UAW contract predictions

jrod

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANYONE, that tells you to run up debt, is an asshole!

why would you tell anyone this ?

what an IDIOT!

I believe that Americans are looking at high inflation because of their devalued dollar on the international markets. If you have money, it will become worth less. You should get rid of it and buy something that will hold its value. If you have debt, the value of the debt will also decrease. If you can borrow $100000 at 6% for 5 years, buy gold with it, sell the gold for $200000 after 5 years, pay off the $100000, and reap a profit. It is risky. I wouldn't advise it unless you have that kind of money to throw around. I would say that it is 90% going to happen.

Or they could just cut your pay by 5 bucks an hour and not give you anything. The way the coa votes have been going I'll bet people faced with either the street or 5 bucks an hour less would choose the later.

Or we could just stand outside and let the management build our products! :hysterical:

Edited by Furious1Auto

Or we could just stand outside and let the management build our products! :hysterical:

Why build product? If the UAW strikes Ford would be able to clear out it's inventory and save Money at the same time. Is anything being built state side turning a profit?

Why build product? If the UAW strikes Ford would be able to clear out it's inventory and save Money at the same time. Is anything being built state side turning a profit?

The Escape and Mariner, gas and Hybrid. Soon the new Taurus and sable. Also the Econoline and Crown Vic fill the need of fleet sales, The profitability may not yet be there but these are two segments dominated by Ford. A work stoppage would screw us all. No one wants that. We had better work together to soften the blow for all of us, company and employees!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I believe that Americans are looking at high inflation because of their devalued dollar on the international markets. If you have money, it will become worth less. You should get rid of it and buy something that will hold its value. If you have debt, the value of the debt will also decrease. If you can borrow $100000 at 6% for 5 years, buy gold with it, sell the gold for $200000 after 5 years, pay off the $100000, and reap a profit. It is risky. I wouldn't advise it unless you have that kind of money to throw around. I would say that it is 90% going to happen.

very risky....that is hoping that interest rates stay the same and gold goes up....what IF that does not happen ?

90% ? nostradamus wasn't even that good......whatever....you go follow your fairytale.....

very risky....that is hoping that interest rates stay the same and gold goes up....what IF that does not happen ?

90% ? nostradamus wasn't even that good......whatever....you go follow your fairytale.....

You have to keep your finger on the pulse. Don't listen to people who want to prosper at your expense. If you do, then you are Fuchked. Pardon my English. I still have my scalp despite their bounty. Kiss my derriere you Limey fucks. Excuse me. If you borrow at 6%, the most that you can lose is the 6% plus the amount that gold goes down. The Republicans are going to win in 2008. They are going to do whatever it takes to keep our freedom. They are going to print a lot of money.

You have to keep your finger on the pulse. Don't listen to people who want to prosper at your expense. If you do, then you are Fuchked. Pardon my English. I still have my scalp despite their bounty. Kiss my derriere you Limey fucks. Excuse me. If you borrow at 6%, the most that you can lose is the 6% plus the amount that gold goes down. The Republicans are going to win in 2008. They are going to do whatever it takes to keep our freedom. They are going to print a lot of money.

Wishful thinking!

if you max out your debt, at 6 % fail to pay the min. payment it goes up to 39%(thanks to bush's new cc laws) then default on that....they might just take your house..etc....wow..good advice

if you max out your debt, at 6 % fail to pay the min. payment it goes up to 39%(thanks to bush's new cc laws) then default on that....they might just take your house..etc....wow..good advice

I remember when it was illegal for a loan institution to charge more than 25% period. So Bush made this possible , interesting!

I remember when it was illegal for a loan institution to charge more than 25% period. So Bush made this possible , interesting!

I see inflation coming. Play it any way you want. Maybe I am wrong. Oil prices are up. There is a war going on which threatens to escalate. People with money fleeing the war will be looking to buy American real estate after they convert their savings into gold before they evaporate. Will the union be able to negotiate enough of a pension increase to keep the pension's buying power? How much will your buyout money be worth if you keep it in cash? It is a dog-eat-dog world; always was, and always will be. You have to be the bigger dog.

