2008 Escape or Mariner Hybrid MPG?

blown04cobra

What kind of MPG are you getting with your 2008 Hybrid? My 2008 4WD MMH is 2months old and has 2600 miles on it. I am getting 29 to 31 MPG in the city and 30 to 32 MPG on the highway. Are these the kind of gas mileages everyone else are getting? I am using fill up to fill up to calculate these numbers although the computer read out is within .3 to .4 of my figures. Just curious as the EPA gas MPG on this vehicle is 27 Highway and 29 City. Very pleased with these numbers. I just drive it like I have driven my other cars in other words I don't baby it nor do I hot rod it.

I've got 1,000 miles on my new Mariner hybrid 4WD and I get between 31 and 32 in a mix of city and highway drives so far, reading from the computer which I reset when I fill up. On some trips I've gotten as high as 35, but still don't know why the difference. I'll take 32 though. I hope Ford makes more vehicles like this. With Toyota quality slipping, I think they have a winner in this product.

What kind of MPG are you getting with your 2008 Hybrid? My 2008 4WD MMH is 2months old and has 2600 miles on it. I am getting 29 to 31 MPG in the city and 30 to 32 MPG on the highway. Are these the kind of gas mileages everyone else are getting? I am using fill up to fill up to calculate these numbers although the computer read out is within .3 to .4 of my figures. Just curious as the EPA gas MPG on this vehicle is 27 Highway and 29 City. Very pleased with these numbers. I just drive it like I have driven my other cars in other words I don't baby it nor do I hot rod it.

My 2008 FEH 4WD has 7000 miles and gets 31 MPG.

• 2 weeks later...

ive got 2500 miles on the 08 hybird and ive gotten 30+ every time ive filled up and im sure it would be better but i work out of mine and i carry a lot of tools the rear seat stays folded down. most of the time i have junk in the front seat as well. in my 05 4cy non hybird i got 24 and 27mpg when empty city i luv it. one thing ive noticed listen up ford is the number of people i meet that dont know that ford makes a hybird so i take them to school on the american hybird.

my other car link http://media.putfile.com/feast

Edited by flanaganman

On my 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid AWD I get between 26 mpg and 32 mpg depending on driving conditions. I have Pirelli Scorpion ATR tires for better traction (but lower mileage) and I have a tow bar.

ive got 2500 miles on the 08 hybird and ive gotten 30+ every time ive filled up and im sure it would be better but i work out of mine and i carry a lot of tools the rear seat stays folded down. most of the time i have junk in the front seat as well. in my 05 4cy non hybird i got 24 and 27mpg when empty city i luv it. one thing ive noticed listen up ford is the number of people i meet that dont know that ford makes a hybird so i take them to school on the american hybird.

my other car link http://media.putfile.com/BIRD-of-PREY-FEASTING-on-BUICKS