Ford - Goodbye Forever

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, outside of Cleveland, Ohio.

And it is NO joke-I would give all my loyal customers the same consideration!!

Its nice to hear of someone that still cares.

Too many dealers have uncaring service managers/advisors that leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Its enough to walk from the brand

Its nice to hear of someone that still cares.

Too many dealers have uncaring service managers/advisors that leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Its enough to walk from the brand

Come on! All dealers would say that they care BEFORE you buy a car......

Yes sir! They care about the bottom line only! Once they got your money....... They don't care anymore......

Come on! All dealers would say that they care BEFORE you buy a car......

Yes sir! They care about the bottom line only! Once they got your money....... They don't care anymore......

Oh, Lemon, don't be such a sourpuss! :)

In my experience, if we do not take care of the customer on the service end, they will not come back and buy again. I know that is pretty basic, huh?

Edited by Tiberius1701

In my experience, if we do not take care of the customer on the service end, they will not come back and buy again. I know that is pretty basic, huh?

too many service advisors think its the salespersons problem to retain and resell to custommers

Yes! You are soooooooooooo right! And this is exactly what's happening.... Ford keeps losing “loyal†customers…

Yes! You are soooooooooooo right! And this is exactly what's happening.... Ford keeps losing “loyal†customers…

To make sure I understand you you are referring to Ford as a corporate entity and are not in any way making this a personal attack, correct? And in my world I employ all of the tools that Ford puts at my disposal to take care of my customers.

too many service advisors think its the salespersons problem to retain and resell to custommers

Not in ths man's book. I have 23 years at this job and have had every position "in the back". I believe I have a pretty good grip on what it takes!

Hey Mr.Honda boy thats it jump ship and buy you little toy car. Thats the problem nobody's buying North American and thats killing our C.A.W. & fellow U.A.W. brothers and sisters jobs. You make me sick I hope you don't work for one of the big 3, cause that would be a dam shame. Laidoff Autoworker :angry: This post was for scottyboy 5484

Edited by Rookie

To make sure I understand you you are referring to Ford as a corporate entity and are not in any way making this a personal attack, correct? And in my world I employ all of the tools that Ford puts at my disposal to take care of my customers.

Lemon and his friend Otis seem to confuse Ford Motor COmpany and the local dealers. That somehow one can control 100% of the actions of the other.

Which we all know is not true and not possible.

You MAY be one in a million....

Dealerships are guilty by association.

Everybody knows the tricks.....

Ford dealership:

“We are not responsible. It is Ford’s responsibilityâ€

Ford Motor Co:

â€We are not responsible! Go back to the dealership where you bought the car!â€

Ford dealership:

â€We don’t build the cars! We just sell them! Call Ford customer service. It's Ford's problemâ€

Anyway! you're not learning anything here as you already know these tricks!

Anyway! you're not learning anything here as you already know these tricks!

Now that was just not nice.

I just now took a look at the website. Now I know what to make of you. I will offer no more fodder for your "conspiracy machine". I think it is time for you to get over it. I am truly sorry about what The Company and your local dealer have put you through-but attacking me will not help you one iota.

Just imagine had you channelled the time you spent on this into something productive. Although you have probably had numerous people tell you that.

Edited by Tiberius1701

Not in ths man's book. I have 23 years at this job and have had every position "in the back". I believe I have a pretty good grip on what it takes!

That is very refreshing to hear but I am across the US from you in Wa. state and my local dealer could f--k up a wet dream and has on my vehicles more than once, only way I go there is for warranty work and am pretty nervous at that.

That is very refreshing to hear but I am across the US from you in Wa. state and my local dealer could f--k up a wet dream and has on my vehicles more than once, only way I go there is for warranty work and am pretty nervous at that.

That is a sad thing indeed. At my store we have in my opinion a group of very talented technicians and staff. I guess I am just really fortunate. But no matter how hard we try we do indeed make mistakes. And of course, you can't make everybody a satisfied customer no matter how hard you try.

