Is there any way to lower an 08 F-250?

Lee F

I have an 08 F-250 on order, and I would like to lower it a couple inches to provide more clearance for my 5th wheel. Is their an easy way to do this, without compromising the ride? Actually it probably only needs the rear lowered since it sits higher than the front.

I have an 08 F-250 on order, and I would like to lower it a couple inches to provide more clearance for my 5th wheel. Is their an easy way to do this, without compromising the ride? Actually it probably only needs the rear lowered since it sits higher than the front.

Maybe you could go with smaller diameter tires?

You should see how much the 250 sits once loaded and then make changes. Is the truck 2wd or 4wd? I know the 2wd sits lower in the front, and probably sits lower in the rear as well. So there are probably different spacer blocks for 2wd and 4wd. I know there are different spacer blocks on 4wd 250's vs 350's.

If this is a 4X4, you can use the available OEM two inch spacers instead of the factory installed 4 inchers in the rear. (you'll need shocks and shorter u bolts too) This was a fairly common issue with the earler s-duties, so much so I think that there was a TSB or SSM about it.

I should have stated in the first post, it is an F-250 Supercab, long bed, 6.4 diesel, 4X4. When fully loaded and the 5th wheel hooked up there is aprox. 1500# in the bed. That doesn't drop the rear of the truck enough to provide proper clearance unless I raise the pin height which then makes the trailer nose high. Since the rear of the truck is still several inches higher than the front, I was hoping there was an easy way to drop the height a couple inches.

As Hydro stated, I do have the option of raising the trailer. Since it has torsion axels, they can't be "flipped", but, a spacer can be installed below the frame to raise it. I was trying to avoid this since it is a lot of work, and it raises the center of gravity which decreases stability, reduces roof clearance, increases the hight of the first step and increases wind resistance which decreases mileage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have pulled many trailers in my life and currenttly have a 08 F450 4x4 and have no problem pulling anyones 5th wheel.

The best and fastest way is flip your axles on the trailer. I would not put air bags on your truck, much more costly, and you run the chance in voiding your warranty.

How much room do you have from the top of the bed to the bottom side of 5th wheel?

• 2 weeks later...
If this is a 4X4, you can use the available OEM two inch spacers instead of the factory installed 4 inchers in the rear. (you'll need shocks and shorter u bolts too) This was a fairly common issue with the earler s-duties, so much so I think that there was a TSB or SSM about it.

The 250s come with 2" blocks. Only the 350s come with the 4" blocks.

texassuperduty