Well 2 weeks into shutdown and the contractors are behind on most projects in body by up to a week. We hear rumours of shutdown being extended 1 week.

The possibility of 5 weeks total shutdown is there.

BTW almost all personal cabinets etc on the line are GONE. They are outside on the frame pad along with all the radios, coffee makers, microwaves, etc.

Most cable drops are gone.

There will be alot of pissed people, come the first day back.

BTW almost all personal cabinets etc on the line are GONE. They are outside on the frame pad along with all the radios, coffee makers, microwaves, etc.

What are personal cabinets (lockers?) etc....... If all seems to be fucked up at STAP: Is it a good idea to take delivery on a Panther?

We would like to :idea: (must) know.

Well 2 weeks into shutdown and the contractors are behind on most projects in body by up to a week. We hear rumours of shutdown being extended 1 week.

Foreman still provide the best entertainment! Now with all the comforts of home gone, I can focus all

my attention on the comedy routine that is my foreman. :banmolest:

What are personal cabinets (lockers?) etc....... If all seems to be fucked up at STAP: Is it a good idea to take delivery on a Panther?

We would like to :idea: (must) know.

Glad I pulled all my stuff when I took the volutary lay off.

Some people had extensive set up's so they will be pissed.

and the quality will suffer thru the growing pains of no microwaves,coffee makers ,TV's ,etc ,etc

All I had was a tv for the news and a personal radio. I was not running a theatre or mini canteen.

I can see absenteism going way up during playoffs.

Maybe they should cut off the formans access to internet so they will spend more time on quality instead of ebay.

they really just want to kill STAP.....it's just a matter of time.the writing is on the wall.

:hysterical: because they took out the tv's etc.?Man you have to admit some of the setups were getting silly.Geez it's going to be like a slave having to listen to a walkman again...now I feel like an old guy wondering wtf you people want?There to do a job not watch American Idol,talk about the last group of hires being spoiled since they've been there.Sadly for some the plant is going back to being a factory again and watching Tv and the such aren't part of it.

Edited by GuyfromSTAP

:hysterical: because they took out the tv's etc.?Man you have to admit some of the setups were getting silly.Geez it's going to be like a slave having to listen to a walkman again...now I feel like an old guy wondering wtf you people want?There to do a job not watch American Idol,talk about the last group of hires being spoiled since they've been there.Sadly for some the plant is going back to being a factory again and watching Tv and the such aren't part of it.

Amen brother.

Time to get audio books from the Library, I get sick of hearing the same song on the radio over and over and my MP3 player is broken.

And now back to the subject at hand... Build a good quality Panther and the orders will come.. I am ready for a 2009 CV. With the 2008s in production since May, what is happening now during July shutdown? Getting ready for the Town Car, or more CV GM changes? Sure would like a 3V 6speed Panther with 300hp...

I worked first two weeks of the shutdown. It is true...a lot of personal lockers were removed from the plant, mostly in final and placed on a pad out back. I was also told that Comstock employees cut locks off and helped themselves to anything salvagable as they were informed that all lockers were gong to Zubics as scrap metal. My last day worked I was told that the union put a stop to lockers being loaded for scrap and were to be put back in the plant.

I worked first two weeks of the shutdown. It is true...a lot of personal lockers were removed from the plant, mostly in final and placed on a pad out back. I was also told that Comstock employees cut locks off and helped themselves to anything salvagable as they were informed that all lockers were gong to Zubics as scrap metal. My last day worked I was told that the union put a stop to lockers being loaded for scrap and were to be put back in the plant.

Good for the union! ****ing vultures trying to rip Ford employees off for anything. Sure we were told to remove everything from our lockers but maybe for some solid reason some weren't able to. Yeah help yourselves, maybe instead of trying to see what they can steal from the Ford workers they need to concentrate more on getting the plant ready for production! Has any realiable source heard if we go back Monday or is there too much ripping off going on causing them to be behind that we don't go back?

Maybe Ford should also make sure they take the money for scrap and make sure these GOOFS don't steal everything. Glad to see the union is at least watching. **ck does the bullshit ever end at our expense. Well enough negative talk bring on the CARS!

I heard all the cabinets with doors are now gone off all lines looks like you will have to bring out the MP3 players and I-Pods which isn't so bad nothing to watch on T.V during the day and the plant is on straight days so you won't misss any play off games or T.V series you like to enjoy and look at the bright side the plant is still open and you guys have a chance to go and build the best cars out there and perhaps be in line to get Flexed or a New product..when you think it's all bad just read the paper about other plant closings and how many of those people would love to be able to make the money we have..hope you all had great holidays and good luck with the launch and remodelling....