Case in point: I have a customer who I will refer to as "Mr. 500". He took delivery of a brand new minimally equipped FiveHundred. Upon delivery he noted that the instrument panel storage cubby on top of the dash was bubbling. There is a TSB for this, we ordered and installed a new panel-which is made of a different material. Well this just was not satisfatory to "Mr. 500". So we looked at every 500 on the lot with a matching interior to try and satisfy him-No Dice! Escalated to Ford Customer relations...you get the idea.

I wonder what would happen if something were to really go wrong.

That is a sad thing indeed. At my store we have in my opinion a group of very talented technicians and staff. I guess I am just really fortunate. But no matter how hard we try we do indeed make mistakes. And of course, you can't make everybody a satisfied customer no matter how hard you try.

Case in point: I have a customer who I will refer to as "Mr. 500". He took delivery of a brand new minimally equipped FiveHundred. Upon delivery he noted that the instrument panel storage cubby on top of the dash was bubbling. There is a TSB for this, we ordered and installed a new panel-which is made of a different material. Well this just was not satisfatory to "Mr. 500". So we looked at every 500 on the lot with a matching interior to try and satisfy him-No Dice! Escalated to Ford Customer relations...you get the idea.

I wonder what would happen if something were to really go wrong.

yr above comments interesting.

I picked up my Montego Premier in October 2005

since then:

ABS warning light-sensor either replaced or reconnected,

Airbag warning light has come on twice.Selling dealer did not find codes. After taking car to another dealer who did find a code regarding the system. Car was returned to selling dealer for service only to be called later in the day "FORD has said not to work on the vehicle as they have had similiar reports and are working on the problem",

Front Struts and Springs had to be replaced,

Rattle in interior that dealer cant find,

GPS while accepting address in memory can't map it,

Front seat leather badly rippled dealer sent car to upholstery shop car returned to me same way. dealer replaced leather and it is still pretty much the same way. "thats the best you willl get it'.

Last Saturday the oval interior clock stopped working.

When I approached the owner of the dealer regarding the airbags "The airbags are supplemental to the seat belts and the car is a very safe car"

Told by Service manager that I should contact Ford customer service, escalated it to management offices only to have the dealer say the car is drivable and they wont do anything.

Any comments/ideas

yr above comments interesting.

I picked up my Montego Premier in October 2005

since then:

ABS warning light-sensor either replaced or reconnected,

Airbag warning light has come on twice.Selling dealer did not find codes. After taking car to another dealer who did find a code regarding the system. Car was returned to selling dealer for service only to be called later in the day "FORD has said not to work on the vehicle as they have had similiar reports and are working on the problem",

Front Struts and Springs had to be replaced,

Rattle in interior that dealer cant find,

GPS while accepting address in memory can't map it,

Front seat leather badly rippled dealer sent car to upholstery shop car returned to me same way. dealer replaced leather and it is still pretty much the same way. "thats the best you willl get it'.

Last Saturday the oval interior clock stopped working.

When I approached the owner of the dealer regarding the airbags "The airbags are supplemental to the seat belts and the car is a very safe car"

Told by Service manager that I should contact Ford customer service, escalated it to management offices only to have the dealer say the car is drivable and they wont do anything.

Any comments/ideas

Well first of all I am sorry you are having the difficulties with your Montego. I have not experienced a Five Hundred or Freestyle with the number of concerns that you are reporting. I would like to think that that is the norm.

Your ABS concern - has the problem returned or is it repaired?

What caused the struts and springs to be replaced-noise or handling issue?

Rattle in interior-Front sides or rear of cabin? Is it erratic?

GPS issue - Pioneer manufactures the system for us. There is an issue with software if you are in Michigan, but this mosly has to do with routing. Could it fix yours? Without more info, I can't tell.

Leather ripped-What caused the rip? Internal seat construction or outside force? Reapir was done but still is the same way-what, ripped? More detail please. I can't see replacing a seat cover assembly and having it be ripped.

