Ford cuts warranty expenses by $700 million

Don't our Mazdas have 4/50 b2b?

Not sure. I know it was 4/50 powertrain. Either way, I didn't have ANY problems in the first 50K regardless. It's been a pretty solid car so far....68K and ticking. Only problems so far was the spring on the ashtray door ejected itself and the clearcoat on all the plastic exterior parts is abyssmal. That latter problem is likely more due to the fact that I rarely ever wash the thing though.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure. I know it was 4/50 powertrain. Either way, I didn't have ANY problems in the first 50K regardless. It's been a pretty solid car so far....68K and ticking. Only problems so far was the spring on the ashtray door ejected itself and the clearcoat on all the plastic exterior parts is abyssmal. That latter problem is likely more due to the fact that I rarely ever wash the thing though.

One waxing a year does wonders to prevent clearcoat damage from salt and bird shit. At 2.5 years and 27k the only problem I've had is my fuel filler door got stuck. I called my sales guy, told him, he had me bring it in, got me a loaner, called me 4 hours later said it was fixed. That's what I call service. I've referred friends there and they were very satisfied with the service as well. Guy's name is Gary Medved at SESI in Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti.

One waxing a year does wonders to prevent clearcoat damage from salt and bird shit.

I think it's more a case of awful clearcoat. I never washed my first car (POS Saturn SL2) either and the clearcoat never peeled off in giant flakes like it is on the Mazda. So far it has been limited to around the front licence plate frame, lower air intake, and bumper cover edges though. Anything that is actual metal seems to be holding up just fine.

I think it's more a case of awful clearcoat. I never washed my first car (POS Saturn SL2) either and the clearcoat never peeled off in giant flakes like it is on the Mazda. So far it has been limited to around the front licence plate frame, lower air intake, and bumper cover edges though. Anything that is actual metal seems to be holding up just fine.

Saturns are/were plastic, the clearcoat would adhear much better I believe. Sounds like the rubber pieces are causing the problems. Also, sometimes you can get a dealer to fix the clearcoat for you. I know paint on my parents Club Wagon went to hell outside the warranty but they got a reduced price fix. If you can find more examples of how it was a OEM error that just is happening now you get a break of some sort.