OH MY JESUS!!! MY EYES BURN!!!!!!!

NightHawk150

I gotta say slowly but surely I'm warming up to it. I'm over the initial shock. I think the biggest issue at first was that we've been so used to the waterfall-style grille on the Navigator that this new style was a huge shock. I was truthfully angry when I first saw the pictures of the 2007 Navigator. After a little time I said "okay, it looks decent on the cream-colored one". Now I think I'm starting to like it altogether. Unlike some people I think the rear is much better looking. The interior is nice, but it's hard to say that I like it more than the 2003-2006 version. Hopefully materials quality and fit/finish are top-notch. The side profile i still don't like, I haven't liked it yet - '98-now. The GM SUV's look a lot more muscular and athletic somehow. But, for what is hopefully a brief reprieve until a complete redesign I think I'm okay with this. I only hope the public warms up to it as well.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THERE IS HOPE!!!

If you look at the lincoln site (www.lincoln.com) and go to the 2007 Lincoln Navigator, you will notice that they have a disclaimer on some of the pictures. It reads "Available fall 2006. Appearance of vehicle subject to change."

This is very good. There is no way that they can release it the way it looks with the feedback that they are going to get. The changes shouldn't be huge for Lincoln to make. They can still fix this, and they must have realized that they might need to otherwise why would they add the disclaimer.

On the positive side, I really like the interior.

Edited by BrianP

THERE IS HOPE!!!

If you look at the lincoln site (www.lincoln.com) and go to the 2007 Lincoln Navigator, you will notice that they have a disclaimer on some of the pictures. It reads "Available fall 2006. Appearance of vehicle subject to change."

This is very good. There is no way that they can release it the way it looks with the feedback that they are going to get. The changes shouldn't be huge for Lincoln to make. They can still fix this, and they must have realized that they might need to otherwise why would they add the disclaimer.

On the positive side, I really like the interior.

I think Lincoln has been putting that disclaimer up ever since they showed the Zephyr concept car. By the time it came out it looked much different as the production version and Lincoln got lots of backlash for it.

For those that says the 'Gator doesn't use the MKX-style grill take a second look.

It's does use the same grill... just reproportioned for the much larger vehicle.

It is obvious to me that the Navigator does NOT have the same classic Lincoln grille pattern at all... The classic Lincoln eggcrate is fine small even squares in the background accented by a single thick horizontal bar and five thick vertical ones.

I have been looking at pics of the new Navigator for a couple of days and I still don't like it. Looks like a mouth full of braces.. and the bottom grille reminds me of the bottom grille on a refridgerator. History has repeated itself... It's 1959 again and vehicles are again very gaudy and oversized...

Edited by Watchdevil

I just caught this thread. I'm not in the Navi/Expy market, but I was curious.

They're chopped, trust me. You can mask an image on a surface and obtain a reflection like you have on the side of that "driving through the desert" pic, likewise you can add light sources that create the colors reflected in the grille of the Nav in the same pic.

Tell-tale sign it's a chop: the hotspot in the grille that would require a diffusion screen bigger than the Navigator itself off the frame to the left. Otherwise you've got this bright spot on a part of the vehicle that's in the shade. A diffusion screen of that size would affect the shadow cast by the vehicle, and there is no change.

Also reflection of the rims on sunfaded asphalt? I don't think so.

Richard, I don't know if they're chopped, but you need to be corrected. First of all, it would not be hard to have a small (about 9-10 sq ft) bounce card aimed directly at the grille. It wouldn't affect the rest of the shadows at all. I have friends that do this kind of thing (for video) for a living. Secondly, that isn't a reflection of the rims bouncing off sunfaded asphalt. That's a reflection of the bright sun bouncing off chrome rims onto the asphalt. It's normal, and very much expected for the brightness (and angle) of the sun as seen by the sharp edges of the Navi's shadow.

As to the looks of the Navi grille, like I said - I'm not the target market, however, IMO it looks like something I'd expect to see at Toys 'r' Us.

I just caught this thread. I'm not in the Navi/Expy market, but I was curious.

Richard, I don't know if they're chopped, but you need to be corrected. First of all, it would not be hard to have a small (about 9-10 sq ft) bounce card aimed directly at the grille. It wouldn't affect the rest of the shadows at all. I have friends that do this kind of thing (for video) for a living. Secondly, that isn't a reflection of the rims bouncing off sunfaded asphalt. That's a reflection of the bright sun bouncing off chrome rims onto the asphalt. It's normal, and very much expected for the brightness (and angle) of the sun as seen by the sharp edges of the Navi's shadow.

As to the looks of the Navi grille, like I said - I'm not the target market, however, IMO it looks like something I'd expect to see at Toys 'r' Us.

Aiming a bounce card at a moving vehicle? Ford's publicity photographers aren't that good. I mean I guess it's possible. Still, I'm going to say the grille still doesn't look like it's lit by a bounce card or diffuser or anything.

Edit: That vehicle isn't moving--the running board's are out. That mean's the vehicle's in park, if it's running. So if it's not moving, why the heck did Ford park it in the shade?

Also, that is chrome reflected from the asphalt. I mean, yeah, it's light from the sun that bounces off the wheels, but it still requires the asphalt to more reflective than asphalt typically is... So

Edited by RichardJensen

Here's another picture, from Edmunds:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Autos...icleId=109248#1

post-20203-1139884071_thumb.jpg

"And that bigness was hard to conceal underneath the sheets, which soon fell away to reveal the largest infestation of chrome ever to land on the grille of a motor vehicle. Evidently, Lincoln didn't pop that all-important "Is this the right amount of bling?" question to its customers as Cadillac did with the Escalade. Or if it did, it got a very different answer."

Under bright lights, up close, it does not get any prettier.