Clock should be replaced-I have not seen this on this platform-I really can't remember the last time we replaced an analog clock here.

Airbag warning issue - Occasionally service engineering has to develop a procedure to correct certain faults - airbags are of course something that are definitely of concern. I would hope your dealer will keep track of the concern with Ford and provide a repair ASAP. You state the lamp has come on twice, has it come back on? Can't say I agree with the dealers statement, but I am not in a position to debate it.

Oh, And I hope the :angry: was aimed at your car/situation, not at yours truly. :)

Edited by Tiberius1701

Some think the severe "corner-cutting" will occur in the future when Ford really has to tighten their belt.

I have a feeling you (and many others) will be joining me somewhere down the reliability road..........

So much for "gone forever". Some people need to realize the difference between "leaving" and "drama queen".

As quality has RISEN (the Five Hundred and Fusions have had much better launches than their forbears, and better than the Avalon and the Civic, for example), and the quality surveys are mattering more, the entire industry has the choice of getting better or dying.

Could Ford do better? Sure. They're trying. But they've learned (after the Nasser Nightmare) that "good enough to compete" isn't impressing anyone anymore.

But hey, that doesn't matter...you're getting a Honda "truck"! Funny, the Ridgeline is lambasted for being the ugliest vehicle on the road and has had a less-than-glorious debut year (ask about the road test where all four struts blew, or the slow sales!). Honda also has been having serious and constant issues with their automatics...which are mandatory in Ridgelines.

The Odyssey has had a dozen recalls.

But hey, quality issues only happen to Ford, right? Sure. Besides, you're "gone forever"...you won't even get to read this! :D :D

The difference is how you are treated. I had a 1999 Odyssey (first year of new design). The transmission had to be replaced at 112,000 mi. This was shortly after Honda extended the warranties on '99 transmissions to 100,000 mi. Honda replaced the transmission for free. The only thing that came out of my pocket was the labor for the tech. Pretty good deal for a van that was 76,000 mi out of its warranty.

Among the responsibilities that dealers have is responding to customer concerns. Ford has 35 million+ customers and cannot deal with them one on one and that is why there is a dealer network. When you call the 800 number, they transmit your concern to your dealership for handling.

The dealership employees have a lot of latitude, even out of warranty, to spend their, and Ford's, money where they feel it is justified. They know the service history (or lack thereof), can see the condition of the vehicle and can assess if the dollars spent will help retain a customer, etc. They have lots of resources to help them if they need advice, clarification, diagnostic help, etc.

If you are a good customer (done your maintenance work with the dealership , long term history of purchasing vehicles from them, etc.) with an $800, out of warranty concern, they might be willing to split the repair cost between themselves, Ford and you. If all they see you for is warranty work and they are told time after time that you will never buy another vehicle from them, why would they be willing to offer assistance out of warranty? They might be polite, but won't feel like spending $200 or more out of their pocket to help with the repair. Nor will they commit Ford to help since they will be questioned why it was all one way. The funds that Ford allow them to spend require explanation and participation from the dealership.

Edited by dfs

Well first of all I am sorry you are having the difficulties with your Montego. I have not experienced a Five Hundred or Freestyle with the number of concerns that you are reporting. I would like to think that that is the norm.

Your ABS concern - has the problem returned or is it repaired?

What caused the struts and springs to be replaced-noise or handling issue?

Rattle in interior-Front sides or rear of cabin? Is it erratic?

GPS issue - Pioneer manufactures the system for us. There is an issue with software if you are in Michigan, but this mosly has to do with routing. Could it fix yours? Without more info, I can't tell.

Leather ripped-What caused the rip? Internal seat construction or outside force? Repair was done but still is the same way-what, ripped? More detail please. I can't see replacing a seat cover assembly and having it be ripped.

Clock should be replaced-I have not seen this on this platform-I really can't remember the last time we replaced an analog clock here.

