Three New Vehicles at LTP

FordBuyer

The 3 new vehicles at Livonia Trans Plant off of Levan north of Plymouth Rd:

New Sable X in white that I have alluded to in previous posts

A mid sized wagon that is upright like Focus wagon with similar grill, but size of Fusion. It looks European, but has steering wheel on left side, and prominent Ford logo on front grill. The roof line is different and easy to spot off of Levan. Nice sized wagon about size of Fusion wagon if Ford made one.

Subcompact model in yellow that is four door hatch, very upright stance and looks to be AWD, but don't know for sure. Prominent Ford logo on grill and left side steering wheel. A little smaller than Focus, but probably more room inside as its very tall hatchback that has 4wd look. Easy to spot off of Levan as it's bright yellow.

So to me its looks like Ford is looking at making more car like vehicles that have lots of room and good gas mileage. Hopefully another small wagon and B segment hatchback.

Currently drive 2002 Tarus SES Sport,

Mike

I think it's safe to say that foreign models are in NA all the time for whatever reason. This is pure speculation at best but perhaps the past has always had a bureaucratic response of why it can't be done. Maybe the times are changing and this is a generation or two down the road (EUCD2, C2, B4(?) etc).

I think it's safe to say that foreign models are in NA all the time for whatever reason. This is pure speculation at best but perhaps the past has always had a bureaucratic response of why it can't be done. Maybe the times are changing and this is a generation or two down the road (EUCD2, C2, B4(?) etc).

Yeah, I would agree. The wagon I saw looks like the Mondeo silhouette wise, and the front grill is about same, but headlight configuration is a little more mundane. Wagon at LTP has hubcaps instead of alloys or it at least appears that way. At best, I would say wagon at LTP is base version of Mondeo, not the optioned one in pics above. The bright yellow subcompact looks more Brazilian than European in appearance to me.

Lots of special vehicles in LTP parking lot easy to spy on. Also pickup truck in there with cover over it and very close to street. Easy to park across the street and walk over as there are no sidewalks on Levan there.

I've been meaning to post something about these.

I was going to send a shot of the Mercury "Freestyle" to Brenda Priddy, but she told me not to bother, it got canned a while ago, hence the fact it's not wearing camo. It's been sitting there for months.

The yellow crossover is the Ford Ecosport subcompact, most likely just a B-car mule.

And the F150 is just one of the mules that's been spotted running around Dearborn, but what's interesting is that every mule I've seen has had 6 lug wheels, including this one, which is a SuperCrew.

This lot is full of the "red headed stepchildren" of Ford's prototypes. There's still camo'd Focuses, Edges, MKXs, and Super Duties sitting in it.

Easy answer to a complex question.

When I was still in the joint, before Kuzak was officially the "global" product czar, the product planners all wanted the 6 speed trans from the Livonia plant in the global platforms since it was the newest and most advanced.

Its a good business case, that's why they are there.

Enjoy!

Easy answer to a complex question.

When I was still in the joint, before Kuzak was officially the "global" product czar, the product planners all wanted the 6 speed trans from the Livonia plant in the global platforms since it was the newest and most advanced.

Its a good business case, that's why they are there.

Enjoy!

:ohsnap: Well, I never thought of "What does the plant make?". Okay, makes sense. My questions are: Can the 6F fit in the 'B' class? Or, is there another one been developed there? As well, IIRC, do the old prototypes go there to rest in peace?

:ohsnap: Well, I never thought of "What does the plant make?". Okay, makes sense. My questions are: Can the 6F fit in the 'B' class? Or, is there another one been developed there? As well, IIRC, do the old prototypes go there to rest in peace?

Well there used to be a "B" lot where it was first-come first served for management off-leases, but that's long gone...

Most of the old prototypes end up behind AEC, but that's shifted quite a few times since I've left.

Why couldn't the tranny fit in other platforms? Tranny's are a surprise AND a mystery, don't believe me, do a quick Google search for "tranny"...

Sorry... :hysterical: