Rebate questions

So your folks like their Taurus?

Yeah. Quieter, more powerful, more efficient, and more comfortable than their '01 Sable. What's to lose?

Also, the $1k customer cash may be called "swap cash" during the promotion. I assumed you were seeing both offers....

If both are offered, you qualify for both.

Edited by RichardJensen

I only see the $1K swap bonus cash for your zip code. Where did you see the other $1K?

This is what the Ford website shows me. Trying to sort it out, I see that I qualify for $1000 cash back and the financing(?).

Do you think that it is fairly safe to assume that with a ship date of 9-11-07, our Taurus will make it to Seattle in time for these rebates?

For retail by 10-1-07:

Available cash back incentives:

Swap Bonus Customer cash $1000

Available Cash and APR incentives:

Available APR Only Incentives:

Swap Bonus Customer Cash $1000

APR Financing 3.9/4.9/5.9/7.9

This is what the Ford website shows me. Trying to sort it out, I see that I qualify for $1000 cash back and the financing(?).

Do you think that it is fairly safe to assume that with a ship date of 9-11-07, our Taurus will make it to Seattle in time for these rebates?

For retail by 10-1-07:

Available cash back incentives:

Available Cash and APR incentives:

Available APR Only Incentives:

Swap Bonus Customer Cash $1000

APR Financing 3.9/4.9/5.9/7.9

Right - looks like you can get the $1K Swap bonus cash plus the financing if you want it. There is no extra $1K rebate.

I just checked with my credit union. I can get 4.5/5.2/5.7 on ANY new vehicle I want. I wonder if people even check these APR offers or just assume they can't get better rates on their own.

Many can't. The rate you quote is still .6%/.3% higher than FMC for 36/48 months and likely has a higher credit rating requirement than FMC.

Many can't. The rate you quote is still .6%/.3% higher than FMC for 36/48 months and likely has a higher credit rating requirement than FMC.

Nope - no credit rating requirement. All credit union members get the same rate. OTOH I'm sure the Ford rates are not available to those with questionable credit.

Nope - no credit rating requirement. All credit union members get the same rate. OTOH I'm sure the Ford rates are not available to those with questionable credit.
That's a fantastic rate at your CU. I checked with mine and it's 6.74%.

I will take the 3YR/3.9% from FMC. Do you know it they do 100% financing with the 3.9%?

My funds are tied up until later in the year.

Edited by 2008fordtaurus

Huh? What kinda credit union is that? I've never ever heard of a CU that gives members a rate just because they are a member (Doesn't mean there is on) Seems like everyone with bad credit would join!

Huh? What kinda credit union is that? I've never ever heard of a CU that gives members a rate just because they are a member (Doesn't mean there is on) Seems like everyone with bad credit would join!

It doesn't mean they'll give anyone a loan, either. But they don't have tiered rates. It's Georgia Telco Credit Union in Atlanta. www.gatelco.org .