbled together than the 94-04 Roushes. The hood scoop looks tacky, and some have up to 6 lights on the front. What the heck is the point of that? They just look overdone.

Nicest of the special editions I've seen to date was the Parnelli Jones Saleen. That DOHC 5.0 just looks flat out badass, and the color/stripe combo is quite reminiscent of the Boss 302. Of course, the $60,000 price tag on the window was a bit of an eyesore though. :hysterical:

BTW,

17K dealer "Market adjustment" on the Shelby put it over 60. The Foose didnt have a price on it, the Roush started around 42 K. My salesman said the Roush cars were selling HOT. They have been pressuring Roush for more. Dont know how true that is but hey, why lie to me, I wasnt going to buy one anyway

The Roush looks a little too boy-racer to me (a lot of stuff just slapped on), but I like the current version better than what Saleen did with the S197. The Shelby is gorgeous, and I'm of the opinion that Foose can do no wrong.

The salesman was fairly new at this dealership and was telling me that they had to drive every vehicle as part of their training. He was telling me how good the Roush car drove. I asked him if he drove the Shelby and he said "Um, no, they wont let us drive those."

I thought it was pretty funny

The salesman was fairly new at this dealership and was telling me that they had to drive every vehicle as part of their training. He was telling me how good the Roush car drove. I asked him if he drove the Shelby and he said "Um, no, they wont let us drive those."

I thought it was pretty funny

Bill Brown Ford in Livonia, MI has two Roush 427 Mustangs sitting out front. The 427 emblem on front fender stands for 427 hp. They both look pretty sharp...one is black and another is red. I like the two big exhaust pipes coming out back end. The wheels are pretty sharp and Roush dressed up side view of Mustang nicely. I don't care for the Roush shifter though, and the interior is rather plain for $45,000 sticker price.

Currently drive 2002 Taurus SES Sport,

Mike