$4000 Car showroom tax for high Co2 Mondeo in the UK

Ford Jellymoulds

There's no way in hell that 1.6L is going to move the Mondeo, I have the same engine in my Focus and it barely keeps it moving, I seriously can't imagine anyone opting for the 1.4L gasoline engine for the Focus...

Do you have dual VCT with a small, low pressure turbo in your 1.6l. I know the difference between the 1.6l and 1.6l TI-VCT is quite evident, so iimagine a dual VCT with a low pressure turbo, it would move the Mondeo, not 0-60 Car & Driver wannabe mover but for the average family consumer, it would be a very nice set up.

Edited by MKII

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have dual VCT with a small, low pressure turbo in your 1.6l. I know the difference between the 1.6l and 1.6l TI-VCT is quite evident, so iimagine a dual VCT with a low pressure turbo, it would move the Mondeo, not 0-60 Car & Driver wannabe mover but for the average family consumer, it would be a very nice set up.

I don't know much about the TI-VCT, it's not even offered here. But seriously the 1.6L is having an extremely hard time moving the Focus, I'd easily say 11 to 12 seconds to 60MPH.

I don't know much about the TI-VCT, it's not even offered here. But seriously the 1.6L is having an extremely hard time moving the Focus, I'd easily say 11 to 12 seconds to 60MPH.

I hear you on this point. When we were shopping for our new Focus, are 1st test drive was in the 5 door with the 1.6l, and must say it felt quite lazy. Which surprised me as I have this engine in our MY2002 Focus wagon, and does not feel as lazy in comparison to my latest experience with it in the 2007 5 door. Damn good gas mileage though with the 1.6l, its just not a 0-60 beasty.

But the 1.6 TI-VCT feels much more alive more like the 1.8 or 2.0l, with much more pull in the lower rpm range and hangs in there all the way to 6,000 rpm. As I mentioned the difference is very noticeable, so I can imagine what a dual VCT with a turbo would be quite nice.

It not just the Daily Mail Jon

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtm...9/eatory109.xml

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article....mp;in_page_id=2

Yes you are right Jon, this is normally the thing you expect from a loony left wing party. Next year the humble light bulb will no longer be sold in Europe. We have all got to suffer flickering dim low energy light bulbs. We going to have to pay $12 to parking in supermarket, banning the standby button on all electrical appliances, banning big plasma TVs and fridges.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle2426727.ece

Climate change hysteria is proving to be godsend for governments in Europe wanting to raise tax revenues. Here in Britain, it has been seized upon as an exciting new weapon with which to inflict more taxes, fines and regulation on us.

even my news, the "crib notes" version of the local paper (which in itself outsources and regurgitates the majority of articles from the AP and many other agencies) ran a front-page story today claiming the earth will be under at least an extra 1m of water by 2099. I have no idea where they're getting most of this information, as it was quite lightly sourced.

anyway I thought local fluff pieces and "news" would shield me from this carp which is why I subscribed in the first place, but guess not. I'm all for protecting the environment but I'm not buying into any hype being used to stir up votes