Fusion MP3 Jack

mxzracer1

My wife has a new 2007 Fusion SEL with he audiophile system. I thought all SEL's were supposed to have a jack in the console for plugging in MP3 players and satellite radio. Any ideas?

Only on Job 2 cars. These would be cars built after February 2007.

My Milan is a 2007, but as a Job 1 vehicle (built in September of 2006), things like the MP3 jack and fold-flat front passenger seat were omitted.

My Milan is a 2007, but as a Job 1 vehicle (built in September of 2006), things like the MP3 jack and fold-flat front passenger seat were omitted.

Thanks, it is a Job1. Any idea what it would take to add the jack? New stereo or is it pre-wired and all I would need to do is add the jack. The stereo already has the AUX button on it.

Thanks again

Thanks, it is a Job1. Any idea what it would take to add the jack? New stereo or is it pre-wired and all I would need to do is add the jack. The stereo already has the AUX button on it.

Thanks again

You can have the OEM parts purchased and installed at a Ford dealership. <shudder> The wiring harness is sold separately for an additional $50.

Here's the description:

TripTunes™ Advanced

Part Number: 7R3Z-19A464-A

MSRP: $250.00

Take your tunes on the road! Now you can integrate your iPod® into your vehicle’s audio system. Just plug your iPod into the dock connector, conveniently located in the glovebox or floor console bin, to listen to your iPod selection through the vehicle’s speakers. Users can navigate your iPod’s menu while their selection - album, artist, genre, song, podcast, audiobook, playlist, composer is displayed on the factory installed radio. Users have full search control at the radio, and most applications also allow the use of the redundant volume up/down and seek buttons on the steering wheel. TripTunes Advanced also charges your iPod. Compatible with 30-pin iPods. Currently not available on navigation radio systems. A wiring harness (7R3Z 14A411 AC) is required and sold separately.

Fits:

Ford Fusion 2008 2007

Available from: http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/fas/b2c/catalog.asp

Edited by Meelaan

• 4 weeks later...

My wifes Milan was built way before Feb of 07. We took delivery in Nov 06. It has both the MP# jack in the console and the fold flat seat.

Edited by Steeler

My wifes Milan was built way before Feb of 07. We took delivery in Nov 06. It has both the MP# jack in the console and the fold flat seat.

Then you are lucky enough to own a transition vehicle.

I double-checked and my Milan was built in July 2006. It's essentially a carry-over from the 2006 model. Kinda cheesy how Ford did that.

What's wrong with making MP3 cds ?

(I'm a heretic - I won't buy an MP3 player)

I recently had an issue with that practice. I had six CDs in the changer with one of them being a MP3 burned CD. It was one of those with the all solid white surface on the label side. Had it in there for a couple of months, I guess.

Changer ended a CD and moved to that MP3 disc... but it wouldn't play. None of the head unit's controls would work either--I couldn't skip or eject the MP3 disc. Got it to turn off though. Turned it back on, and the display read "CD ERROR." Turned it off again. Let it sit for a while, and hit the eject button. It came out, thankfully.

No other problems to report. I think it was the MP3 CD label surface being that lightly textured white ink coverage. Haven't tried to play any MP3 CDs since though, so not really sure if it's as bad as a complete MP3 CD read problem.

• 3 weeks later...