2008 MUSTANG JOB #2 ORDER GUIDE RELEASE

ice-capades

I keep getting different information on the options for the Bullitt. So far, I know you can get the DVD navigation and the Active anti-theft system, but I also read that you can get the HID headlamps and the Ambient lighting, which I want. My dealership is telling me that I can't have those, yet I have seen a picture of the interior with the Ambient lighting (see below). Does anyone have any updated info on options?

post-13489-1196007772_thumb.jpg

I keep getting different information on the options for the Bullitt. So far, I know you can get the DVD navigation and the Active anti-theft system, but I also read that you can get the HID headlamps and the Ambient lighting, which I want. My dealership is telling me that I can't have those, yet I have seen a picture of the interior with the Ambient lighting (see below). Does anyone have any updated info on options?

I uploaded the latest version of the 2008 Mustang Order Guide (Revised 11/15/2007) which you can find at the top of this page. It includes all the information and ordering restrictions for the Mustang Bullitt on Page 14.

I uploaded the latest version of the 2008 Mustang Order Guide (Revised 11/15/2007) which you can find at the top of this page. It includes all the information and ordering restrictions for the Mustang Bullitt on Page 14.

Yes, I know and I have already looked at it. But it shows the Ambient lighting as a stand-alone option, and included in a package. It is still very confusing, since on the Media.ford.com site it says:

Available options include:

HID headlamps

Shaker 1000 Audio System six-disc CD player, MP3 and 10 speakers

SIRIUS satellite radio

Ambient Lighting

Active Anti-Theft System

Wheel locking kits

The link

http://media.ford.com/products/press_artic...D538E26E15B4ACD

Yes, I know and I have already looked at it. But it shows the Ambient lighting as a stand-alone option, and included in a package. It is still very confusing, since on the Media.ford.com site it says:

Available options include:

HID headlamps

Shaker 1000 Audio System six-disc CD player, MP3 and 10 speakers

SIRIUS satellite radio

Ambient Lighting

Active Anti-Theft System

Wheel locking kits

The link

http://media.ford.com/products/press_artic...D538E26E15B4ACD

All of the options that you listed ARE AVAILABLE on the Mustang Bullitt! The stand alone options shown in the Order Guide are available as long as they meet the restrictions noted for the Bullitt option. The best source for ordering information is the Order Guide which is why I routinely upload it to the Mustang Forum here. The Order Guide is what Ford Dealers use to make sure that we're ordering clean, buildable orders. I hope that this helps clear up the confusion.

All of the options that you listed ARE AVAILABLE on the Mustang Bullitt! The stand alone options shown in the Order Guide are available as long as they meet the restrictions noted for the Bullitt option. The best source for ordering information is the Order Guide which is why I routinely upload it to the Mustang Forum here. The Order Guide is what Ford Dealers use to make sure that we're ordering clean, buildable orders. I hope that this helps clear up the confusion.

Thank you for the info. I just hope nothing is different for Canadian orders.

I'm tempted to suggest that you print out the latest 2008 Mustang Order Guide above and bring it to them! Or you could e-mail them the file!

I did this very thing. My local Ford dealer was using an order guide from June/July 2007. He said "No Bullitt here". I showed him the one I printed out and he still didn't believe me. Fortunatly they had internet access and I was able to talk him into logging onto the Ford dealer's site to get the latest order guide. Sure enough the Bullitt package was in there.

I did this very thing. My local Ford dealer was using an order guide from June/July 2007. He said "No Bullitt here". I showed him the one I printed out and he still didn't believe me. Fortunatly they had internet access and I was able to talk him into logging onto the Ford dealer's site to get the latest order guide. Sure enough the Bullitt package was in there.

I wish that I could say that I'm amused at your experience with your local Ford Dealer but I can't. Put simply, there is no excuse for any Ford Dealer to not have the latest product information available. For the past several years Ford has been updating the vehicle order guides on a monthly basis. They don't update every vehicle order guide each month. It varies from month to month but for December about a dozen order guides were revised/updated.

As the person responsible for ordering vehicles at my office, it's my responsibility to make sure taht I'm using the most recent order guides so that the orders I place are clean/buildable units that can be scheduled when we have allocation. Just this morning a printed out all the December updates so that our Sales Department would have the correct information available in order to assist customers properly.

I hope that your local Ford Dealer was suitably embarassed at your providing them with the current 2008 Mustang Order Guide with all the information on the new Bullitt Mustang! If I can assist you at all in the future, please feel free to contact me at any time.

I hope that your local Ford Dealer was suitably embarassed at your providing them with the current 2008 Mustang Order Guide with all the information on the new Bullitt Mustang! If I can assist you at all in the future, please feel free to contact me at any time.