Edited by Trimdingman

yes he did, no kidding, i was one hour late making my payment,(i had called and tried to reason with them) they charged me 39$ and raised my rate of interest to 38%

it was chase, anyway i paid off the balance and close the account, after that i called the manager and told him i wont be doing business with them.

btw, i carry very little 'bad' debt and i advise everyone else to do the same, since bush has changed the rules

http://multinationalmonitor.org/mm2004/050...une04corp4.html

I see inflation coming. Play it any way you want. Maybe I am wrong. Oil prices are up. There is a war going on which threatens to escalate. People with money fleeing the war will be looking to buy American real estate after they convert their savings into gold before they evaporate. Will the union be able to negotiate enough of a pension increase to keep the pension's buying power? How much will your buyout money be worth if you keep it in cash? It is a dog-eat-dog world; always was, and always will be. You have to be the bigger dog.

inflation is down.......according to this . typical war rhetoric, where is your facts to back this up ?

Y2K ?

Current Inflation Rate

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Ave

2007 2.08% 2.42% 2.78% 2.57%

2006 3.99% 3.60% 3.36% 3.55% 4.17% 4.32% 4.15% 3.82% 2.06% 1.31% 1.97% 2.54% 3.24%

2005 2.97% 3.01% 3.15% 3.51% 2.80% 2.53% 3.17% 3.64% 4.69% 4.35% 3.46% 3.42% 3.39%

2004 1.93% 1.69% 1.74% 2.29% 3.05% 3.27% 2.99% 2.65% 2.54% 3.19% 3.52% 3.26% 2.68%

2003 2.60% 2.98% 3.02% 2.22% 2.06% 2.11% 2.11% 2.16% 2.32% 2.04% 1.77% 1.88% 2.27%

2002 1.14% 1.14% 1.48% 1.64% 1.18% 1.07% 1.46% 1.80% 1.51% 2.03% 2.20% 2.38% 1.59%

2001 3.73% 3.53% 2.92% 3.27% 3.62% 3.25% 2.72% 2.72% 2.65% 2.13% 1.90% 1.55% 2.83%

2000 2.74% 3.22% 3.76% 3.07% 3.19% 3.73% 3.66% 3.41% 3.45% 3.45% 3.45% 3.39% 3.38%

Get more Historical Data from InflationData.c

yes he did, no kidding, i was one hour late making my payment,(i had called and tried to reason with them) they charged me 39$ and raised my rate of interest to 38%

it was chase, anyway i paid off the balance and close the account, after that i called the manager and told him i wont be doing business with them.

btw, i carry very little 'bad' debt and i advise everyone else to do the same, since bush has changed the rules

http://multinationalmonitor.org/mm2004/050...une04corp4.html

I agreed with stopping the flood of bankruptcies, but Outrageous Interest for those who fall on hard times. This makes me very angry!

If they win all they will do is pass tax cuts for the super rich and cut medicare and medicade for the poor and disabled like they did 2 years ago. They will also run up the deficet AGAIN!!!!! PUTTING OUR KIDS FUTURE IN DOUBT AND LEAVING THEM WITH A HUGE DEBT THEY CAN'T PAY OFF.

This war with Iraq is about $$$$MONEY THATS IT... Just like Vietnam!!! The Rich will get richer and the poor will get KILLED.

inflation is down.......according to this . typical war rhetoric, where is your facts to back this up ?

Y2K ?

Current Inflation Rate

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Ave

2007 2.08% 2.42% 2.78% 2.57%

2006 3.99% 3.60% 3.36% 3.55% 4.17% 4.32% 4.15% 3.82% 2.06% 1.31% 1.97% 2.54% 3.24%

2005 2.97% 3.01% 3.15% 3.51% 2.80% 2.53% 3.17% 3.64% 4.69% 4.35% 3.46% 3.42% 3.39%

2004 1.93% 1.69% 1.74% 2.29% 3.05% 3.27% 2.99% 2.65% 2.54% 3.19% 3.52% 3.26% 2.68%

2003 2.60% 2.98% 3.02% 2.22% 2.06% 2.11% 2.11% 2.16% 2.32% 2.04% 1.77% 1.88% 2.27%

2002 1.14% 1.14% 1.48% 1.64% 1.18% 1.07% 1.46% 1.80% 1.51% 2.03% 2.20% 2.38% 1.59%

2001 3.73% 3.53% 2.92% 3.27% 3.62% 3.25% 2.72% 2.72% 2.65% 2.13% 1.90% 1.55% 2.83%

2000 2.74% 3.22% 3.76% 3.07% 3.19% 3.73% 3.66% 3.41% 3.45% 3.45% 3.45% 3.39% 3.38%

Get more Historical Data from InflationData.c

I just got a .43 an hour cost-of-living increase for June, the largest in my nearly 33 years at Ford. Inflation right now, at this minute is high. Never mind what it was 3 months ago.

