2008 changes?

jscozz

I did a quick search and could not find any list of changes for 2008 or reference to the order guide being available... Does anyone have info about this... or specifically if any changes have been made to add side airbags and/or curtain airbags? I am assuming that is too much of a change for midstream... if not 2008, are they in store for 2009?

I did a quick search and could not find any list of changes for 2008 or reference to the order guide being available... Does anyone have info about this... or specifically if any changes have been made to add side airbags and/or curtain airbags? I am assuming that is too much of a change for midstream... if not 2008, are they in store for 2009?

The only really new things on the 08 150 are the cargo management and back up camera. Not sure, but I think side curtain air bags will be mandatory by 2010.

The only really new things on the 08 150 are the cargo management and back up camera. Not sure, but I think side curtain air bags will be mandatory by 2010.

Thanks for the reply. I did forget to mention that I was referring to the 150.

So, other than those two things, there is no major reason to wait for a 08 F-150... grabbing an 07 off the lot now I would not be missing out on any major updates for 08?

Thanks for the reply. I did forget to mention that I was referring to the 150.

So, other than those two things, there is no major reason to wait for a 08 F-150... grabbing an 07 off the lot now I would not be missing out on any major updates for 08?

Other than those two, I cant really think of any. The only other possibilities I could think of would be: Voice-Activated Nav system (if not offered on 07s already), and maybe Sync? (late availability if even offered on 08s, Ford may just wait until the 09s)

• 2 weeks later...
Other than those two, I cant really think of any. The only other possibilities I could think of would be: Voice-Activated Nav system (if not offered on 07s already), and maybe Sync? (late availability if even offered on 08s, Ford may just wait until the 09s)

I believe I saw on KBB that a dealer-installed remote start option will be available for 2008 models. Do not know if it can be retrofitted to 2007 and older models. Would be a nice feature in hot climates like Phoenix.

Actually this is probably a better link to answer your question: http://www.fordf150.net/2008/2008-ford-f150-overview.php

Can someone confirm that the FX2 package is available for the first time on the regular cab/flareside combo? If so, are the leather seats available and if not, why not?

Why haven't leather seats historically been available on the regular cab?

(I currently drive a Chrysler 300C but must reluctantly part with that car because of an impending move. What I need is a pick up truck, but I cannot stand the bulk of the extended cabs and supercrews. I want an old fashioned classic pickup - regular cab/short bed - but want to lux it up a bit if I can. A dealer mentioned to me yesterday that the FX2 package is newly available for 2008 on the regular cab, and that sounds wonderful -espcially if I can also get leather. Is this true, and is the FX 2 package on the regular cab available for immediate order? If so, I may be rejoining the Ford family!)

Thanks, Turbo77

The answer appears to be the FX2 Sport package is indeed available on the regular cab/flareside combo, but cannot be obtained with a leather interior (nor with a console, it appears). It also cannot be ordered with the V6 engine, but can be had with the Hemi-comparable 5.4 V-8. That could be one kick-ass truck!

On the plus side, a regular cab ordered this way will come with a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and will boast a black cloth interior rather than grey. I guess leather in a regular cab just isn't done - a job for the aftermarket, I presume.

I assume there's no sunroof option for a regular cab, either.

Again, thanks Turbo. Now let's hope a local dealer or two will be able to see the potential in this combination and orders one for stock. I can't be the only one out there that, especially as the F 150 has grown in size and bulk, appreciates the classic virtues of the regular cab/short bed.

Does anyone know if Ford is going to have a left dead pedal standard? I hate not having a left dead pedal to rest your left foot. I don't find putting my feet flat on the floor all that comfortable. That is one thing the import trucks seem to have put in all their trucks.

Does anyone know if Ford is going to have a left dead pedal standard? I hate not having a left dead pedal to rest your left foot. I don't find putting my feet flat on the floor all that comfortable. That is one thing the import trucks seem to have put in all their trucks.

The F-150 (and most Ford vehicles) unfortunately doesnt have a left dead pedal, unless they've changed it recently. I wish Ford would put them in, a lot nicer than the floor as you said.