2009 Wheelbase options

Mower Man

• 4 weeks later...
I would assume the options are about the same as currently offered.

Isn't the 2009 just a "refreshing" of the 2007-2008's? From what I've read, the 2009 will have the three bar grille, so it should bear a strong resemblance to the Expedition. If it's just a "refreshing", then there probably won't be any changes to the wheelbases and/or cab styles.

Isn't the 2009 just a "refreshing" of the 2007-2008's? From what I've read, the 2009 will have the three bar grille, so it should bear a strong resemblance to the Expedition. If it's just a "refreshing", then there probably won't be any changes to the wheelbases and/or cab styles.

Crew cabs are getting an extra 6" added to the cab (and wheelbase).

There is going to be over 1600 parts changes to the 09...I don't think I'd call that a refresh.

It is getting a variant of the three bar...while it might look similar to an Expy at a distance, up close it's not even close.

Crew cabs are getting an extra 6" added to the cab (and wheelbase).

There is going to be over 1600 parts changes to the 09...I don't think I'd call that a refresh.

It is getting a variant of the three bar...while it might look similar to an Expy at a distance, up close it's not even close.

Will the SCabs get bigger like the Tundra and Ram? I like the current size of the SCrew, but may go with SCab since I think the SCrew will be too big.

It would be a real trick to put an 8' box on a 139" truck (crew cab with 5.5' box). Today's regular cab with an 8' is 145". While it might be possible, it would look very strange with all the overhang pass the rear wheels.

Current wheelbases:

Regular cab 6.5 box = 126"

Regualr cab 8' box = 145"

Supercab 5.5' box = 133"

Subercab 6.5' box = 145"

Supercab 8' box = 163" (heavy duty only)

Crewcab 5.5' box = 139"

Crewcab 6.5' box = 151"

Crewcabs grow 6" for 2009

Will the SCabs get bigger like the Tundra and Ram? I like the current size of the SCrew, but may go with SCab since I think the SCrew will be too big.

I read somewhere that the new largest cab available (unsure of the name) will be larger than Dodge's MegaCab and Toyota's whatever it's called (CrewMax??).

Edited by rmc523

IMO this would make a great looking F-150. Maybe square the headlights a bit more, like Expedition.

2009f150.jpg

Edited by rmc523

of.JPG

More pictures here....

http://news.windingroad.com/body-stylesmar...otypes-spotted/

Edited by rmc523