If they win all they will do is pass tax cuts for the super rich and cut medicare and medicade for the poor and disabled like they did 2 years ago. They will also run up the deficet AGAIN!!!!! PUTTING OUR KIDS FUTURE IN DOUBT AND LEAVING THEM WITH A HUGE DEBT THEY CAN'T PAY OFF.

This war with Iraq is about $$$$MONEY THATS IT... Just like Vietnam!!! The Rich will get richer and the poor will get KILLED.

Obama and several of the other Democratic candidates already indicated they WILL raise taxes on the "rich" if they win the Presidency and keep control of congress. Obama let the cat out of the bag that his definition of "rich" means $250K and up. You hourly labor lineworkers may not like to hear this, but $250K is NOT rich, especially in places where taxes are high like in California, New York, or the Northeast. Add it high housing costs, and $250K doesn't go as far as you think it would.

FYI, the "rich" get the biggest tax cuts because they pay most of the taxes!!!! And they deserve it, too. The top 10% of wage earners pay about 65% of the total tax revenue, and the top 5% pay over 50% of revenue. Those people are usually risk-taking entrepreneurs who actually create jobs. By contrast, many people at the bottom pay little or no taxes at all. In my book, you can't get a tax break unless you pay some taxes!

I just got a .43 an hour cost-of-living increase for June, the largest in my nearly 33 years at Ford. Inflation right now, at this minute is high. Never mind what it was 3 months ago.

typical republican, dodge the issue and blame someone else. the point was if you looked at the chart...inflation goes up and coems down. it fluctuates quite a bit.

so because you got a cost of living adjustment of .43 that means inflation is high and the world is going to collapse ?

go ahead and follow your own advice....

i'm NOT following your stupid advice...

Obama and several of the other Democratic candidates already indicated they WILL raise taxes on the "rich" if they win the Presidency and keep control of congress. Obama let the cat out of the bag that his definition of "rich" means $250K and up. You hourly labor lineworkers may not like to hear this, but $250K is NOT rich, especially in places where taxes are high like in California, New York, or the Northeast. Add it high housing costs, and $250K doesn't go as far as you think it would.

FYI, the "rich" get the biggest tax cuts because they pay most of the taxes!!!! And they deserve it, too. The top 10% of wage earners pay about 65% of the total tax revenue, and the top 5% pay over 50% of revenue. Those people are usually risk-taking entrepreneurs who actually create jobs. By contrast, many people at the bottom pay little or no taxes at all. In my book, you can't get a tax break unless you pay some taxes!

for the msot part i agree with you..however if they raise taxes to undo what mr bush has done, so ? it wont affect me that much....i mean people that make 40-80$ it really doesn't matter...and the other upper 250$ + they can afford to give more....so raise it up...

I'd be lucky to make a third of that and the public thinks I'm over paid. good luck getting support!

You my friend are very uneducated. Warren Buffett did an interview last month and said. It was wrong that his secretary paid more in income taxes as a percentage of income than he does. This is a man worth over $40 billion dollars. He is totally against Bushs tax cuts. Also why should Bill Gates get the use of tax dollars in creating his software programs, and tax dollars that built the internet. But he shouldnt pay more in taxes? He benefited the greatest from tax dollars. Lets say there were no taxes. There wouldnt be Dept. of Defense and the internet would have never been created. Would Bill be the richest person in the world? This Neo-Liberal economy if successful will fail. We need to tax the rich who are creating these jobs without health care benefits, better yet lets compete as a country and get a single payer health care system put in place. A basic need of all in the world but in America it is only going to the rich and the ones lucky enough to have employer paid health.

typical republican, dodge the issue and blame someone else. the point was if you looked at the chart...inflation goes up and coems down. it fluctuates quite a bit.

so because you got a cost of living adjustment of .43 that means inflation is high and the world is going to collapse ?

go ahead and follow your own advice....

i'm NOT following your stupid advice...