Airbag warning issue - Occasionally service engineering has to develop a procedure to correct certain faults - airbags are of course something that are definitely of concern. I would hope your dealer will keep track of the concern with Ford and provide a repair ASAP. You state the lamp has come on twice, has it come back on? Can't say I agree with the dealers statement, but I am not in a position to debate it.

Oh, And I hope the :angry: was aimed at your car/situation, not at yours truly. :)

Thanks for your response

angry at FORD not you

will answer yr comments in order

ABS issue has not returned,

Struts/springs replacement was grinding/banging noise heard when turning/parking at slow speeds,

Rattle is erratic and I know that erratic problems are the hardest to find,

GPS an address that I enter is stored as destination but when the GPS goes to route to that address error comes up that the system is unable to map a route to that address. So it has the address on the DVD shows it, when I enter it, but is unable to map to it. Baker Rd Livingston NJ

Leather is Rippled not ripped. Dealer" Front Pass side back is cut incorrectly and stitched with ripples" Yes Seat Construction is what I would think is causing it also. Maybe fasteners underneath.

Clock-when car goes in next for service they will repair

Now to the airbag issue- The selling dealership was unable to find a code in the OBD.

At the suggestion of FORD customer service I took it to another dealership and they found the following code stored in memory B2290-A0-RCM Occupant Classification System.

Took the car back to the selling dealership and they did find the code when they looked further. Agreed to return the car to the selling dealership only to get a call mid afternoon that they were told by FORD not to work on the car as it is a known issue and the FORD Tech hotline has a case.

No the light has not come back on since those 2 times and when the vehicle is turned off the system seems to reset itself. Is the system even working correctly? Dealer tells me yes because otherwise the warning light would stay lit.

So now for the big question is the car even safe to drive. Will aribags deploy if they are required.

The GREAT crash test results were for cars that were equipped with airbags that deployed properly.

Yes I know to all of you that posted that problems occur with vehicles and many are subject to recalls and can understand that., but did not buy a vehicle to have the number of problems occur in a less than 4 month time frame that started when the car had less than 600 miles and less than 3 weeks old.

The car has been at the dealership 6 times in less than 5 months for service related issues.

I have been a customer at the dealer since 1993 buying 7 cars from them and never had any issues with any vehicle nor their service, thats why I had gone back.

By the way are you in the NYC area?

Among the responsibilities that dealers have is responding to customer concerns. Ford has 35 million+ customers and cannot deal with them one on one and that is why there is a dealer network. When you call the 800 number, they transmit your concern to your dealership for handling.

The dealership employees have a lot of latitude, even out of warranty, to spend their, and Ford's, money where they feel it is justified. They know the service history (or lack thereof), can see the condition of the vehicle and can assess if the dollars spent will help retain a customer, etc. They have lots of resources to help them if they need advice, clarification, diagnostic help, etc.

If you are a good customer (done your maintenance work with the dealership , long term history of purchasing vehicles from them, etc.) with an $800, out of warranty concern, they might be willing to split the repair cost between themselves, Ford and you. If all they see you for is warranty work and they are told time after time that you will never buy another vehicle from them, why would they be willing to offer assistance out of warranty? They might be polite, but won't feel like spending $200 or more out of their pocket to help with the repair. Nor will they commit Ford to help since they will be questioned why it was all one way. The funds that Ford allow them to spend require explanation and participation from the dealership.

My point exactly-well said!!!

Thanks for your response

angry at FORD not you

will answer yr comments in order

ABS issue has not returned,

Struts/springs replacement was grinding/banging noise heard when turning/parking at slow speeds,

Rattle is erratic and I know that erratic problems are the hardest to find,

GPS an address that I enter is stored as destination but when the GPS goes to route to that address error comes up that the system is unable to map a route to that address. So it has the address on the DVD shows it, when I enter it, but is unable to map to it. Baker Rd Livingston NJ

Leather is Rippled not ripped. Dealer" Front Pass side back is cut incorrectly and stitched with ripples" Yes Seat Construction is what I would think is causing it also. Maybe fasteners underneath.

