Avon,Wayne,Louisville 1,800 jobs

CSMJ

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what would prevent ford from placing the Transit at OHAP?

Nothing that I can see, they will have to build anywhere they put it. The advantage to having it at OHAP is that it is within short haul range (1.5 hours drive away) from all of their suppliers that currently build parts for the E-series. These suppliers have equipment that are capable of building the large scale parts needed to assemble the Transit! Also our paint shop can handle a high top van! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Is OHAP still on weekly overtime and mandatory Saturdays?

Our jobs bank dictates that we should be working 10's but they are holding off, not giving any more than they have to. Before the consolidation any time our order bank was at 16,000 we would be working 9 hour days and when it was at 20,000 we would be on 10 hours. our order bank is now at 20,000 and we should be working 10 hours but their only running 8 to 8.5. I think their holding off till the contract is settled. At some point they will be forced on overtime to keep up with the demand. They did have 6 Saturdays scheduled and then canceled them! I believe that they are waiting to reschedule them until Navistar resumes shipments of diesels! I've heard that we have a back order of 20,000 diesels alone. That would mean that in October when we get our diesels back that we will have an order bank of 40,000 and based on our capacity we will have to work maximum overtime (10 hours and every other Saturday) to keep up with the demand!

Our jobs bank dictates that we should be working 10's but they are holding off, not giving any more than they have to. Before the consolidation any time our order bank was at 16,000 we would be working 9 hour days and when it was at 20,000 we would be on 10 hours. our order bank is now at 20,000 and we should be working 10 hours but their only running 8 to 8.5. I think their holding off till the contract is settled. At some point they will be forced on overtime to keep up with the demand. They did have 6 Saturdays scheduled and then canceled them! I believe that they are waiting to reschedule them until Navistar resumes shipments of diesels! I've heard that we have a back order of 20,000 diesels alone. That would mean that in October when we get our diesels back that we will have an order bank of 40,000 and based on our capacity we will have to work maximum overtime (10 hours and every other Saturday) to keep up with the demand!

So, with that kind of schedule do you honestly think you have enough production capacity left for the Transit, if it ends up being built in the U.S.?

So, with that kind of schedule do you honestly think you have enough production capacity left for the Transit, if it ends up being built in the U.S.?

3rd Crew, and/or second trim line.

plus Transit is expected to take some E-series sales. This is what Flex was made to do.

Join the club. KTP's stated order bank is 75K+ with 72 days supply (Wards.com as of 8/31/2007) and we are working 8-9 hrs per day with supposed down weeks in OCT, Nov, and Dec. None of the info the company is disseminating makes sense.

Join the club. KTP's stated order bank is 75K+ with 72 days supply (Wards.com as of 8/31/2007) and we are working 8-9 hrs per day with supposed down weeks in OCT, Nov, and Dec. None of the info the company is disseminating makes sense.

That doesn't make sense, unless their building inventory to overt a disruption in supply if they force us to strike! I know when I was hauling new Crystlers the last time you guys settled a contract, Crystler was over building and staging them everywhere! So if they are over building then after the contract is settled they will have to much inventory and no need to build until the excess inventory is gone!

Edited by Furious1Auto