req's

derf@wixom

anybody know if livonia has a gen if so how many / or when might the req's be turned in , thanx for any info

SRP had at least 50 go to Livonia over the pst 2-3 weeks, all through flowback. We have another 15 or so slated to go after shutdown. Most of their seniority has been '88-'90 plus or minus. These people went straight to work in various depts. and not to GEN. Dont know if Livonia has any lower sen. in GEN.

Uh, Livonia HAD everyone working. Ford then decided we must take in 150 people, even though there is no room for them. So the 90 that came in last month knocked the low seniority people already there into GEN. GEN will grow when the other 60 show up after shutdown. Then when 4R75W goes to one shift next year all the transfers will have jobs and the Livonia hires will be in GEN, laid off, or sent to other plants.

So even though knocking out a low man at another plant is against the rules, Ford will have completed this action by next year.

And dont tell me there is no one in GEN because we had GEN guys down in 6R working last week. Yes, guys in GEN work where needed at Livonia.

Uh, Livonia HAD everyone working. Ford then decided we must take in 150 people, even though there is no room for them. So the 90 that came in last month knocked the low seniority people already there into GEN. GEN will grow when the other 60 show up after shutdown. Then when 4R75W goes to one shift next year all the transfers will have jobs and the Livonia hires will be in GEN, laid off, or sent to other plants.

So even though knocking out a low man at another plant is against the rules, Ford will have completed this action by next year.

And dont tell me there is no one in GEN because we had GEN guys down in 6R working last week. Yes, guys in GEN work where needed at Livonia.

So which is it ? Livonis 1 says no GEN , you say there is. Anyway, I also remember a past poster saying all transfers would go stright to GEN, regardless of seniority. So much for that ,huh !? Its called company seniority , which should have went into effect 20 yrs ago.

So which is it ? Livonis 1 says no GEN , you say there is. Anyway, I also remember a past poster saying all transfers would go stright to GEN, regardless of seniority. So much for that ,huh !? Its called company seniority , which should have went into effect 20 yrs ago.

The invaders sat until the low people were pulled off the floor. We had 90 come in with no place to put them. Not enough people were going thru with their buyout. So that leaves 90 or so in GEN as of shutdown. People retired last week so some will be back out on the floor. But as soon as the rest come in August they will be back in GEN. So to answer the fucking question, there are people in GEN at Livonia. And will be for a few months.

How would you have liked company seniority back 20 years ago. I bet a lot of the old timers that want it today didnt back then. How times have changed.

I remember a lot of flowbackers bitching about going to a plant, well we had a shitload refuse to work in manufacturing depts. Showed up in the dept and went right down to labor relations complaining about the job. Should have kept there asses out of here. We didnt want them but Ford made us take them in.

The invaders sat until the low people were pulled off the floor. We had 90 come in with no place to put them. Not enough people were going thru with their buyout. So that leaves 90 or so in GEN as of shutdown. People retired last week so some will be back out on the floor. But as soon as the rest come in August they will be back in GEN. So to answer the fucking question, there are people in GEN at Livonia. And will be for a few months.

How would you have liked company seniority back 20 years ago. I bet a lot of the old timers that want it today didnt back then. How times have changed.

I remember a lot of flowbackers bitching about going to a plant, well we had a shitload refuse to work in manufacturing depts. Showed up in the dept and went right down to labor relations complaining about the job. Should have kept there asses out of here. We didnt want them but Ford made us take them in.

Just what ford must want to do huh? Pay 47k moving expenses to someone to move and bump someone who is already doing the job adequately. So now it costs them pay plus moving expense for the first year. Quite a product you folks are bringing to the table this year.

Boy, all I ever remember back in the 80's when people from other plants came to Liv. was they were told to slow down, they were killing the job. Get your number and hit the road. It seemed to me that they were not all that lazy. Maybe the new folks coming in now might ignore that when they hit the floor as I'm sure they won't believe there eyes when they see how that kind of thing is destroying the plant. Gee.... I run an automated Mach. and I can't let it run from whistle to whistle. That's real good business!!!

Interesting, considering I have heard your plant described as a "country club".

Yeah, that was my point. We probably have the best jobs in all of Ford but God forbid we run every part we can or the schedule drops! If that happens people will have all kind of problems with there Machs. and it will be right back on OT. Believe me. I did my share of that myself but it's just going to kill us if we don't give that up. I hope the new folks can over come that, but it will be hopeless. They will be treated so bad for just trying to do a good job. I'm positive they will be beat to death about holding back on running their parts so bad they will feel bad about coming to work. It will be harder on the folks who come from Assy. plants as they will be used to working hard and won't understand why people are telling them to slow down or hold back on production when all they have to do is let the Mach. run and turn it off and go home at the end of the shift. I don't think we have made schedule for over 90% of the year so far and if people told the truth about why you would be ashamed. I don't think that it would be good PR for any of us to have it out here in public though.

The invaders sat until the low people were pulled off the floor. We had 90 come in with no place to put them. .

Invaders, huh!?... Well this old timer wanted it back in the day. I would have been called back to work about 2 yrs early, but no the locals had to play their games to keep higher sen. out. I worked at Rouge Glass and Stamping. Trust me Livonia wont be shit. Many,many people flowing back originated in B & A, or other main Ford facilities and those that didnt are still as much a UAW-Ford brother/sister to me as you are. But most have a lot more class. JMHO.

Yeah, that was my point. We probably have the best jobs in all of Ford but God forbid we run every part we can or the schedule drops! If that happens people will have all kind of problems with there Machs. and it will be right back on OT. Believe me. I did my share of that myself but it's just going to kill us if we don't give that up. I hope the new folks can over come that, but it will be hopeless. They will be treated so bad for just trying to do a good job. I'm positive they will be beat to death about holding back on running their parts so bad they will feel bad about coming to work. It will be harder on the folks who come from Assy. plants as they will be used to working hard and won't understand why people are telling them to slow down or hold back on production when all they have to do is let the Mach. run and turn it off and go home at the end of the shift. I don't think we have made schedule for over 90% of the year so far and if people told the truth about why you would be ashamed. I don't think that it would be good PR for any of us to have it out here in public though.

It's not just your plant. I think it's like that in most if not all of them. When people from Edison NJ transferred into NAP they were stunned at how the jobs were set up and the amount of work they had on them with the line speed. Heard the same thing from some people that transferred from Chicago. One example he gave me was there was only one guy driving off the end of the chassis line in NAP at 58 jph. In Chicago there were 3 people driving off the end at 45 jph. Over and over you hear from them “They would never let this happen in our plant! “They would never load jobs like that at my plant!” and the most famous one of all “THAT’S NOT MY JOB!!!” It was like a broken record.

Some of the people that transferred from NAP to DTP got the same kind of “PEP TALK” when they got on their jobs at DTP and started working them. One person I know was an inspector on the rolls, which is basically a “free effort” job; as long as you are making an effort they can’t mess with you. He was doing 2 and sometimes 3 jobs to the DTP rolls inspectors. He was approached the second day and told to “SLOW DOWN and PACE YOURSELF you going to mess things up.” It’s truly a shame people still think like this after all that’s happened in this industry. I guess they don’t realize in the long run they are only cutting their own throat.