I can't say the sales guy was embarassed, but he was excited that there was a new Bullitt version coming out. The sales guy was a big Mustang/Vette fan from way back and we talked a bit about the movie and such.

I did go in and talk to him before Nov 15th so the Bullitt could not be ordered yet so he was kinda confused about why the order guide had the package but it couldn't be ordered. He did say he would let me know the moment it was available for order.

All in all I came away more excited then anything else. I really like this car and I'm very glad it is affordable. A lot of the disappointed folks who wanted more for the Bullitt can complain, but if they had gotten what they wanted, I wouldn't have been able to get one for myself.

I can't say the sales guy was embarassed, but he was excited that there was a new Bullitt version coming out. The sales guy was a big Mustang/Vette fan from way back and we talked a bit about the movie and such.

I did go in and talk to him before Nov 15th so the Bullitt could not be ordered yet so he was kinda confused about why the order guide had the package but it couldn't be ordered. He did say he would let me know the moment it was available for order.

All in all I came away more excited then anything else. I really like this car and I'm very glad it is affordable. A lot of the disappointed folks who wanted more for the Bullitt can complain, but if they had gotten what they wanted, I wouldn't have been able to get one for myself.

The 2008 Bullitt Mustang is available for order now. I have two in the Unscheduled Order Bank already for my Dealership with DORA's showing them as clean, buildable orders. Now I just need additional Mustang allocation to get them scheduled!

The 2008 Bullitt Mustang is available for order now. I have two in the Unscheduled Order Bank already for my Dealership with DORA's showing them as clean, buildable orders. Now I just need additional Mustang allocation to get them scheduled!

Yup, thanks to you and the info you supplied here, I called them the day the order bank opened for the Bullitt (Nov 12th I think) and had them order me one.

I asked them for their dealer code so I could check on the build status myself but he wouldn't give it out so it ends up that they will get to hear from me on a weekly basis to get updates.

The Bullitt specifications should be the same for Canada but I's still recommend that you contact your local Ford Dealer to confirm as I don't have access to the Canadian order guides.

I just got an email reply back from Ford of Canada and once again, Canadians get screwed out of options. This is what I received:

"In an effort to assist you we have researched the availability of HID headlamps and Ambient lighting on the Mustang Bullitt 2008. We were able to confirm that those option are not currently available to be ordered on the Mustang Bullitt.

However, please note that options are subject to change without prior notification. Your local dealership is, therefore, in the best position to advise you of availability of options and option combination. Ford of Canada ensures that dealerships are provided with any changes to options, as soon as the information becomes available."

In Canada, the Bullitt can't be ordered with HID lights as Canada requires daytime running lamps and the HID's can't be adjusted to do this unfortunately. Also, each new Mustang comes with a Sirius satellite system and the Shaker 500 stereo as standard equipment.

Now, I can understand the HID problem as stated...but why not the Ambient lighting?

• 2 weeks later...
I just got an email reply back from Ford of Canada and once again, Canadians get screwed out of options. This is what I received:

"In an effort to assist you we have researched the availability of HID headlamps and Ambient lighting on the Mustang Bullitt 2008. We were able to confirm that those option are not currently available to be ordered on the Mustang Bullitt.

However, please note that options are subject to change without prior notification. Your local dealership is, therefore, in the best position to advise you of availability of options and option combination. Ford of Canada ensures that dealerships are provided with any changes to options, as soon as the information becomes available."

In Canada, the Bullitt can't be ordered with HID lights as Canada requires daytime running lamps and the HID's can't be adjusted to do this unfortunately. Also, each new Mustang comes with a Sirius satellite system and the Shaker 500 stereo as standard equipment.

Now, I can understand the HID problem as stated...but why not the Ambient lighting?

In 01 you guys got more things standard on the Bullitt than we in the USofA did. Like the DRLs, glove box light, lighted vanity mirror on the right side visor... or something to that effect. So, maybe you guys get it again?

In 01 you guys got more things standard on the Bullitt than we in the USofA did. Like the DRLs, glove box light, lighted vanity mirror on the right side visor... or something to that effect. So, maybe you guys get it again?

This Bullitt is alot more stripped down than the last one. The only options Canadians can get is:

Active anti theft

Navigation GPS

That's it.

• 2 weeks later...
This Bullitt is alot more stripped down than the last one. The only options Canadians can get is:

Active anti theft

Navigation GPS

That's it.

i think if you make a closer comparison there are items standard in the Canadian market Bullitt that are options in the US market version.

Do you guys get the HID headlamps? Sirius radio?

Canadians do get Sirius radio, but not the HIDs or Ambient lighting for the Bullitt.

We can however get all of that in a regular Mustang GT, with the exception of the HIDs. Apparently, the HIDs are not compatible

with our daytime running lights. Go figure...