Here's another picture, from Edmunds:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Autos...icleId=109248#1

post-20203-1139884071_thumb.jpg

"And that bigness was hard to conceal underneath the sheets, which soon fell away to reveal the largest infestation of chrome ever to land on the grille of a motor vehicle. Evidently, Lincoln didn't pop that all-important "Is this the right amount of bling?" question to its customers as Cadillac did with the Escalade. Or if it did, it got a very different answer."

Under bright lights, up close, it does not get any prettier.

Yanno, it's kinda growing on me. It looks pretty decent under those lights.

This is why Ford is in such trouble. Does anyone at Ford know what a car or a truck should look like? They attempt to take some styling risk, but it goes all wrong. The Navigator will get slammed by the all-new Escalade and Ford will clam up and never take any styling risk again. The people that run Ford Motor need to be run out of town, starting with King William.

This is why Ford is in such trouble. Does anyone at Ford know what a car or a truck should look like? They attempt to take some styling risk, but it goes all wrong. The Navigator will get slammed by the all-new Escalade and Ford will clam up and never take any styling risk again. The people that run Ford Motor need to be run out of town, starting with King William.

I saw the 07 Navigator at MTP the other day and it looks great. The 07 Expedition looks like shit on the outside but the inside looks good. These pictures on this website of the Navigator makes it look bad, trust me the Navigator looks great up close inside and out. It will give the Escalade a run for its money. I saw a Escalade on the street and the front looks good but the rest of the truck looks like the 2000 model.

The all new Tahoe is going to kill the 07 Expedition. Sales of the new Tahoe was up 51% last month. Plus when you are at crusing speeds only 4 cylinders can run saving you a lot of gas. Ford better match that or its over.

I saw the 07 Navigator at MTP the other day and it looks great. The 07 Expedition looks like shit on the outside but the inside looks good. These pictures on this website of the Navigator makes it look bad, trust me the Navigator looks great up close inside and out. It will give the Escalade a run for its money. I saw a Escalade on the street and the front looks good but the rest of the truck looks like the 2000 model.

The all new Tahoe is going to kill the 07 Expedition. Sales of the new Tahoe was up 51% last month. Plus when you are at crusing speeds only 4 cylinders can run saving you a lot of gas. Ford better match that or its over.

Tahoe may have been up 51% but only 3000 units of the 13000k sold were the '07 model. The remaining 10000k units are the old model. They are giving them away........

Tahoe may have been up 51% but only 3000 units of the 13000k sold were the '07 model. The remaining 10000k units are the old model. They are giving them away........

Could be right about that, wait about 6 months and look again. I think the new expedition looks like crap too. I have an '05 and love it compared to the look of the new one. I liked the last two navigators better also. If the tahoe had a fold in rear seat that would sell the deal for me. Guess I will be keeping my '05 for a while.

• 2 months later...

When I first saw the 07 Nav. I thought... please God, tell me this is the ultra-G-d out special edition and the other Navs look classy. Unfortunately, this is it. 103 HP short of the Escalade and not as nice-looking. The interior does rock, and I would like the front end much more if the top chrome lip wasn't so blocky.

As a previous 00 and 03 owner I am very dissapointed at the appearance/performance ofthe 07 model.

Unfortunately I was looking for an improvement in HP/torque. The previous interior from 03-06 was a

excellent setup that took the industry by suprise. How much business has Ford diverted to Caddilac.

The grille and rear are hideous - I saw the pictures from Chicago. I've also spotted a preproduction 07

exiting I275 onto Michigan Ave. The pictures are accurate and after observing the truck in person

my opion has not changed - someone really dropped the ball on this. With at 3$ a gallon this isn't the

time to introduce a flop. I see big time rebates to move these trucks in the future.

As a previous 00 and 03 owner I am very dissapointed at the appearance/performance ofthe 07 model.

Unfortunately I was looking for an improvement in HP/torque. The previous interior from 03-06 was a

excellent setup that took the industry by suprise. How much business has Ford diverted to Caddilac.

The grille and rear are hideous - I saw the pictures from Chicago. I've also spotted a preproduction 07

exiting I275 onto Michigan Ave. The pictures are accurate and after observing the truck in person

my opion has not changed - someone really dropped the ball on this. With at 3$ a gallon this isn't the

time to introduce a flop. I see big time rebates to move these trucks in the future.

I was shocked at how different the Navi looked in person. All of the photos taken don't do it justice. The grille and chrome strip up top are not as gawdy as I thought. Actually, it looks pretty nice when you approach the vehicle at normal height rather than up on a stage. I think people that have not seen it in person should wait until they see it on the street. Dare I say it but the new Navi seemed smaller than I thought and the gaps in the grille are not nearly as bad as the pictures let on. On the otherhand, I had to stare at the Expy for a while. I like the lines of the front but that grille. I did not get to see it at regular height so I still have to hold off judgement but the gaps in the grille looked huge. Hopefully it was just because the stage placed them right in your face at an unflattering angle. Kind of like the Navi Photos.

Bottom line is they will sell and the front end is much nicer in person when viewed at normal angles.

The Navigator is a gross death barge that is destroying the planet for future civilizations, all for someones vanity and a profit margin for the shareholders.

You guy's should be ashamed!

Live simple so others may simply live.

Yeah, but how do you really feel? :rolleyes:

The Navigator is a gross death barge that is destroying the planet for future civilizations, all for someones vanity and a profit margin for the shareholders.

If you feel like paying the money, drive whatever you damn well please.

Funny thing about tree-huggers? Most of them drive some piece of crap 25 year old econobox that pollutes more when it's parked and not even running than a new Navigator does cruising at highway speed.

:kuko:

Quit smokin your hemp clothes and get bent!