When I started at Ford in 1974, I got $5.03 an hour. Because of inflation over the last 33 years, I now get over $34 an hour on steady afternoons. Oil prices are up. There is a war on which will eclipse Viet Nam. Millions who have money will be fleeing to freedom. That million dollar mansion will fetch two million, easy. What would two mil, for example, get you in Tokyo? A batchelor apartment if you are lucky. Sell out and retire in poverty if you want to. Don't say that I didn't warn you.

When I started at Ford in 1974, I got $5.03 an hour. Because of inflation over the last 33 years, I now get over $34 an hour on steady afternoons. Oil prices are up. There is a war on which will eclipse Viet Nam. Millions who have money will be fleeing to freedom. That million dollar mansion will fetch two million, easy. What would two mil, for example, get you in Tokyo? A batchelor apartment if you are lucky. Sell out and retire in poverty if you want to. Don't say that I didn't warn you.

Auto worker and some government jobs are the only ones that I'm aware of to have kept pace with the cost of living! Funny their all union jobs ,Huh! The problem in this country is that people wear for their possessions that they have over paid for like a badge of honor. They're prideful and want to prove what they can afford. This is great for the retailers, and service industry. Shit the last time I took my wife to TGI Fridays they cut out the prime rib, and even the loaded bake potato. Basic dishes are now gone and they demanded $77 for me and my wife. $77 is outrageous for a meal. I hope they are making money off of their sauce and mudslides at the stores because I'll never eat their again. It's cheaper for us to go to Red Lobster beleave it or not. The shame is Fidays use to be my favorite spot to go! Over all these damn retailers are out of their mind and so are the people who pay these outrageous prices!

You my friend are very uneducated. Warren Buffett did an interview last month and said. It was wrong that his secretary paid more in income taxes as a percentage of income than he does. This is a man worth over $40 billion dollars. He is totally against Bushs tax cuts. Also why should Bill Gates get the use of tax dollars in creating his software programs, and tax dollars that built the internet. But he shouldnt pay more in taxes? He benefited the greatest from tax dollars. Lets say there were no taxes. There wouldnt be Dept. of Defense and the internet would have never been created. Would Bill be the richest person in the world? This Neo-Liberal economy if successful will fail. We need to tax the rich who are creating these jobs without health care benefits, better yet lets compete as a country and get a single payer health care system put in place. A basic need of all in the world but in America it is only going to the rich and the ones lucky enough to have employer paid health.

The "rich" already paying at a higher rate per dollar is not enough? I am always amazed at those that can actually bring themselves to think this way. It's absurd, and you would be the first one bitching if in that position yourself. Most of these folks have created thousands of good paying jobs and should bear no true responsibility for the fact that our gov't has yet to provide a universal health care system. Unfortunately at current standard, that doesn't exist, but that should not necessarily be passed on as an obgligation to the employers. If it did, than they should have the rights to limit peoples lifestyles and we both know the possibilities of passing that one off. Bottom line, people get rich through their successful ability to manage and run companies. They need not be punished for this ability, period!

Auto worker and some government jobs are the only ones that I'm aware of to have kept pace with the cost of living! Funny their all union jobs ,Huh! The problem in this country is that people wear for their possessions that they have over paid for like a badge of honor. They're prideful and want to prove what they can afford. This is great for the retailers, and service industry. Shit the last time I took my wife to TGI Fridays they cut out the prime rib, and even the loaded bake potato. Basic dishes are now gone and they demanded $77 for me and my wife. $77 is outrageous for a meal. I hope they are making money off of their sauce and mudslides at the stores because I'll never eat their again. It's cheaper for us to go to Red Lobster beleave it or not. The shame is Fidays use to be my favorite spot to go! Over all these damn retailers are out of their mind and so are the people who pay these outrageous prices!

TONS of jobs have kept pace with inflation. I started in the IT field in '87 at $7.25 an hour and make better then $52 an hour today if you divided my salary across 40 hours and 52 weeks. There are tons of fields like IT that have kept pace. How the heck do you think ford has been able to sell those 80k SUVs?