2007 Mustang GT Key Fob Windows Question

Ice

I just brought home my 2007 Mustang. Can I roll down the windows with the key fob. I thought you could with the 2005 model but I don't see anything about it in the manual.

Thanks.

Congrats on the new baby. :baby:

The answer to your question is: no you cannot use the key fob to roll down the windows! I don't know who gave you that idea. Maybe you are thinking about how on the verts, when you open the door, the window goes down like an inch and then goes back up again when you close the door?

He's thinking of an old VW commercial. Back around 1999, I think.

Guy calls his wife outside in the early morning to show her... hits the button on the remote key and all the windows roll down. He thinks it's cool... she goes back to bed, disgusted.

I wouldn't be surprised if a salesman fed him that kind of crap. I had a Lincoln-Mercury salesman tell me the headlights on the Milan physically turn when you turn your steering wheel making a corner. B.S.

Edited by Meelaan

As far as I know the only Ford product that did that was the Lincoln LS. Nice feature on a hot day. Of course the LS had a lot of features that disappeared - electric parking brake, anti-dive/anti-squat suspension geometry, extensive use of aluminum including the suspension, manually shiftable automatic (coming back in the MKS).........

I know a guy that has a 2005 Mustang. When it was brand new I was looking in the windows. When he walked up to the car he rolled down the windows with the key fob. I also work with a guy that had a 2005 Mustang that had this feature. It has to do with programing your Fob to do this. If I figure it out I will post it here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I just brought home my 2007 Mustang. Can I roll down the windows with the key fob. I thought you could with the 2005 model but I don't see anything about it in the manual.

Thanks.

Ben Hutzler - This feature is actually part of the Active Anti-Theft System. If you have motion sensors in your car in the map light area it will work.

I have an '05 Mustang GT and yes sometimes I have glitches but it works for me most of the time.

If you have the Active Anti-Theft system push the unlock button on your transmitter then hold it down. The wondow roll-down feature should activate within 3 seconds.

You can not roll up the windows though.

Another thing.. you can use your key in the unlock position to roll down and lock to roll up. Turn and hold!

Ben Hutzler - This feature is actually part of the Active Anti-Theft System. If you have motion sensors in your car in the map light area it will work.

I have an '05 Mustang GT and yes sometimes I have glitches but it works for me most of the time.

If you have the Active Anti-Theft system push the unlock button on your transmitter then hold it down. The wondow roll-down feature should activate within 3 seconds.

You can not roll up the windows though.

Another thing.. you can use your key in the unlock position to roll down and lock to roll up. Turn and hold!

Tried it on my 2008 V6 today, but it didn't work.

sounds to me like either someone loaded the wrong program into the SJB or ECM or someone had a friend at a dealership that loaded the old version of the program that allowed it...read of a few guys that had the airbag recall done and it disabled the feature, then they refused to turn it back on...