Clock-when car goes in next for service they will repair

Now to the airbag issue- The selling dealership was unable to find a code in the OBD.

At the suggestion of FORD customer service I took it to another dealership and they found the following code stored in memory B2290-A0-RCM Occupant Classification System.

Took the car back to the selling dealership and they did find the code when they looked further. Agreed to return the car to the selling dealership only to get a call mid afternoon that they were told by FORD not to work on the car as it is a known issue and the FORD Tech hotline has a case.

No the light has not come back on since those 2 times and when the vehicle is turned off the system seems to reset itself. Is the system even working correctly? Dealer tells me yes because otherwise the warning light would stay lit.

So now for the big question is the car even safe to drive. Will aribags deploy if they are required.

The GREAT crash test results were for cars that were equipped with airbags that deployed properly.

Yes I know to all of you that posted that problems occur with vehicles and many are subject to recalls and can understand that., but did not buy a vehicle to have the number of problems occur in a less than 4 month time frame that started when the car had less than 600 miles and less than 3 weeks old.

The car has been at the dealership 6 times in less than 5 months for service related issues.

I have been a customer at the dealer since 1993 buying 7 cars from them and never had any issues with any vehicle nor their service, thats why I had gone back.

By the way are you in the NYC area?

No-Cleveland, Ohio.

Steering noise at slow parking manuvuers (with wheel turned tight to the steering limit) is the steering stop grounding out against the spindle horn. We have seen this in FiveHundred and Freestyle models-the fix (which is to be done at vehicle maintenance points) is to apply a long life grease to these horns. If you look under the front end, you can see what I mean. Whether this was your noise, I cannot tell. But we have had several reports on this from customers.

As far as the leather is concerned, if I read ripped, I am sorry. I have not seen this on a FiveHundred, but I believe the sew style and type of leather is different on the Montego. If I get to see one here I will take a look.

There are a couple of known areas for rattles in the D cars, 1-The roof ditch moldings (on either side of the roof where the roof stamping and side stampings are joined) may not be seated properly causing fit or rattle problems and a possible noise from the heater recirculate door and motor area-there are service buulletins on both.

As far as the airbag system is concerned, if the lamp is not illuminated the system will work as designed and the bags will deploy if all the sensors detect a deployable event. Keep in touch with your dealer for updates.

And finally, I agree that you have had far too many visits for a new car. here is to hoping that these items are corrected and you can enjoy your car!

No-Cleveland, Ohio.

Steering noise at slow parking manuvuers (with wheel turned tight to the steering limit) is the steering stop grounding out against the spindle horn. We have seen this in FiveHundred and Freestyle models-the fix (which is to be done at vehicle maintenance points) is to apply a long life grease to these horns. If you look under the front end, you can see what I mean. Whether this was your noise, I cannot tell. But we have had several reports on this from customers.

As far as the leather is concerned, if I read ripped, I am sorry. I have not seen this on a FiveHundred, but I believe the sew style and type of leather is different on the Montego. If I get to see one here I will take a look.

There are a couple of known areas for rattles in the D cars, 1-The roof ditch moldings (on either side of the roof where the roof stamping and side stampings are joined) may not be seated properly causing fit or rattle problems and a possible noise from the heater recirculate door and motor area-there are service buulletins on both.

As far as the airbag system is concerned, if the lamp is not illuminated the system will work as designed and the bags will deploy if all the sensors detect a deployable event. Keep in touch with your dealer for updates.

And finally, I agree that you have had far too many visits for a new car. here is to hoping that these items are corrected and you can enjoy your car!

Too bad yr in Cleveland. Would be there for service!!!

just some clarifications

Steering wheel was not turned to the limit the noise was clunking/grinding from front end when turning wheel.

re airbags understand what you say about sensors but if a code showed up in diagnostic then is that part working at all?

Thanks for yr feedback