Visteon ACH TEMPS are going to vote on the National

wildosvt

Why is it someone who is not apart of our contract get to vote on it? How do you guys feel about it?

I can wholeheartedly agree with them voting on local agreements, They pay local dues.

But National Ford contract? COME ON!

Everyone needs to speak their minds to their regional reps etc. ASAP!!!!

An example of "why".

If they offer the temps a pay raise and a cut for Ford workers, How do you think they will vote? Why should they have a say in our pay cut? Not to mention any other changes that involve our contract. The TEMPs at ACH plants fall under the Visteon supplement. They have a different contract to vote on, If the international even steps up to the plate for them.

Why is it someone who is not apart of our contract get to vote on it? How do you guys feel about it?

I can wholeheartedly agree with them voting on local agreements, They pay local dues.

An example of "why".

If they offer the temps a pay raise and a cut for Ford workers, How do you think they will vote? Why should they have a say in our pay cut? Not to mention any other changes that involve our contract. The TEMPs at ACH plants fall under the Visteon supplement. They have a different contract to vote on, If the international even steps up to the plate for them.

Will anything in the national agreement affect them? If so, they get to vote.

An example of "why".

Under NLRB rules and the Taft-Hartley ACT, as long as they pay Union dues, they have a "Voice & Vote". They do fall under the current national agreement as TFT's.

Edited by BTV to SHV Transferee

I know that when we had our strike authorization vote on Tuesday, at the time I was there I saw more temps voting than non temps. The temps at our plant are covered under The Visteon Supplemental Agreement (What ever that is? And who the heck has a copy of it? They don't) They are threatened by management on a daily basis, they are under constant threat of being fired, yet blindly, and in fear of loosing their jobs (They don't have a clue if they could be fired for not crossing the line should a strike occur) They voted in great numbers, and most I talked to voted in support of the full time employees, and in trust of the full time employees. I was very proud to see that. Our vote passed 99%

• 4 weeks later...
I know that when we had our strike authorization vote on Tuesday, at the time I was there I saw more temps voting than non temps. The temps at our plant are covered under The Visteon Supplemental Agreement (What ever that is? And who the heck has a copy of it? They don't) They are threatened by management on a daily basis, they are under constant threat of being fired, yet blindly, and in fear of loosing their jobs (They don't have a clue if they could be fired for not crossing the line should a strike occur) They voted in great numbers, and most I talked to voted in support of the full time employees, and in trust of the full time employees. I was very proud to see that. Our vote passed 99%

The temps are coverded under appendix K of the national contract and that is the reason they have a right to vote. I also witnessed as many or possibly more temps voting than Blue members. What is really sad is the abuse these temps receive from our Blue members. You would expect it from the company not from U.A.W. members. These folks are trying to make a living just like the rest of us but at a shitting rate of pay. To add insult to injury seniority employees degrade them on a daily basis, no wonder they are scared shitless for them to vote!