mixed cnet review

blazerdude20

"The bad: Cornering is hampered by loads of understeer. The speakers aren't up to the power of the amplifier, producing bad rattle at anything over half volume. "

It ain't supposed to be a sport sedan, cnet. The way most people are going to drive a Taurus, I doubt they'll even know understeer when they feel it...if they even push it hard enough to get any anyway.

As for the "rattling", that's likely a lot more to do with the lack of sound-absorbing material in the door panels than the speakers themselves. The Bose system in my Mazda rattles the doors like hell when it's cranked up too. Either way, not a very good thing.

Slightly positive, if mixed, review overall. These cnet guys would probably cream themselves over a Taurus with Synch...they seemed to love the nav system.

Edited by NickF1011

We took our 2008 ford taurus limited on a 400 mile trip this past weekend and got 25mpg city/highway driveing.Granted its not the AWD but FWD,we have about 1,500 miles on the OD,I can see the fuel mileage getting better as we get more miles on the car.coobie. :hyper: